Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
yet the Suns risk losing Matrix for nothing at end of season.
yet Matrix is a HUGE salary.
yet Matrix supposedly has chemistry issues with the Suns.
yet Matrix gets owned by Odom in the playoffs.
yet the Suns have NO legit PF (and results are obvious).
I don't know they truth of Suns pursuit of Odom, but it would make a lot of sense.
1. They are better off to let that salary roll off the books than to get a deal they don't like. Chances are very good he will be back because he wants a big payday and there won't be many if any teams with that kind of cap room available.
2. In my opinion, there isn't any chemistry issue, its a spotlight issue, he wants all the publicity. Even if he isn't so happy, he's producing and it isn't affecting his play. The guy is a pro, and gets paid huge $$ he can play unhappy.
3. Thats one matchup and Odom does usually gets the better of him but he doesn't "own" Marrion in the playoffs. Marrion still gets his.
4. Marion is just as legit PF as Odom.
5. If the Suns were so motivated to move him, he would have been moved already.
Of course we could argue these points til we are blue in the face and it won't matter because that trade will never happen lol.
The only way I see Marion getting traded is if he opts out and forces the Suns into a sign and trade deal. Even if that happens the Lakers will not be interested. You heard it here first! lol.