Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    I am your soldier!

Default Re: Arroyo Waived..... For Bibby?

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic
    Don't get it twisted dude, Bibby is a much better shooter than Arroyo. All of Arroyo's shots this season have been enough time to watch the 5th set of a Wimbledon final type wide open. LeBatard said Bibby was shooting like high 60's on open baskets yesterday.
    An NBA player shooting high 60s on open baskets in practice? That's pretty awful for a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I like the analogy. While true, I still think Arroyo's a bit better of a fit, although Bibby's a better player. Either way I think it's a lateral move, I may be wrong, but I dou....we'll see!

Do you think he'll get major minutes or just like 10 minutes or so?
    Like I said in the other thread yesterday, we'll have to see if Bibby's offense can supersede his defensive liability.

I'm expecting a solid 25-30 minutes within a few weeks. Like he was logging in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    An NBA player shooting high 60s on open baskets in practice? That's pretty awful for a shooter.
    in Game, not practice.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by kidachi
    Heat don't need a PG.. they have Wade and LeBron..

they need a fucking big man..

they can't keep matching up with LA and Boston with that.. they look like midgets..

WADE AND BRON are turnover prone.. Bibby usually has a 3-1 assist to turnover ratio.. His shooting and total offensive game is better than any other pg they have.. His defense is horrible and they will have to find a way to hide him.. Going to be hard since they don't have a true big to clog the lane... Either way he is better than Chalmers at pg.. Chalmers is good defensively and still gets beat by the good pg's..

3-time NBA All-Star

If he can shoot 40 percent from three than he is already much better than any other pg they have.. Plus he can set up their offense.. Only Arroyo could do that.. Chalmers is also too turnover prone for a pg...

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson14
    Damn arroyo was my one of my favorite heat
    +1

It seems to me that Bibby's "clutchness" is going to amount to a hill of beans, as a team of guys like Wade/LeBron/Bosh, etc will be looking to take the big time shots.

Plus, he won't be handling the ball much, and offers nothing defensively.

What is the point of this move?

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo Magic
    in Game, not practice.
    Oh I misunderstood your use of the word yesterday. I thought you meant Lebatard watched him in practice yesterday, not said what he said yesterday.

My bad.

i really do not know what Arroyo is good at.

getting Bibby is a HUGE upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    It seems to me that Bibby's "clutchness" is going to amount to a hill of beans, as a team of guys like Wade/LeBron/Bosh, etc will be looking to take the big time shots.

Plus, he won't be handling the ball much, and offers nothing defensively.

What is the point of this move?
    having a PG that shoots 44% from threes could stretch the floor for those 3 guys.... dont u think?

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    WADE AND BRON are turnover prone.. Bibby usually has a 3-1 assist to turnover ratio.. His shooting and total offensive game is better than any other pg they have.. His defense is horrible and they will have to find a way to hide him.. Going to be hard since they don't have a true big to clog the lane... Either way he is better than Chalmers at pg.. Chalmers is good defensively and still gets beat by the good pg's..
    Compared to Bibby then yes Wade is more turnover prone in the assist/turnover ratio department. But not Lebron, especially when he actually starts PG where he averaged for example 12.1 APG and 3.1 TOs per game last year 11 games for the Cavs and had ~9 apg on ~3 turnovers per game for the year, which is better assist to turnover ratio and not to mention more productive aswell compared to any prime Bibby year, James did that with ~30 ppg aswell, so you know he could have easily averaged much more than ~9 apg if he wanted to.

They still do need Bibby even though they can more than live without him, but a true center should have and should still be Miamis #1 priority.
    Last edited by sh0wtime; 03-01-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    He'll never get the opportunity to turn the ball over since LeBron and Wade are the primary ball handlers. Welcome to life as a spot up shooter, Mike Bibby. (Which he'll probably excel at... damnit)

Oh I misunderstood your use of the word yesterday. I thought you meant Lebatard watched him in practice yesterday, not said what he said yesterday.

My bad.
    I'd have made the same mistake. Poor sentence formation by me.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    He'll never get the opportunity to turn the ball over since LeBron and Wade are the primary ball handlers. Welcome to life as a spot up shooter, Mike Bibby. (Which he'll probably excel at... damnit)
    You know Jamal and Joe love handling the rock right?

im a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by sh0wtime
    Compared to Bibby then yes Wade is more turnover prone in the assist/turnover ratio department. But not Lebron, especially when he actually starts PG where he averaged for example 12.1 APG and 3.1 TOs per game last year 11 games for the Cavs and had ~9 apg on ~3 turnovers per game for the year, which is better assist to turnover ratio and not to mention more productive aswell compared to any prime Bibby year, James did that with ~30 ppg aswell, so you know he could have easily averaged much more than ~9 apg if he wanted to.

They still do need Bibby even though they can more than live without him, but a true center should have and should still be Miamis #1 priority.
    actually no, you're wrong. as a whole since coming back from injury in the 08-09 season lebron has been far more turnover prone than wade. stop making up bs and protecting your boy even when you dont have anything to back it up.

lebron is more turnover prone than wade. fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    having a PG that shoots 44% from threes could stretch the floor for those 3 guys.... dont u think?
    It could help. Additionally, they lose a lot of close games, so maybe whatever he contributes could put them over the edge, but in this offense, he will barely be handling the ball.

Maybe he can be like what (regular season) Mo Williams was for Cleveland during their heyday.