Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Gumby coming to Toronto?

I know a lot of you guys are not going to be happy about this, but Brandon Jennings and Demar have been having a good time together in China and since Mr. Jennings is a free agent this year and Jose is off the books, he might be coming our way...

https://twitter.com/#!/BRAND0NJENNIN...63898767753216

Incoming Q's rant in 3...2...1...
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: Gumby coming to Toronto?

Jose has another year.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Jose has another year.

He gets traded in the draft?
Old 05-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jennings isn't much of a playmaker for a PG and isn't a good scorer either. I guess I wouldn't like it because he's not a very good player and he likely will get overpaid.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

Quote:
I know a lot of you guys are not going to be happy about this, but Brandon Jennings and Demar have been having a good time together in China and since Mr. Jennings is a free agent this year and Jose is off the books, he might be coming our way...

https://twitter.com/#!/BRAND0NJENNIN...63898767753216

Incoming Q's rant in 3...2...1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Jennings isn't much of a playmaker for a PG and isn't a good scorer either. I guess I wouldn't like it because he's not a very good player and he likely will get overpaid.

You disappoint me.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He just isn't good. I'm all for the Raptors taking some risks and overpaying some younger players that are hitting free agency. But productive ones. I'm sure a lot of people would (if it happens) compare it to when TJ Ford came to Toronto but TJ Ford was a better player with more potential. I loved that move when it happened.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
He just isn't good. I'm all for the Raptors taking some risks and overpaying some younger players that are hitting free agency. But productive ones. I'm sure a lot of people would (if it happens) compare it to when TJ Ford came to Toronto but TJ Ford was a better player with more potential. I loved that move when it happened.

Agreed, he's got one asset to him and it's his quickness. His quickness gets him praise aroud the league, but he shoots extremely poor percentages. He's the type of player I wouldn't want to build around. Brandon Jennings is overrated.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Give me Dragic.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #9
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Give me Dragic.

what will you do with him?

Last edited by Dr.Funk : 05-18-2012 at 11:24 PM.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:43 PM   #10
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

If we get Jennings; this would just about secure our mediocrity for the next 5 years or so. Jennings is awful...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #11
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
what will you do with him?

He is a young point guard who defends well and can create for his team. He showed flashes in Phoenix and really came into his own in Houston this year. Just because you haven't kept up with his development doesn't mean you should randomly be flaming every post I make.

Last edited by Dr.Funk : 05-18-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #12
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

just because he said "talking about the future" means he's coming to Toronto? OP should apply for the national inquirer.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #13
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

I'm all for adding any sort of talent to this team but Jennings is someone I would definitely think twice about. Here are his FG% since he's entered the league:

I mean don't get me wrong, he's still a young player with upside but I don't know if this team can handle both Jennings and DeRozan having bad shooting nights

On the bright side atleast he shows willingness to play D...I'm sure Casey could touch him up a bit lol
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #14
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
just because he said "talking about the future" means he's coming to Toronto? OP should apply for the national inquirer.

I never claimed it to be a fact, I said it was a possibility. I can't make assumptions?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: