Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Man of Steel

Default Re: Man of Steel

nolan should've just sacked snyder and directed it himself... is it that hard to just literally copy the dark knights template...

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    Superman is far, far too overpowered a super hero to be interesting.
    I guess his issue is fitting in with society. I mean you can be dismissive and say that he could do whatever he wants, but it would probably be a pretty lonely existence, with people only liking you because of what you are, not who you are. But it seems more like a storyline that only celebrities can identify with. Maybe. I suppose everyone struggles with fitting in for some reason or another. But we watch superhero movies to escape out existence, not reflect on it. I don't know, Superman just doesn't fit in anywhere lol.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Flop of Steel?

Borderline to rotten territory... oy vey.

I try not to take too much into what critics and other people that rate movies say. I'm interested in going to see it, I want to go see it, I will go see it.

Some movies I love, but got a sub-par rating on RT.com...

The Last Samurai (65%)
    The Fountain (51%)

...plus a number of others. It's just all dependent upon taste. One of the greatest movies of our era (American History X) only gets an 82% when 96% of the audience liked the movie.

Don't read so much into the numbers all the time. Iron Man 3 got like a 78% when it no where near deserved that.

Decent playground baller Immortal Bum's Avatar

called it. the first seasons of smallville will remain the most entertaining superman has been and ever will be on motion picture.

Banned

They released a 30 sec clip about a week ago and the acting by Cavill was terrible and the dialogue was cheesy as hell. I was hoping that it was just an anomaly and not an indication of the film's quality in general. Looks like that might not be the case.

Shame, I was really looking forward to this one. Most people focused on Nolan and Goyer being involved as signs that it would be great, but overlooked Snyder who is a big time hit or miss director (see the abomination that was 'Sucker Punch').

Nolan should've just run the show himself.

They shoulda just used an actor that could actually act, not a guy in a good physical shape alone. Henry Cavill is C tier actor, even Chris Hemsworth had some humorous charm and charisma on screen. But seems like Cavill is too dull and serious.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    too dull and serious.
    that's superman

Decent playground baller Immortal Bum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    They shoulda just used an actor that could actually act, not a guy in a good physical shape alone. Henry Cavill is C tier actor, even Chris Hemsworth had some humorous charm and charisma on screen. But seems like Cavill is too dull and serious.
    that's superman.

Lol no wonder the movie failed, the key to all the successful superhero movies so far has been the subtle humor and charisma. Even in Nolan's Batman trilogy there were some intentionally or even unintentionally funny moments. Otherwise the film becomes no different than Transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Was gonna see the midnight show w/ the fam. Not so sure now.

Reading the reviews, it sounds like everyone enjoyed Cavill as Superman, just not the script, err lack of substance and dialogue they gave him. The comparison to transformers is what really disappoints me.
    yeah kinda reminded me of transformers with the cube being the codex here. I wasnt dissappointed but thought it could have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    They released a 30 sec clip about a week ago and the acting by Cavill was terrible and the dialogue was cheesy as hell. I was hoping that it was just an anomaly and not an indication of the film's quality in general. Looks like that might not be the case.

Shame, I was really looking forward to this one. Most people focused on Nolan and Goyer being involved as signs that it would be great, but overlooked Snyder who is a big time hit or miss director (see the abomination that was 'Sucker Punch').

Nolan should've just run the show himself.

Haven't seen it yet, but I was so pysched for this movie....what a disappointment it's getting mediocre reviews.

All the reviews say not enough character development and too big, loud, and clunky. What a cliche. It's like the classic mistake to make. How hard is it to do real character development and throw in humor. Every "reboot" nowadays takes out the quiet character development and human element, for loud big action and "cold" characters. This is what people like?

I knew when I heard this "300" director was making this that it might be a problem. Ugh....

oh well.......putting VHS "Superman II" into VCR.......Michael Jackson popcorn gif.........

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316

1. S2(Donner's Cut)
    2. SR
    3. STM

I'm disappointed now that I know this movie isn't getting reviewed well. Like the majority of you, I expected it to be on par with TDK.