Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-17-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

rosonviyavong has an OK reputation so far
Default Eating disorder?

My little brothers have some friend who doesn't eat any meat or seafoord just because he thinks it tastes gross which explains how skinny he is. Also he is not a Vegan because he hates veggies as well like every other kid and he does not eat any replacement protein like shakes, tofu, or even eggs. The foods he eats to fill himself up are basically instant noodles, chips, fries, and other processed horrible food.

So my question here for anyone who knows their foods and nutrition are ..what the hell can happen to this kid if he keeps this lifestyle up? I mean I do not eat processed foods at all for my body and to think about this kid who eats pretty much ONLY processed foods I can't imagine how bad that is for your body. So yeah anyone have answers??
rosonviyavong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:42 AM   #2
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Eating disorder?

Doesn't sound like an eating disorder. He's actually eating. Unless he goes and throws it all up.

If he keeps it up he should expect high blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, etc.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:22 AM   #3
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

Oh yah my bad I just didn't know how to properly call this
Old 10-17-2010, 06:32 AM   #4
YouCallILose
Banned

YouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

He has the same diet that around 50% of young male adults share..just look at the statistics.

He's going to be fine in the short term, but will probably suffer from an acute myocardial infarction, better known as a heart attack, at some point in life.

Really, short term, you have nothing to worry about unless he is suffering from severe obesity or hypertension(high blood pressure).

Either of these can be controlled, unless he has secondary hypertension but that's generally caused by an auxiliary pathosis.

But nah bro, pretty much the only thing you have to worry about are the effects it can have on his dentistry and behavior. He could potentially develop Attention Deficit Hyper Activity disorder based on a lack of thymines, but generally speaking none of that is life threatening.

If he maintains this same diet throughout life, obviously it's going to bring in considerable infirmities as he progresses through adult hood but in the mean time don't worry about it.

Now recent studies have shown poor metabolism due to exercise deficiency which can correlate to poor diet, but it's not really that serious as it's just standard with lazy ass people eating lazy ass foods; i.e. going to mcdonalds drive thru & watching a game instead of cooking baked chicken & going for a jog. That's also ascribed to childhood asthma, but that's generally hereditary.

Just chill out, he's going to be fine. Also the heart attack would most likely come age 50+

Last edited by YouCallILose : 10-17-2010 at 06:55 AM.
YouCallILose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:53 AM   #5
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCallILose
He has the same diet that around 50% of young male adults share..just look at the statistics.

He's going to be fine in the short term, but will probably suffer from an acute myocardial infarction, better known as a heart attack, at some point in life.

Really, short term, you have nothing to worry about unless he is suffering from severe obesity or hypertension(high blood pressure).

Either of these can be controlled, unless he has secondary hypertension but that's generally caused by an auxiliary pathosis.

But nah bro, pretty much the only thing you have to worry about are the effects it can have on his dentistry and behavior. He could potentially develop Attention Deficit Hyper Activity disorder based on a lack of thymines, but generally speaking none of that is life threatening.

If he maintains this same diet throughout life, obviously it's going to bring in considerable infirmities as he progresses through adult hood but in the mean time don't worry about it.

Now recent studies have shown poor metabolism due to exercise deficiency which can correlate to poor diet, but it's not really that serious as it's just standard with lazy ass people eating lazy ass foods; i.e. going to mcdonalds drive thru & watching a game instead of cooking baked chicken & going for a jog. That's also ascribed to childhood asthma, but that's generally hereditary.

Just chill out, he's going to be fine.

Well Wrote .
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:53 AM   #6
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

taste changes in your early 20s, and you'll get around to eating what treats your body right then. unless you're just a lazy and careless person, and then there's trouble. but once the metabolism stabilizes to a point, it's very easy to listen to your body and eat the things it wants.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:05 AM   #7
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
taste changes in your early 20s, and you'll get around to eating what treats your body right then. unless you're just a lazy and careless person, and then there's trouble. but once the metabolism stabilizes to a point, it's very easy to listen to your body and eat the things it wants.

In some cases, but I think a lot of it has to do with the food you were brought up on.

My parents force fed me healthy food at home when I was young and now I really need to eat servings of fruit or veg everyday or I don't quite feel right. Conversely I have friends who can eat fast food three meals a day and be totally fine. Look at people from different cultures, when we have Asians visit our company for more than a day or two they need their ethnic food or they don't feel right.

When you are young there is zero affect, the body at young ages (until around your mid-twenties) is VERY resilient. What happens though is in your late 30s and onward you begin to get minor complications, and those become exasperated by factors such as obesity, diet and lifestyle.

Your friend needs to start working healthy food into his diet at some point so it will be less of a burden to do so later. Even little things like going to Subway instead of Burger King can help.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:12 AM   #8
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
In some cases, but I think a lot of it has to do with the food you were brought up on.

My parents force fed me healthy food at home when I was young and now I really need to eat servings of fruit or veg everyday or I don't quite feel right. Conversely I have friends who can eat fast food three meals a day and be totally fine. Look at people from different cultures, when we have Asians visit our company for more than a day or two they need their ethnic food or they don't feel right.

When you are young there is zero affect, the body at young ages (until around your mid-twenties) is VERY resilient. What happens though is in your late 30s and onward you begin to get minor complications, and those become exasperated by factors such as obesity, diet and lifestyle.

Your friend needs to start working healthy food into his diet at some point so it will be less of a burden to do so later. Even little things like going to Subway instead of Burger King can help.

i agree with what you're saying. maybe what i said was just a personal experience; i didn't eat too poorly growing up, and i definitely had too much fast food and shit food in my first couple of years in college. but it got to a point where my body just kind of told me what it wanted to eat, when it needs fruits or vegetables or even when it needs meat and protein, and all the processed food/fast food/junk just kind of faded out of the equation.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:38 AM   #9
YouCallILose
Banned

YouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsYouCallILose has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Also I want to rant on something for a second regarding my last statement about the heart attack @ age 50+

OP: I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you wrote this post in regards to yourself having a poor diet.

Do what you want in life man. These people that attempt to transpose their disposition on another then condemn them when they repudiate it are asinine. They're most likely disconsolate and will never find solace in life. What the fk you want man. If eating unhealthy food grants you happiness then eat all the fking junk food you want.

There is no palpable composition of how you're supposed to live YOUR life. It's yours and that is the ONLY person who should have an effect on it. Could their be consequential repercussions of what you choose to do with your time here?

Absolutely. You might die of a heart attack because your sit on the couch all day, or go to jail for not paying your taxes. But who cares man? As long as you can accept these ramifications, then whatever else someone thinks shouldn't mean jack shit.

Every day we make choices based on judgement which could spell the calamity, but guess what you have to deal with it.

You know that person that was murdered by a drunk driver? That could have been you just as easily at a random time.

Life is full of the contingent, and you can't weigh your decisions at all times otherwise you will achieve nothing.

Just sit back and enjoy what you find amusing. Just because someone tells you something is bad doesn't mean you can't take part in it. I post on ISH because I find it entertaining. Would my time be more served volunteering to help build shelters for the homeless? From societies standpoint, absolutely. From a personal standpoint? Fck that shit man. I would find absolutely no happiness in it, so why bother?

Perhaps one might find my approach a bit brash and lackadaisical in regards to my fellow man, but they too had their opportunity. You reap what you sow my friend, and I'm planting a god damn garden here.

Call me a bit of a narcissist if you want as I do not care, I find great happiness in doing what I want. I understand that by acting on a me first basis isn't ideal for the subordinate members of society, but I'm sorry it gives me solace. Does that mean I do not extend courtesy to others? Absolutely not, but if it's me vs you I'm doing whatever it takes to get out ontop.

Does that mean my approach is correct? No, nothing in life is truly correct. Everything is a matter of opinion as NOTHING can be proven without even the smallest amount of doubt.

The person who was hit by the drunk driver, was she murdered by them? Maybe, but on the flip side of things maybe she killed herself by being on the road at that time. It could have just as easily never happened had she not been there.

Everything is a combination of actions which result in a product. That product's analysis is based on theory and nothing more.

I'm sure I will receive some conjecture such as 2+2=4 as a fact. But tell me, what the fk is 2? A madeup number? Just like time, it's all opinion. Someone had to make it up so what is the difference between 2 and 3? The hell if I know, I was just told it's the whole unit between 2 and 4.

But back to the point, 1 thing in life is certain and that is your death. Everything else between the point you were born, and trust me you are 1 lucky mother fker to have ever been conceived taking into account sperm count, egg selection, genealogy, etc., is on YOU. Noone else, you have control.

So what happens between birth and death is absolutely random. That is your path to go through so do what pleases you. If giving others gratitude alot's you ecstasy then so be it. But if being a bum and posting on Insidehoops all day while rollin' a fatty is what you like then let that mother fucker burn.

Hey you might die 30 years before the people that told you their way was the right way, but at least you were happy doing it.

TL/DR: 50 years of euphoria>80 years of misery

Although I would suggest reading it because, IMO, it should be everyone's object in life. Also note, everything is opinion in my post therefore it is all not contradiction

Last edited by YouCallILose : 10-17-2010 at 07:47 AM.
YouCallILose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:31 AM   #10
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

No this is not for me LOL it is actually for my brothers friend. I eat very healthy actually and excersize and run on daily basis. But thanks for the responses man!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: