Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-02-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people
Arrow Is Lebron the next VC? Or Wade? Who is more likely?

I'm not saying either will be.

Lebron

Lebron might be the lackadaisical side of VC. I don't watch him enough (because I find it very boring) to really comment, but others have said, in one way or another, that he doesn't seem to care as much as he should. If you had to guess whether or not Lebron plays a lot better on Thursday nights (on TNT), what would you say? I looked at his scoring average, and his scoring average increases from 26. to 28.9 on TNT days. That is not a significant increase at all if you ask me, and if you take away his games of 38 and 39, his ppg is only 25. So the answer to that question is pretty much "no".

Is lebron going to have a lack of motivation problem in the future? If so, how much will it affect his play/legacy?

Wade

I only really added Wade in here to get the other aspect of VC (what he USED to be, before his random transformation): injured a lot. I do NOT think Wade will miss games because of little injuries, even with the flare for dramatics he has.

Last edited by insidehoops : 03-02-2007 at 12:48 PM.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:25 PM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Lebron the next VC? Or Wade? Who is more likely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
I'm not saying either will be.

Lebron

Lebron might be the lackadaisical side of VC. I don't watch him enough (because I find it very boring) to really comment, but
"I'm just going to say whatever random thoughts pop into my head anyway, because that's just what i do."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Wade

I only really added Wade in here to get the other aspect of VC
"which is, that VC has been injured before, and you know, all injuries turn a player into Vince Carter. It's like that roads and Rome thing, meaning that most of you are right now drowning in the Atlantic."
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

wade got his team a ring and has stepped up his game on each of his postseason appearences, he already surpassed carter, who hasnt done jack except winning the dunk contest.

lebron is already better than carter has ever been, the standard here is too low, vince carter ? please.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

It wasn't even my thought pal.
Quote:
I don't watch him enough (because I find it very boring) to really comment, but others have said, in one way or another, that he doesn't seem to care as much as he should.

I haven't seen a topic about lebron caring or not in awhile, so I thought I'd make one.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:50 PM   #5
NASH = BEST
On Campus Baby ; )

NASH = BEST has an OK reputation so far

LeBron is in the path of "Vin-sanity" right now i.e. "The Next big thing but doesnt have the onions to do what it takes to get it done in the end"..

I can see it now, LeBron wasting away his carrer somewhere like New Jersey or Boston of all Places in 2012.
NASH = BEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:55 PM   #6
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
wade got his team a ring and has stepped up his game on each of his postseason appearences, he already surpassed carter, who hasnt done jack except winning the dunk contest.

lebron is already better than carter has ever been, the standard here is too low, vince carter ? please.

I guess I'll have to respond to this again, ty mods...?

Listen, and try to understand. I am not saying wade or lebron will morph into Vince Carter. Got that part? I am offering up something for discussion: do wade and lebron share some of VC's (negative) characteristics. I bet you can comprehend that.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #7
DreamRockets

yes i comprehend it, and no, they dont, neither of them is a quitter.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:10 PM   #8
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Sean77 has an OK reputation so far

Vince's claim to fame will forever be his long list of posterizations and the 2000 Slam Dunk Contest. Outside of that what else is there to excited about?

My big concern is that Lebron doesn't become the next Garnett, a phenomenal player whose loyalty to the team that drafted him was his only weakness.

Wade is a NBA champion and Finals MVP. He will put his body on the line in order to win. Carter can't say that in any way, shape or form.
Sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #9
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
yes i comprehend it, and no, they dont, neither of them is a quitter.

Cool. But quitter wasn't the characteristic I mentioned. I don't think Lebron is a quitter at all, but he may have a lack of motivation. Lackadaisical.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #10
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

im not sure i 100% agree.

speaking of statS? of course.

but winning? well vince took his team to game 7 in one of the most epical series' of the post jordan era against iverson (seemed like each was dropping 50 every other game).

lebron hasnt had that type of excitement in the postseason yet. dont bring up washington (fouls + travel) or detroit (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz).

im actually usually a wince *****/lebron supporter, but to say vince carter's prime is not a high standard is pretty wrong.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #11
DreamRockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
im not sure i 100% agree.

but winning? well vince took his team to game 7 in one of the most epical series' of the post jordan era against iverson (seemed like each was dropping 50 every other game).

lebron hasnt had that type of excitement in the postseason yet. dont bring up washington (fouls + travel) or detroit (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz).

excitement ? look kid when i watch basketball i want results, not flash, lebron took last year's pistons to 7 games, carter took the 01 sixers to 7 games, 06 pistons > 01 sixers, hence lebron > vince.

wade is not debateable, he already has a ring and a finals mvp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
im actually usually a wince h@ter/lebron supporter, but to say vince carter's prime is not a high standard is pretty wrong.

if comparing them to wade and lebron then yes, it is, both are better than carter ever was, both have shown more leadership than vince ever did
Old 03-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #12
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

06 pistons got taken to 7 games against the pitiful cavaliers.

sixers stole a game away from a laker team that was about to go UNDEFEATED IN THE PLAYOFFS

you been sippin too much of that houston syrup. ivo's sixers > 06 pistons.

hence prime vince > anything lebron did in the playoffs
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:43 PM   #13
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Quote:
if comparing them to wade and lebron then yes, it is, both are better than carter ever was, both have shown more leadership than vince ever did

No one is comparing stats.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: