Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 06-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Chat transcript from Kate Fegan (Brand on the table, Mike Bibby, etc.)

Quote:
2:08
[Comment From David]
Are there any trade rumors you have heard involving the 76ers?

2:10
Kate: I know the Sixers have tried to move Dalembert, and I know that Brand is on the table, but right now, neither of those guys are very tradeable. Stefanski said yesterday that the cost of moving up right now is "one of their young guys" (Speights, Young, Williams) and Stefanski believes that price is too steep. So unless the price to move up in this draft comes down, I think the Sixers will stick with 17.

2:12
[Comment From Kerry]
Brand on the table? does that mean Stefanski is admitting his siging was a mistake?

2:13
Kate:
I am not saying anything about Stefanski's mindset, only that a person with knowledge of what players are available on which teams said that Stefanski as put Brand on the table.

2:15
[Comment From chris]
I don't see why we would even consider moving brand.

2:16
Kate:
I don't believe will be moved, only saying that Stefanski is willing to trade him.

Quote:
2:13
[Comment From Lance]
Any truth to the rumor Mike Bibby might become a sixer?

2:14
Kate: I know Mike Bibby has had the idea of becoming a Sixer planted in his head. Obviously he played at AZ, so he has connections with Iguodala, but the latest I've heard is that Atlanta will likely offer him a nice contract to remain with the Hawks.

Quote:
2:18
[Comment From Guest]
which of the role bench guys will be back with the team? Donyell, Theo, Ivey, Rush?

2:19
Kate: Theo Ratliff and Rush will not be back. I think there is a good chance Ivey re-signs. His agent said last week that the opt out doesn't mean Ivey won't negotiate a new deal with the Sixers.

2:20
Kate: Just because Ivey declined his option doesn't mean he won't return to the Sixers.

Kate: Donyell. Maybe.

Quote:
[Comment From rick]
So Kate, what do you feel could be a potential surprise trade, move, or pick with the draft for the Sixers?

2:22
Kate:
I believe the Sixers will stick with the 17th pick, but I wouldn't be shocked if they made a trade involving a younger guy (Williams, perhaps Jason Smith) to move up a few spots and pick up a second round pick. Some mock drafts have Ellington slipping to the second round. So if they could snag a PG and Ellington, that might motivate such a move.

Quote:
2:26
[Comment From johnny wishbone]
Please talk about Andre Miller's status - is he coming back? What are the chances? When will we have an answer?

2:28
Kate: There won't be any answer until free agency opens on July 1. I've spoken with Miller's agent, and he says his client wants to re-sign with the Sixers. I've also heard that he will be looking for his salary to remain in the $10 mill/year range, as it was in his last contract. So that would mean Miller wants a 3 yr/around 30 million deal. A sign-and-trade is real possibility with Miller.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...day_2_pm_.html

Of course none of this really means anything but still an interesting read.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chat transcript from Kate Fegan (Brand on the table, Mike Bibby, etc.)

Very interesting. Just saw Ed Stefanski mention that to move up teams wanted an integral part of thier team that he wasnt willing to part with. Reasons being that doing such a deal to move up a couple spots doesnt make the team better, move them in a forward direction.

I dont know about offering a Lou Williams for a 2nd rounder tho.

And sign and trade possibility involving Andre Miller? I'm for it. $10mil per is not what I'd give Andre. But whatever.

Tomorrow is the day
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chat transcript from Kate Fegan (Brand on the table, Mike Bibby, etc.)

The mention of Lou Williams says to "move up a few spots and pick up a 2nd round pick"...so I'm assuming that would mean something like Lou/17th pick for 13th pick/2nd rounder or something like that. That's the way I understood it.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thats exactly how it was said. Misread. Good catch and yes I wouldnt be opposed to such a deal either. In fact I wish a deal of that nature actually existed.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: