Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #16
LP 2.0
Banned

LP 2.0 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: You say you want a leader....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
lol....ziiiiiiinnnnnnnnngggggggggggg
Every day I take full account of the excellencies that I possess, and in gratitude remember how I would hanker after them, if I had them not.
LP 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #17
Looten Plunder
Banned

Looten Plunder has decent reputation

Leaders have to be daring and believe in themselves. Deep faith in yourself eliminates fear of failure.
Looten Plunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #18
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP 2.0
In bullfighting there is a term called guerencia. The gurerencia is the spot in the ring to which the bull returns. The same spot exists on message boards. Each bull/poster has a different guerencia, but as the bullshitfight continues, and the animal/poster becomes more threatened/embarrased/out of ideas, it returns more often to his/her spot. As he returns to his querencia, he becomes more predictable. And so, so in the end, the matador/superior poster is able to kill the bullshiter because instead of trying something new, the bullshitter returns to what is familiar. His comfort zone.

PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #19
Bean
Local High School Star

Bean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected poster

Looten Plunder was the last great villain of this god for saken place and now he has been banished by our tyrannical overlords. For shame.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #20
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looten P is the OTC's version of Penny Hardaway. Take from that what you will.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:23 AM   #21
Bean
Local High School Star

Bean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected posterBean is a pretty well-respected poster

There were 2 or 3 posts in here that were truely remarkable.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #22
Dasher

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
In bullfighting there is a term called guerencia. The gurerencia is the spot in the ring to which the bull returns. The same spot exists on message boards. Each bull/poster has a different guerencia, but as the bullshitfight continues, and the animal/poster becomes more threatened/embarrased/out of ideas, it returns more often to his/her spot. As he returns to his querencia, he becomes more predictable. And so, so in the end, the matador/superior poster is able to kill the bullshiter because instead of trying something new, the bullshitter returns to what is familiar. His comfort zone.
I will attempt to use this in an argument one day.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #23
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why did LP 2.0 get banned?
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #24
Bean
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Why did LP 2.0 get banned?

Because lames rule this message board. Personally I never seen Looten Plunder insult anybody. He provided a sort of intellectual wit that was not in the least snobby, which is rare. Apparantly though he was a racist and instigated suicide by posting pictures of a noose to certain people.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:53 AM   #25
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean
Because lames rule this message board. Personally I never seen Looten Plunder insult anybody. He provided a sort of intellectual wit that was not in the least snobby, which is rare. Apparantly though he was a racist and instigated suicide by posting pictures of a noose to certain people.

That seems no worse than what I've done with posting pictures or a lot of other people for that matter. I wonder what was the real reason for his banning.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:02 AM   #26
Dasher

I think the suicide thing was hot on the heels of the bodybuilding misc./justintv suicide, and Steve was not in the mood for any shenanigans.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #27
Dasher

R.I.P Looten Plunder
Old 12-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #28
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
but you can't seem to make up your mind.

Look for these 10 qualities:

Vision
Integrity
Dedication
Magnanimity
Humility*
Openness
Creativity
Fairness
Assertiveness
A Sense of Humor

I will own up to not being the most humble person. Self-aggrandizing is something that comes natural to me. I have oftentimes been accused of lacking integrity. A charge that I always dispute. As a poster, businessman, and a performer I always let my opponents know that I would do whatever it takes to come out on top. What is perceived as unscrupulousness by some is really an evolved form of integrity. I cut corners because I am relied on by a lot of people to get results, and it is my responsibility to not fail my family, partners, or underlings.

Which of these qualities would you say you possess, and what others are you trying to develop?

Whatever makes you feel better man. You're like, people say I lack integrity. But I disagree, even though I'll do anything.

Integrity is exactly that, not cutting corners to get the job done. Making up new definitions for integrity, lacks integrity.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #29
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
few notes

you can either be a tyrant or a leader.

the first one is a ruthless, cold blooded, Machiavellian, psycopath, fear-wielding, freak who's a coward deep inside. This attitude wins you insecure people.

The second is when you put reason and mission ahead of yourself and devote yourself to an abstract idea. it is the epitome of courage and human evolution. this will win you the hearts of good men.

dictators vs. servant-leaders.

stalin, hitler, gaddhafi, hussein, kim jong il, chavez, suparmurat, mugabe, amin, pol pot vs. ataturk, frederick the great, christ, jfk, confucius, siddhartha

dictators are also linked with more promiscuity, more alcohol substance whereas leaders are simpler men who are easier to be controlled

machiavelli talked about the ideal prince being someone who is frugal during times of war and generous during times of prosperity.. and that it is worse to be a generous loser than a cheap bastard who earns and gets sh1T DONE.

nelson mandela was known to make people cry when they first looked into his eyes. they say that he had something inside of him that would really touch someone's heart.. a certain God-like compassion

cult leaders in general have a healthy balance of narcissism and a loving demeanor towards others which result in very very devoted followers. they have a certain paternal quality

women leaders and ceo's are excelling primarily due to their propensity to like and really want to get to know other people and their empathy helps in fulfilling a few human needs
- the need to be needed
- the need to be heard
- the need to be appreciated

back in 3rd world countries and factories and industries, it took a very stoic masculine otulookk on life to survive.. you're seen as a stat and a piece of the puzzle and are only appreciated for what you BRing to the table than what you are... slowly its shifting to the right

when you are too compassionate people see u as weak/low value, when you are too sociopathic people see you as cold/heartless and they resent you and will bond together to get rid of your azz. this is the mistake the republicans (1 are doing with their tactics.

this is an underrated and important topic.
Read later.

Anyway, I enjoyed this thread and it's sad to see that this guy isn't around anymore.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #30
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I believe the world needs leaders, not followers, and I believe ISH has many good men who have that capacity.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: