Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K12 cover art to feature Jordan, Bird, Magic

Nice job Psing it.

But Magic and Bird's should've used a different background color.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Shot stick timing is somewhat of an issue sometimes. There have been complaints on different forums/websites that some players have shots that are to difficult to master.
    Nowitzki for instance has a difficult release. If you don't feel it for a game, you'll miss a lot (a lot) of open jumpers. Some people boss with him though. I think they'll fix that a bit though (they read 2k forums/complaints too I presume).
    Dirks shot has never really been right in a game. I remember in 2k7 or so he would seem to go back into the floor when you held the shot too long. Like he would go up...then back to the floor...and bounce into the air and then release it.

But im one of those who can dominate with him. I just cant make open 3s. But ive had 50+ with him more than once once I learned to just play how he does. dont even try to get open. just opst up at the elbow back down till you have a foot in the lane and shoot a fadeaway. Its so reliable from the right side im not even allowed to use the Mavs in games with friends. Dont get too close or shoot from 3 and Dirk is a monster. He will miss post shots all day and wont make open 3s. But from the top of the key to a step inside the line his fadeaway cant miss. I shoot his fadeaway when open because the timing is easier. Best stepback jumper in the game.

Also, I feel that a player like Larry Bird loses his value because his intangibles, court vision, handling, shooting are nullified by his weaknesses - he's slow, bad elevation, shot that is tough to master. He was a monster on 2k5 (bit oldschool, but let me make my point..). He was not the fastest in those games, but he could finish from everywhere, strong around the hoop, didn't dribble into defenders as much to come to an awkward halt.. Easier to use than now.
    Bird can catch fire and be great to play with, but he's not as easy to use as JR Smith, or players like him.. Guys that are fast, can finish up close and can bomb from long range (Shannon Brown, JR Smith, Jason Richardson), are too good in these games (Both on CPU, or when you play with them) They need to balance that out a bit.. somehow. I felt like they had that right in older versions but kinda let it slip at some point.
    Week or so ago I had the 86 Celtics and my friend had the Heat. Bosh pretty much murdered Bird in the first moments of the game with no foul called. I said Bird would score the rest of the points. I think he finished with about 64. And we play HOF. I just didnt shoot any outside shots till eh was hiot. Fadeaways, post game, and transition pullups. The only other person who scored was Dennis Johnson because I hit his point with a crossover and he fell in a heap. I was required by man law to shoot the 3 over the corpse right?

Larry cover looks terrible

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Dirks shot has never really been right in a game. I remember in 2k7 or so he would seem to go back into the floor when you held the shot too long. Like he would go up...then back to the floor...and bounce into the air and then release it.

But im one of those who can dominate with him. I just cant make open 3s. But ive had 50+ with him more than once once I learned to just play how he does. dont even try to get open. just opst up at the elbow back down till you have a foot in the lane and shoot a fadeaway. Its so reliable from the right side im not even allowed to use the Mavs in games with friends. Dont get too close or shoot from 3 and Dirk is a monster. He will miss post shots all day and wont make open 3s. But from the top of the key to a step inside the line his fadeaway cant miss. I shoot his fadeaway when open because the timing is easier. Best stepback jumper in the game.

Week or so ago I had the 86 Celtics and my friend had the Heat. Bosh pretty much murdered Bird in the first moments of the game with no foul called. I said Bird would score the rest of the points. I think he finished with about 64. And we play HOF. I just didnt shoot any outside shots till eh was hiot. Fadeaways, post game, and transition pullups. The only other person who scored was Dennis Johnson because I hit his point with a crossover and he fell in a heap. I was required by man law to shoot the 3 over the corpse right?
    Yeah Larry is a triple double waiting to happen for me in 2K11. It definitely helps to play toward specific strengths (like high post in Dirk's case) as opposed to just general strengths like "shooting".

Haha, I remember those days.

Root Of All Evil

Default Re: Official NBA 2k12 covers revealed: Jordan, Magic and Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    -ness

That's better than LAST year's MJ cover by a country mile.

Hard to imagine MJ has gotten 2x sports game covers and he's been retired for almost 10 years, and LeBron hasn't got one yet.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Yeah Larry is a triple double waiting to happen for me in 2K11. It definitely helps to play toward specific strengths (like high post in Dirk's case) as opposed to just general strengths like "shooting".
    Yea. People will use Ray Allen and take 3s off the dribble as if thats his usual shot these days. Run a quick screen and get a good release he makes the shot like 80% of the time. Dirk doesnt shoot many 3s now. But people keep shooting contested 3s with him. Post up from the elbow. Hes unstoppable. People try to make players fit their style. You gotta use the players as they were designed.

Banned

Yea. People will use Ray Allen and take 3s off the dribble as if thats his usual shot these days. Run a quick screen and get a good release he makes the shot like 80% of the time. Dirk doesnt shoot many 3s now. But people keep shooting contested 3s with him. Post up from the elbow. Hes unstoppable. People try to make players fit their style. You gotta use the players as they were designed.
    Yeah Dirk's release has been off the past few games. They gave him the same release as KG and neither of theirs are correct. They need to fix Kobe's, Steph Curry's Durant's, Ray Allen's, Brandon Roy's, Wesley Matthews', and Deng's. Those are just a few I can think of.

But you are right about how people play. I love having a realistic game. I hate the way people play online, just turbo-ing up the floor and trying to dunk with LeBron or Wade or Rose.

When I play with Kobe, I post up ALOT, shoot jumpers and just like he does in real life, whenever he gets a defensive rebound I bring the ball up with him and shoot. I try to keep things as real as possible.

Cali Love

Larry's and Magic's cover is horrible imo.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

They need to keep retro players out of my games, and especially cover arts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Yeah Dirk's release has been off the past few games. They gave him the same release as KG and neither of theirs are correct. They need to fix Kobe's, Steph Curry's Durant's, Ray Allen's, Brandon Roy's, Wesley Matthews', and Deng's. Those are just a few I can think of.

But you are right about how people play. I love having a realistic game. I hate the way people play online, just turbo-ing up the floor and trying to dunk with LeBron or Wade or Rose.

When I play with Kobe, I post up ALOT, shoot jumpers and just like he does in real life, whenever he gets a defensive rebound I bring the ball up with him and shoot. I try to keep things as real as possible.

I have a friend who's a real big NBA fan, from the Chi, only uses the Bulls in this game. Dude rapes the pro hop with D-Rose. I have another friend, who's from Atlanta born and raised(rare lol) and he is a Wade stan. Dude euro steps and step back with Wade all the time. They abuse the moves in the game. I still win most of the time, but its annoying how they wont play the game like its supposed to be played. I dont mind people pushing the tempo and trying to break the rim everytime down with Wade and Bron, that's not that unrealistic at all, you can always push and then bring back and slow it down. I hate when they disregard the fact that its like a two on four and I'm packing the paint and somehow they find fault with the game and start to complain.

If 2k12 has better defense I'll be on board. It's just incredibly hard to be a great defensive player in 2k games. Now I'm NOT saying that I am not one, because I was in the top 50 in points allowed per game on PS3, but I had to use every trick possible to stop people.I just find it way harder than offense if that makes any sense.
    Last edited by PowerGlove; 07-23-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove

I have a friend who's a real big NBA fan, from the Chi, only uses the Bulls in this game. Dude rapes the pro hop with D-Rose. I have another friend, who's from Atlanta born and raised(rare lol) and he is a Wade stan. Dude euro steps and step back with Wade all the time.
    If 2K would just tune the sliders to be realistic, these clowns would be exposed instantly.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Jordan got the best cover.

I agree with T/S, they should have changed the background color for Bird and Magic....it would be much better.

Local High School Star

I don't like Bird's cover. They shoulda went with his younger years when he had shaggy hair look. That's being kinda picky i guess, but w/e.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove

I have a friend who's a real big NBA fan, from the Chi, only uses the Bulls in this game. Dude rapes the pro hop with D-Rose. I have another friend, who's from Atlanta born and raised(rare lol) and he is a Wade stan. Dude euro steps and step back with Wade all the time. They abuse the moves in the game. I still win most of the time, but its annoying how they wont play the game like its supposed to be played. I dont mind people pushing the tempo and trying to break the rim everytime down with Wade and Bron, that's not that unrealistic at all, you can always push and then bring back and slow it down. I hate when they disregard the fact that its like a two on four and I'm packing the paint and somehow they find fault with the game and start to complain.

If 2k12 has better defense I'll be on board. It's just incredibly hard to be a great defensive player in 2k games. Now I'm NOT saying that I am not one, because I was in the top 50 in points allowed per game on PS3, but I had to use every trick possible to stop people.I just find it way harder than offense if that makes any sense.
    Yeah defense is tricky sometimes because about 95% of the people I've played online play the EXACT same way. Just try to dunk all day with LeBron or Wade. I like to play to my team's strengths and my My Player's strengths.

They need to tone down the effectiveness of turn around jump shots in 2k12. I played against this guy in crew and he literally didn't miss a shot when he did the turn around jumper. He could even shoot out of double teams and still make the shot all of the time. And when the cpu does it, they hardly ever miss either. It doesn't matter who it is. I've even had guys like Kendrick Perkins and Darko Milicic dropping 15+ points on me just from fadeaways alone, no lie. They also shoot out of double teams. I hate when the cpu does that. Shoot out of double teams. Especially in My Player because my teammates almost always miss it when they shoot out of a double team and it's their first instinct to shoot when being doubled for some reason.