Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: The Matrix is the greatest movie ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    What about Point Break?
    One word:

Patrick Swayze

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    But you haven't really said anything in this thread. You made some general statements about Kant and Quantum Physics and then called everyone an idiot who doesn't get where you are coming from. Some people aren't very familiar with Kant or Quantum Physics not because they are stupid but because they simply haven't read much about the subjects.

You tell us you have spent 10 years learning about these subjects and then tell everyone to "do their homework" before you will respond to them. Sorry but most people aren't going to spend all day learning about a topic just so they can respond to some dude on ISH. You should be more willing to earnestly communicate your ideas if you want these threads to be anything more than you trying to get attention.

This. Having a hard time believing you've got 15 years of research on Kant and Quantum Physics here. Thread seems like you read the cliffs notes of someone's thesis about Kant and the Matrix and are just trying to flex your knowledge despite a cursory handle on the material. You've got 15 years of research on us, not sure what kind of "homework" we can do to compete with that. How about you enlighten us or blow our minds with some real critical thought about what you've taken from the film and it's relevance to quantum physics/Kant instead of laying out some simple ideas and berating anyone who isn't treating your posts as gospel?

I learned from all of his conspiracy theory threads that it's not worth arguing with Rambo. He's a nutbag who is greatly hampered by confirmation bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    I learned from all of his conspiracy theory threads that it's not worth arguing with Rambo. He's a nutbag who is greatly hampered by confirmation bias.
    He's always right and everyone else is an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    my god, bro... you need to read more books.

(like, a lot a lot more books)
    Or step outside occassionaly, talk to anyone, pay more attention in school. Lots of things would help.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    2. Planck (a much smarter scientist than Einstein) ran a few experiments that pretty much prove waves (electrical charges) don't actually become matter unless if someone looks at it. He concluded that matter does not exist and our observation of the world is what creates it, hence the creation of Quantum Physics (greatest science of all time).
    If we don't observe the electrons in the double slit experiment we see the interference pattern created by their wave like behavior. However if we look at events from our past we don't see interference patterns but matter behaving like matter. All of the geological events that occurred billions of years ago show no evidence of wave like behavior yet no human was ever there to observe them. Those events have already occurred so they shouldn't be subject to conscious influence any longer just like the results for the non-observed interference pattern in the double slit experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    If we don't observe the electrons in the double slit experiment we see the interference pattern created by their wave like behavior. However if we look at events from our past we don't see interference patterns but matter behaving like matter. All of the geological events that occurred billions of years ago show no evidence of wave like behavior yet no human was ever there to observe them. Those events have already occurred so they shouldn't be subject to conscious influence any longer just like the results for the non-observed interference pattern in the double slit experiment.
    Then I present to you the concept of quantum entanglement. A photon in the present can actually alter one in the past.

What does this mean in elementary terms?

This means our current conscious observation of a photon can alter the "geolical events" of the past. It goes to reason if we can alter physical matter in the past state, we are changing history itself.

This is the reason why some scientists are talking about time travel based on the laws of this new science.

Look at the cute little philosopher pretending he's in a hard science field.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wachter
    Look at the cute little philosopher pretending he's in a hard science field.
    The more I learn about Quantum Physics the more I am beginning to accept this field of study. It took them over 200 years to catch up with sh*t we already knew. I was anti science because I was anti Newton and his perception of the material world. This is an age old ideology philosophy has already destroyed with Berkeley, so it was hard to take it seriously.

Science is only beginning to catch up to philosophy. Congrats. It is sad though that the Science they teach in education will keep the students dumbed down and not truly comprehend what reality is.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Then I present to you the concept of quantum entanglement. A photon in the present can actually alter one in the past.

What does this mean in elementary terms?

This means our current conscious observation of a photon can alter the "geolical events" of the past. It goes to reason if we can alter physical matter in the past state, we are changing history itself.
    If that were the case then why do we still see the interference pattern in the double slit experiment? Shouldn't photons in the future be interacting with the results and reordering them in a way so we never observe the interference pattern? Why can we see the interference patten in the experimental data but not in the the geological data?

The more I learn about Quantum Physics the more I am beginning to accept this field of study. It took them over 200 years to catch up with sh*t we already knew. I was anti science because I was anti Newton and his perception of the material world. This is an age old ideology philosophy has already destroyed with Berkeley, so it was hard to take it seriously.

Science is only beginning to catch up to philosophy. Congrats. It is sad though that the Science they teach in education will keep the students dumbed down and not truly comprehend what reality is.
    This guy thinks he's Sheldon

Believe it or not I never seen The Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    If that were the case then why do we still see the interference pattern in the double slit experiment? Shouldn't photons in the future be interacting with the results and reordering them in a way so we never observe the interference pattern? Why can we see the interference patten in the experimental data but not in the the geological data?
    Interference supports entanglement. Single particles are interfering with themselves, this means the state of one particle is not seperate from another whether it is in the past or present. Therefore the present particle state can alter the past one.

Even history itself is a perception of our current state. This idea is hard to grasp, but it is now an established fact based on numerous experiments.

Interference supports entanglement. Single particles are interfering with themselves, this means the state of one particle is not seperate from another whether it is in the past or present. Therefore the present particle state can alter the past one.

Even history itself is a perception of our current state. This idea is hard to grasp, but it is now an established fact based on numerous experiments.
    This makes absolutely no sense

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    This makes absolutely no sense
    We can alter the past; what happens in the past is no longer an objective reality but rather a reflection of our present mental state. Sure we might have photos, artifacts, videos, etc. to remind us of the past, but the past is nothing more than just a thought, a memory, it doesn't exist other than our reflection of it.