Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 04-20-2008, 06:56 AM   #1
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

Default Game 1- @Rockets W 93-82

Anyone else watch this game?? I did and it was great, am i the only one who thought that those two KK26 treys were the ones that finished them?? I really though so.

After listening to the press conferences afterwards (the Booze and DWill one) they asked about AK, DWill said ' He was the x-factor coming into the playoffs' god knows why he said that... IMO he wasnt, DWill was. Hes jus playing solid ball atm and no-one can argue.
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
patigree
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Game 1- @Rockets W 93-82

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDeRaDo_64
Anyone else watch this game?? I did and it was great, am i the only one who thought that those two KK26 treys were the ones that finished them?? I really though so.

After listening to the press conferences afterwards (the Booze and DWill one) they asked about AK, DWill said ' He was the x-factor coming into the playoffs' god knows why he said that... IMO he wasnt, DWill was. Hes jus playing solid ball atm and no-one can argue.
omg korver deal might have been the smallest deal but it was definitely the best deal all season
truth is we might beat rockets in 4 playing like that
:)
patigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
Cowhide hits hom
I airball my layups

This was a nice win for the Jazz, Nice to see another player step up for the Jazz in AK. And credit the Jazz for the great defense.
However if I was in Houston I would be soooo angry at all the layups and 3-5 foot shots that were missed. If the Rockets made their shots they would have won.
I think it was a bit of a lucky game for the Jazz. But if they continue to dominate the rebounding they will be fine.
Cowhide hits hom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
Xiao Yao
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
god knows why he said that... IMO he wasnt, DWill was

Because they already expect Deron and Boozer to play big as they did last year. If AK can earn his money he could be the X factor. Facing McGrady than possibly Kobe(or Carmelo) they certainly need him to step it up.

Quote:
korver deal might have been the smallest deal but it was definitely the best deal all season

Too early to say but I'd go with KG.
Xiao Yao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:40 PM   #5
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

Not sure if I was just seeing things but did Memo give somebody a little finger wave & shake of the head during the 3rd 1/4?

He was pumped for sure.

What's up with Korver & the shotblocking!!!
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:48 PM   #6
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao

Too early to say but I'd go with KG.

the KG deal is overplayed, Ray Allen gets 0 credit for helping the Celts, he wasn't there last year either people. celtics gave up depth and youth for KG and im not totally convinced that they wouldn't be around the same team with Jefferson.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #7
rdogg1026
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
the KG deal is overplayed, Ray Allen gets 0 credit for helping the Celts, he wasn't there last year either people. celtics gave up depth and youth for KG and im not totally convinced that they wouldn't be around the same team with Jefferson.

I don't see how the deal is overplayed. KG is going to win DPOY which means he was the best defender in the league. I don't see the Celtics competing well with the West this season if it were not for Garnett. Looking at Jefferson's numbers vs the West is very telling.
rdogg1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:26 AM   #8
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdogg1026
I don't see how the deal is overplayed. KG is going to win DPOY which means he was the best defender in the league. I don't see the Celtics competing well with the West this season if it were not for Garnett. Looking at Jefferson's numbers vs the West is very telling.

Jefferson is the only man on his team. KG has two other superstars, you cant just compare the 2 off stats.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:25 PM   #9
Xiao Yao

Quote:
Ray Allen gets 0 credit for helping the Celts

He gets plenty of credit. People refer to them as the big 3.

Quote:
he wasn't there last year either people

Most of the team is new. Without KG they might have been where the Sixers and Hawks are. With him they have the top record.

Quote:
celtics gave up depth and youth for KG and im not totally convinced that they wouldn't be around the same team with Jefferson

Jefferson isn't the all-around player that KG is. KG does it all. They are winning cuz of D and it all starts with him. He's their heart and soul. They replaced the youth with vets while still keeping some young talent in Rondo/Perkins/Powe/Davis. They have plenty of depth.

Quote:
Jefferson is the only man on his team. KG has two other superstars, you cant just compare the 2 off stats.

You can compare where the celts were last year with Jefferson and all that young depth you mentioned and where they are now with KG.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:59 AM   #10
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

Like I said Ray allen gets no credit. He wasnt there last year. If he was and they had the horrid record with him there then fine KG should get all the credit but he wasn't, they traded for two superstars, yet the other superstar is always forgotten.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #11
Xiao Yao

The other superstar hasn't had as big of an impact. To say he's gotten no credit is wrong though. Celts would have had a great year without Allen. Without KG they would have been fighting for the playoffs.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:05 PM   #12
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao
The other superstar hasn't had as big of an impact. To say he's gotten no credit is wrong though. Celts would have had a great year without Allen. Without KG they would have been fighting for the playoffs.

You can say that but you have no proof. Allen, PP, Jefferson and suddenly they are downright terrible?
Old 04-23-2008, 10:58 PM   #13
Xiao Yao

Quote:
You can say that but you have no proof.

And neither do you.

Quote:
Allen, PP, Jefferson and suddenly they are downright terrible?

Did I say that? I said down with Philly and Atlanta. Boston has won with D. Jefferson would make them a much worse team defensively. Boston was horrible last year. They were never as good when they had Pierce and Walker. Rivers has never won before. Allen and Rashard couldn't win. KG is the X factor.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: