Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'MY CAREER MODE' Discussion

I've been playing my centre alot lately. Rebounding was hard until I raised stats and picked up the scrapper signature skill. Scoring in the post is crazy easy in this years game. I'm averaging 65% field goals, on games I actually play though it'd probably be about 80%, I've had numerous 100% fg games while dropping 20-30 points. I never seem to miss any shots under the basket unless I'm being stupid and taking jumpers or trying to drive. All i need to do is set screens then run under the ring or just stand under the ring calling for passes. I'm only 6"10 too and I hate to think how easy the offence will be when I'm higher rated aswell I'm only around 72 now.

Has anyone been taken out of the starting lineup and put into the bench? At first, I thought it was just Jeff Green being a cry baby, but I think it may have been the bad turnovers I had in my last game. This is the second time it has happened to me.

30 games in and I'm only 71 overall rating. Still haven't worked on my post game and my necessities (Rebounding, interior scoring, athleticism) isn't at great points either.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Has anyone been taken out of the starting lineup and put into the bench? At first, I thought it was just Jeff Green being a cry baby, but I think it may have been the bad turnovers I had in my last game. This is the second time it has happened to me.

30 games in and I'm only 71 overall rating. Still haven't worked on my post game and my necessities (Rebounding, interior scoring, athleticism) isn't at great points either.
    I got benched by coach I accidently did several spin around jumpers with my center and that pissed him off a lot lol!

I'm being frustrated with the Celtics. Rondo's passing is questionable and inaccurate, Bradley and KG aren't the defensive hounds they are supposed to be.

Yep, I got demoted from starter to 6th man when I had a game with 4 turnovers. Coach when off on me like I was doing it on purpose and benched me for the rest of the game (which was about 6 minutes).

i started a 'create a legend' with tristan thompson.

defensive rebounding, and shot blocking is pretty difficult. i play 6 min quarters, and i had a few games where i got killed on the glass, like the opposing big man had 5+ offensive rebounds. its just so tough to bump guys in the paint, and get a body on them.

guys are way too good at passing out of shots too, greg monroe was at the pea of a jump hook, that i would have blocked, but still managed to pass out of it.

scoring is relatively easy though. i got the 'brick wall' skill, so i just nail dudes with screens, and get a couple dunks a game. kyrie is a chucker though.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    i started a 'create a legend' with tristan thompson.

defensive rebounding, and shot blocking is pretty difficult. i play 6 min quarters, and i had a few games where i got killed on the glass, like the opposing big man had 5+ offensive rebounds. its just so tough to bump guys in the paint, and get a body on them.

guys are way too good at passing out of shots too, greg monroe was at the pea of a jump hook, that i would have blocked, but still managed to pass out of it.

scoring is relatively easy though. i got the 'brick wall' skill, so i just nail dudes with screens, and get a couple dunks a game. kyrie is a chucker though.
    I've never been great at rebounding, but it's pretty rough this year. Guys can slip past you if you body them and positioning is really key. You can't just jump and hope to get it anymore.

I really think brick wall is too cheap. If someone runs into a guy with brick wall, the game momentarily becomes a 4 on 5. I remember Pierce, one of the stronger small forwards in the game, got laid out by a brick wall player. I mean, sure people can get absolutely destroyed by a hard screen, but the fact that it can happen quite often is a little ridiculous. The screening system is already flawed as players don't really fight through screens even if they are good defensive players.

Dropped 63 points and had 5 steals, 7 assists and 6 rebounds on OKC and we still lost!

We lost by one and I had the chance to win the game with a buzzer beater (double teamed though) and it rolls around the rim once and doesn't go in. I have closer level 2 so (which is must in my opinion - saving up to get level 3) which worked like a charm but teams defending is nothing short of average though, They gave Durant a wide open shot with 14 seconds left in the game to take the lead (and game)god damn it.

Banned

I've never been great at rebounding, but it's pretty rough this year. Guys can slip past you if you body them and positioning is really key. You can't just jump and hope to get it anymore.

I really think brick wall is too cheap. If someone runs into a guy with brick wall, the game momentarily becomes a 4 on 5. I remember Pierce, one of the stronger small forwards in the game, got laid out by a brick wall player. I mean, sure people can get absolutely destroyed by a hard screen, but the fact that it can happen quite often is a little ridiculous. The screening system is already flawed as players don't really fight through screens even if they are good defensive players.
    Scrapper helps with rebounding but if your boxing out you usually get the board anyway (or a team mate does). I'm yet to see someone get a board against me if i box out correctly.

My shooting guard got the starting spot for the grizz, dropped a 30pt game and a 22pt game. No large turn over numbers. Next game I'm back to 6th man and Tony Allens starting with horrible averages. I think it's a bug.

Portland traded me to Miami, which happens to be my least favorite team.

Decided to stick it out though, and I'm glad I did. I have a much bigger role, as Portland was starting me at the 2 with Lillard running point. Locked down the starting 1 spot almost immediately and I'm putting up close to 15/10/3/3 since then. Got a nice little connection going with LeBron, but Wade never....never passes me the rock.

And right on cue, Spolestra changes the starting lineup. Chalmers/My PG/Ray Allen/LeBron/Haslem. Never used this emoticon before, but

EDIT: Oh, they're both injured. Bruised rib and sprained knee in practice.
    Last edited by code green; 10-23-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Yeah, I went to averaging the most minutes on my team to suddenly back as a 6th man.

Rebounding is easy, imo. Just get vert to 99 and jump at the ball, really.. Like the past few games. Boxing out helps I guess. It's easier to have the cpu box out and you weakside that shit.

The only problem I have with that is my guy having a tendency to hit the balls with his hands and not catch it cleanly. I do that like 5 times a game and you don't get credit for the rebound. Obviously... since it usually hits my guy's hands and then lands in cpu's. I think it's because I still have all the rebounding attributes in the 40s. His hands are in the 70s tho. Thought that would help.

I'm having trouble with dunking in this game.

6-10 SF. Dunk at 85. Shot inside at 90. Standing dunk maxed out at 75. Shoot in traffic maxed at 99 (does that help?). Vert maxed at 99. Stamina maxed at 95. Ball handling maxed at 95.

And he lays everything like a weak shit. Even on fastbreaks he will jump high enough to where his head is at the rim and he lays it up.

I want my damn vc for highlight plays

Gerald Green came back onto the Celtics! Now there are two Greens and there are 4 squared! Too bad Jeff Green is whining, even though he's the second one off the bench. Trying to get Jason Terry traded because he's unhappy too, which is weird because he's always been a 6th man and he's still one. Anyone know how to reverse rating reductions from disgruntled teammates and does anyone know how to get the "I'd like to play more with this player" conversation with the GM? I'm trying to restore minutes to Bass that was given to Rondo.

I'll see if increasing my vert from 76 to mid 80s will help my rebounding woes.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    I'm having trouble with dunking in this game.

6-10 SF. Dunk at 85. Shot inside at 90. Standing dunk maxed out at 75. Shoot in traffic maxed at 99 (does that help?). Vert maxed at 99. Stamina maxed at 95. Ball handling maxed at 95.

And he lays everything like a weak shit. Even on fastbreaks he will jump high enough to where his head is at the rim and he lays it up.

I want my damn vc for highlight plays
    Most likely one of two things.

You have to hold the sprint/turbo button down to dunk.

Have you equipped a dunk package?

So yeah, I've been playing on All-Star I forgot there's still Superstar, which is the difficulty I played last year, before HOF.

First game at Superstar was a 36 point loss to the Knicks but we won vs Indiana the next game. Gordon took over in the 4th quarter with that Closer sig skill I love Eric Gordon in this game. When we need his production, just give him the ball, call an iso play, and let him go to work.