Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Default Re: Post-game discussion of Lakers-Magic NBA Finals Game 3

I'm worried about the haters in ISH. They will probably hang themselves when the Lakers win the title.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

Kobe on the Lakers = instant NBA Finals appearances.

Kobe on another team = yet to be foretold.

Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    I'm worried about the haters in ISH. They will probably hang themselves when the Lakers win the title.
    Ever since the second half of game 2 the Magic have out-scored the Lakers. Courtney Lee makes a simple layup and it's 2-1.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Honestly, Kobe isn't playing at a top-30 alltime level right now in these Finals

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    wait 31 pts 4-9 from behind the arc 8 assists is a "bad game" he makes two of the missed free throws and it's just another night for Kobe. He makes 4 of the 5 missed free throws and the game is still tied
    I'm completely against threads like this, because we all know that Kobe is a great player. But, he was a MAJOR reason the Lakers lost tonight and there is really no way around it.

He missed 13 of his last 17 shots and had several turnovers and HUGE missed free throws down the stretch. He had a really good first quarter and a really horrible final three quarters.

If Kobe is going to get the accolades when he steps up at the end of games, he has to get proportional criticism when he stinks it up down the stretch. Tonight, he stunk it up and I'm sure even the most ardent Lakers fans would agree.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

I think if some Kobe Lovers just admitted Lebron was better there wouldn't be such hate for the guy.

Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noob Saibot
    Kobe on the Lakers = instant NBA Finals appearances.

Kobe on another team = yet to be foretold.
    Funny you put it that way because Gasol came to the Lakers part way through a season and it was an instant Finals appearance that very season.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Bryant chokes in the NBA Finals again

Meh.

It kind'a sucked that Kobe got cold after the 1st quarter.

But, the Lakers need to play better. Magic may continue to play well, but this isn't really a BIG good thing for them. Lakers missed their FTs and Kobe had a bad game, and the game was still close. Magic barely won. They have to continue to play that good.

High School Varsity 6th Man justin43's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Bryant chokes in the NBA Finals again

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    Kobe Bryant missed 13 of his last 17 shots in the game, which means Kobe made 4 of his last 17 shots. If I had a nickel for every time this guy disappeared in key games during his career I would donate that 100,000 dollars to charity. Kobe was a stellar 5-10 from the free throw line!

Build a statue for this guy who's still trying to win his first championship as the leader of a team at the age of 30 years old....

cha cha cha choke

Like Mike, if he could be like Mike....

Shame on you. Really, this is just classless. Kobe did choke today and had a key turnover that end the Lakers hopes of winning.

However, show some class. It is posts like this that cause Laker fans to call you a troll.

Anyway, great game, Magic. True Magic fans should be very proud of their team for their performance.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    They just won't acknowledge it like they did when Boston pounded LA by 40. Like a child in the room screaming, and no one looks up. That will be the what everyone will do if LA wins, ignore it.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    Ever since the second half of game 2 the Magic have out-scored the Lakers. Courtney Lee makes a simple layup and it's 2-1.
    You do realize that the Magic played as good as they possibly can and shot lights out and along with that Kobe went cold, and they STILL only won by 4 points. Lakers are going to come out hungry in Game 4. We take that, it's 3-1 like on your poster boy in the ECF

Local High School Star hwliuLAP's Avatar

Default Re: Honestly, Kobe isn't playing at a top-30 alltime level right now in these Finals

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    he stunk it up and I'm sure even the most ardent Lakers fans would agree.

Agreed.

It wasn't even poor decisions per say, but just poor ball handling and sloppy passes whenever he got into the lane that turned into a turnover instead of an easy hoop.

A lot of balls bounced the other way and he was the main reason for it.

Magic go back to L.A. leading 3-2.They will not lose at home.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    They just won't acknowledge it like they did when Boston pounded LA by 40. Like a child in the room screaming, and no one looks up. That will be the what everyone will do if LA wins, ignore it.
    Too bad Portland will never win a title with a jumpshooting PF and a bust for a Center who makes Dwight Howard look like Hakeem in the post

National High School Star

Default Why can't NBATV air the entire press conference during the NBA Finals?

Has anyone noticed ESPN shows entire post game conference now but not NBATV like they did during the entire playoffs.

Lakers lose. Happy birthday to me!