Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 05-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #1
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here
Default Add Jeff Van Gundy to List of Head Coach Candidates

Quote:
Van Gundy dismissed as Rockets coach

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

Jeff Van Gundy was fired as Rockets coach on Friday, less than two weeks after the Rockets' first-round loss to the Utah Jazz.

After initial ambivalence about returning to the team as coach, Van Gundy had made his desire to be back clear. The Rockets, however, had already begun an extensive interview process with former Kings, Warriors and Trail Blazers coach Rick Adelman who is considered the only candidate to replace Van Gundy.

Van Gundy had told the Rockets that he would not object to the team looking into its coaching options.

On Thursday, Rockets general manager Daryl Morey offered Van Gundy another position with the team, expected to be in a consulting role. Van Gundy has turned down that role.

Van Gundy was 430-318 in 11 seasons as an NBA coach, 182-146 in four seasons with the Rockets. He has a 44-44 postseason record, losing in the first round to the Lakers in 2004, the Mavericks in 2005 and the Jazz this season. Their trip to the 2004 post season was their first since 1999. The Rockets' 52-win season this year was their best since 1996-97

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4816337.html
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #2
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Add Jeff Van Gundy to List of Head Coach Candidates

If Van Gundy chooses to interview with the Bobcats he has to be the favorite for the position. Hes an excellent teacher and has one of the best basketball minds in the game.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:37 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I agree. He's got to be the top candidate anyway now that Mitchell was re-signed.

But I've heard that he wants some family time and that they are happy in Houston, so right now it seems that the odds aren't in our favor to sign him.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #4
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Media Outlets are saying he will most likely end up with Pacers but we will have to see.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:43 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

The Pacers are definitely not the best team to go to right now. They basically got the Warriors crust players, which sucked. They have J. O'Neal who hasn't done much lately. The Pacers will be a lottery team next year.

Speaking of the Pacers, is Rick Carlisle not going to entertain offers to coach?
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:50 PM   #6
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
The Pacers are definitely not the best team to go to right now. They basically got the Warriors crust players, which sucked. They have J. O'Neal who hasn't done much lately. The Pacers will be a lottery team next year.

Speaking of the Pacers, is Rick Carlisle not going to entertain offers to coach?

He has until June 15 to decide if he wants a front office position with the Pacers.

"From here forward I'm going to take some time with the family, see if there are other opportunities and whether those opportunities might suit my situation and vice versa," Carlisle said. "Having the opportunity to keep an affiliation with the team is something that's special and meaningful to me. But I want to make sure it's an appropriate thing before assuming it's going to be something that I'll do and that they'll want me to do. … I'm not going impose myself on this franchise if it's not the right thing. I've been here too long and had too many good experiences to put that in somebody's lap."

--Van Gundy
Old 05-19-2007, 11:56 AM   #7
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

I dont believe Gundy will go spend time with his family. He lives breathes and dies basketball. Hell he got fired from Houston yesterday or two days ago and he hopped on a plane to call the Suns/Spurs game. He would be the best fit available just because he would give our younger players great instruction.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: