Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 12-20-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Lets take a look back at the IND/GS trade

Pacers send:
Stephen Jackson
Al Harrington
Sarunas
Josh Powell

Golden State sends:
Troy Murphy
Mike Dunleavy Jr
Ike Diogu

Since Sarunas and Powell dont get no time, we could basically cancel them out, they were merely fillers. If the trade was looked at at the end of last season, everyone basically thought that GS got the better end of that deal. When its looked at now, with the emerging play of Dunleavy and Ike is only going to get better, I truely think that the Pacers got the better end of the deal. What do you guys think???
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:58 PM   #2
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Re: Lets take a look back at the IND/GS trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
Pacers send:
Stephen Jackson
Al Harrington
Sarunas
Josh Powell

Golden State sends:
Troy Murphy
Mike Dunleavy Jr
Ike Diogu

Since Sarunas and Powell dont get no time, we could basically cancel them out, they were merely fillers. If the trade was looked at at the end of last season, everyone basically thought that GS got the better end of that deal. When its looked at now, with the emerging play of Dunleavy and Ike is only going to get better, I truely think that the Pacers got the better end of the deal. What do you guys think???

Definitely. Ike's gonna be great a PF, and Dunleavy will be a solid all around scorer. Murphy can rebound and shoot. Indiana gets the better end of this deal.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:08 PM   #3
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
Definitely. Ike's gonna be great a PF, and Dunleavy will be a solid all around scorer. Murphy can rebound and shoot. Indiana gets the better end of this deal.
i really want to see Murphy break out and play like he did a few years ago in GS when he averaged like 15points and 11 rebs
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:43 PM   #4
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
i really want to see Murphy break out and play like he did a few years ago in GS when he averaged like 15points and 11 rebs

That would be great. I am currently on the "Trade J.O." Bandwagon, because his value is about as high as it's going to be for a while. If they keep him, there's a strong chance they don't make a deep playoff run. I think if they can get a good young kid for him, then I would go for it.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:59 PM   #5
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Come on, Marny, J.O.'s an inside presence. You need that in the NBA these days. Diogu's a good young kid, but the Pacers will be set back pretty far if they trade J.O. We can't let that happen to our playoff contending Pacers!
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 12:10 AM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

great trade IMO.

#1. ike diogu was originally thought of as the best part of that trade. dunleavy has proved them (including me) wrong and i'm glad. he's been showing us that he's worth his salary.

#2. diogu is only going to improve.

#3. sarunas was an imported bust. the poor guy should have stayed overseas. bad bird, bad.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:28 AM   #7
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

I honestly believe it was a fair deal for both sides. Steve Jackson and Al Harrington are both playing very well for Don Nelson. Mike, Ike, & Troy are especially playing well in Jim Obrien's run n' gun system. I believe (for the most part) it was a nice change of scenery for all the players involved in the trade.

Also:
Keith McLeod, a solid point guard was also included in the trade to the Pacers.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:32 AM   #8
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31

Also:
Keith McLeod, a solid point guard was also included in the trade to the Pacers.

too bad keith didn't do much more for us than hanging out w/ tins and the gang at the clubs.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:26 AM   #9
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
#3. sarunas was an imported bust. the poor guy should have stayed overseas. bad bird, bad.
Runi actually had some pretty good games in a Pacers uni, he was actually a pretty solid player when we got rid of him. The Nelly let him rot away on the bench, it pretty much ruined his NBA career.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: