Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Grizzlies are for real now

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Yes. but if I was a Memphis fan, I would hope for the best and try to give Prince a lot of credit. There is no other option, the team couldn't keep rudy.
    The problem isn't getting rid of Gay, it's that I find it extremely hard to believe there was a not a better offer available.

Prince will gel quickly with the team. He's consistently solid and is a great locker room guy. Brings experience and defense. Gay is talented but unreliable. He was the west's Danny Granger.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Prince will gel quickly with the team. He's consistently solid and is a great locker room guy. Brings experience and defense. Gay is talented but unreliable. He was the west's Danny Granger.
    excactly, Prince is going to bring in another defensive beast to aid allen. Hes always consistent something rudy couldnt dream of. For that type of money he should be putting up more than 17 ppg on better consistency. .400% this year? I mean i love rudy and think he did bring a unique dynamic to the team with his atheleticism i just feel this was a good move for better or worse i wish we got pierce tho. Prince and Davis and Daye will be just fine though filling out our roster making it competitive at all angles and freeing up zbo and marc to ancor our offense more.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

LOL at anyone that thinks Memphis got better. They are going to drop in the rankings because they have a cheap f.uck owner that doesn't care about winning

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    LOL at anyone that thinks Memphis got better. They are going to drop in the rankings because they have a cheap f.uck owner that doesn't care about winning
    Them having a cheap owner automatically means that the moves they made wont work out?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    But remember, it was a total team effort. Rudy Gay was a huge part of that success.
    explain why they did just as well without him the one year.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Them having a cheap owner automatically means that the moves they made wont work out?
    You aren't going to get far without a dynamic perimeter player/threat in the playoffs. Say what you want about Gay's efficiency, they were going to need him if they even wanted a shot at beating OKC, Clippers, etc. They have no shot now.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    excactly, Prince is going to bring in another defensive beast to aid allen. Hes always consistent something rudy couldnt dream of. For that type of money he should be putting up more than 17 ppg on better consistency. .400% this year? I mean i love rudy and think he did bring a unique dynamic to the team with his atheleticism i just feel this was a good move for better or worse i wish we got pierce tho. Prince and Davis and Daye will be just fine though filling out our roster making it competitive at all angles and freeing up zbo and marc to ancor our offense more.
    prince is not that great of a defender. dude gets beat by strength and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Memphis went deep in the playoffs (WCF) without Gay. They got eliminated in the first round last season, with Gay.

Decent college freshman

Memphis fans I wish you the best of luck but Prince is being extremely overrated.

As a Piston fan I'm so glad he is gone. His defense is average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Memphis went deep in the playoffs (WCF) without Gay. They got eliminated in the first round last season, with Gay.
    No perimeter threat-no title. They are a fringe 2nd round team at best now.

Learning to shoot layups

is Prince playing tonight against OKC?

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    lmao future repped
    you're really not going to rep him you liar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xhuegox
    is Prince playing tonight against OKC?
    They are currently not planning on playing him tonight.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    Prince is not a good defender anymore, let a lone a beast. Hence, the overrating of him going on.

He is good for his experience and spot up shooting, but it's not as if he is some automatic knock down three point shooter either. Nor is Daye who has been a huge disappointment, IMO, in the NBA.

Shedding salary, and getting rid of Gay all make sense.. I just don't understand why some people, especially Memphis fans, are talking up these 3 players who belong on a bench with only Ed Davis being capable of being a good 6th man so much. Davis will be splitting time with Arthur as a backup PF/C.

Obviously we have to see how the teams fits together, but you can not honestly think Memphis looks better now on paper than they did 3 weeks ago before both trades. Again, I get the salary dump, but for Prince, Davis, and Daye? Really?