Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Will Kevin Durant, Melo, and Dwayne Wade make it in Hall of fame?

How are you comparing a guy who has been in the league for only 6 years with guys who are already veterans???

If you actually want to create a good discussion, bring names who have at least close playing experience, or have achieved almost the same things between each other.

By the way, melo and durant haven't done nothing close to what wade has done, they haven't even won a regular season MVP. Wade is a finals MVP and two time NBA champion.

Not saying they won't win a MVP or a ring, but until they win something, they should not be put in the same sentence as players who have won much more than them.
    Last edited by Frozen1; 05-31-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Why do you say Durant and Melo? They haven't won mvps or rings? Only scoring titles
    Durant's made 4 All-NBA 1st teams, 3 scoring titles, been the best player on a team that's made the Finals, and 4 All-Star teams already...he's 24. MVP's and rings aren't the only things that can get you into the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    But Melo and Durant haven't won those yet. I don't see it happening in the future either.
    You don't see Durant ever winning an MVP? You mean the 24 year old, clear-cut 2nd best player in the league who's already finished 2nd in the MVP voting 3 times because of some guy named LeBron? I'm not saying he'll go one to win 3+ MVP's or anything, but there's a VERY good chance he at least wins one at some point.

His career resume is already better than Carmelo's and I think Carmelo is a future HOFer. And barring injury, there's a better than good chance Durant will be this good or better for another 5 seasons or so.

Wade is a definite yes. I don't even know how that could be questioned.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Durant's made 4 All-NBA 1st teams, 3 scoring titles, been the best player on a team that's made the Finals, and 4 All-Star teams already...he's 24. MVP's and rings aren't the only things that can get you into the HOF.

You don't see Durant ever winning an MVP? You mean the 24 year old, clear-cut 2nd best player in the league who's already finished 2nd in the MVP voting 3 times because of some guy named LeBron? I'm not saying he'll go one to win 3+ MVP's or anything, but there's a VERY good chance he at least wins one at some point.

His career resume is already better than Carmelo's and I think Carmelo is a future HOFer. And barring injury, there's a better than good chance Durant will be this good or better for another 5 seasons or so.

Wade is a definite yes. I don't even know how that could be questioned.
    I already said he might get 1 MVP

It really isn't that hard to make the HOF

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    IMO, anybody that has an MVP or a FMVP is an automatic HOFer.
    Jo Jo White and Cedric Maxwell are the two exceptions I believe (both Finals MVPs) Correct me if I've forgotten someone, but every eligible regular season MVP is in

Durant and Wade will both make it in on the strength of their NBA careers, and as advanced metrics become bigger people will see just how good Wade was in those few prime years.
    Melo is a lock as well but based on it being a basketball hall of fame and not an NBA hall of fame. He was MOP of the NCAA tournament in 2003 and obviously a national champion. He's won 2 gold medals for team USA and in 08 had the best "olympic season" on the team until the championship game.

of course Wade is first ballot, Durant will eventually get in, and as for Melo....he only has a few more years left to prove he is one.

Wade and Durant definitely will, Carmelo most likely will (at least eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    How can Pau not be on this list, and Kidd, and Manu. Nash? Jamison, and Artest might make it.

For young under 30 guys i've got KD, Paul, Howard, Melo, Griffen, Love as guys who will likely make it.
    A big fat no to the two in bold at this point. Someone like Westbrook would be a better guess for guys that young to make the HOF. I'm not saying it's not at least a tiny bit likely they get in, but at this point in their career I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe they'll be deserving of the HOF at some point. I guess they'd be the type of players that hang around on the ballot forever and eventually get in, but right now their careers don't even have a HOF trajectory in my opinion.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    IMO, anybody that has an MVP or a FMVP is an automatic HOFer.

Not that we didn't know this already, but your opinion is worthless. There are already two Finals MVPs that will never make the HOF (Jo Jo White, Cedric Maxwell), another one that most likely won't (Chauncey Billups), and two others on the cusp but probably will (Tony Parker, Paul Pierce). Finals MVP is by no means a lock for the HOF.

The MVP on the other hand, you are correct is a guaranteed lock. No MVP has ever been left out of the HOF. That means Allen Iverson, Steve Nash, and Derrick Rose (yes him) will all be in the HOF.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Wade: lock
    Durant: lock
    Carmelo: hard to tell, if Zo isn't in HOF, Carmelo shouldn't be in either.

I rule the local playground GoSpursGo1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RossTalksSports
    Jo Jo White and Cedric Maxwell are the two exceptions I believe (both Finals MVPs) Correct me if I've forgotten someone, but every eligible regular season MVP is in

Durant and Wade will both make it in on the strength of their NBA careers, and as advanced metrics become bigger people will see just how good Wade was in those few prime years.
    Melo is a lock as well but based on it being a basketball hall of fame and not an NBA hall of fame. He was MOP of the NCAA tournament in 2003 and obviously a national champion. He's won 2 gold medals for team USA and in 08 had the best "olympic season" on the team until the championsh
    Melo does have a good enough college/international career but his NBA career just is not good enough. Just having scoring titles is good enough.

As much as I hate Melo what he did in the 2003 NCAA season will always be remembered by every hardcore college ball fan. He was simply amazing.

All 3 will.

Here's something to consider: every single NBA scoring champion that has been eligible for the Hall of Fame is in.

Why would you include Wade on here? 2 titles and a FMVP. He's easily first-ballot. Go look up Wade Clinic on eof th best highlight vids ever.

Durant will be first-ballot in 2 more years.

Melo i'm not sure.