Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Da Mavs

Default Re: Knicks sign-and-trading David Lee to Warriors, 5yrs $65 mil

I like this trade for both teams...does NY play Randolph at the 4 and Amare at the 5?

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Default Re: David Lee to GSW @ 5yrs $65 mil

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Well, are you correct now or not? Because he's getting 80 million, it appears.

So which of your predictions are you claiming? The 13 million a year or the "as much, if not more"?
    At first, it was assumed Boozer would be getting 12-13m, hence I said "DLee is going to be getting just as much, if not more", as I assumed he'd be getting 12-13m to begin with.

That's what I was right about. But since later, Boozer was reported to be getting 16m. . .obviously I wouldn't have expected Lee to get THAT kinda money, just the 12-13. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    All I have to go on is what you're posted here in this thread. I don't see any perfect predictions. If you said that, great. I don't see it, though. So, based the post I quoted from you, you were wrong.

Players making 3 million or less
    Glen Davis
    Jamario Moon
    Anthony Parker
    Leon Powe
    J.J. Barea
    Chris Wilcox
    Anthony Morrow
    Kelenna Azubuike
    Chuck Hayes
    Luis Scola
    Dahntay Jones
    Solomon Jones
    Ersan Ilyasova
    Thabo Sefolosha
    Matt Barnes
    Grant Hill
    Carl Landry
    Ronnie Price
    Wes Matthews
    Andray Blatche

None of those guys are on rookie deals. I made sure not to use those players. A few guys might make a shade over 3 mill. And don't come in here nit picking about who isn't a good role player on the list. My point is simply that for 3 million a year, you can get a good role player. Yes, some role players make more. That isn't my point. My point is that you're trying to down play 15 million dollars over 5 years like it's nothing. It's not.

"That's what I thought." Who do you think are? Seriously. Give me a break, kid.

Every good player on that list will be getting far more than 3m a year. The only reason they were getting sub 3m is because they have only been in the league for 1-3 years before they signed their deals that have expired recenty. Everyone good on there will be getting 5-6m. Some of them will be getting the same or less, but they're lesser players.

In the end, you're bemoaning the signing of Boozer being "worse" than the signing of Lee. However, Boozer is a better PF. the production he brings is more valuble than having an extra bench guy that is not really needed for the Bulls. They already have not only enough players, but a good bench, and another 18-19 million in cap space left anyway. Another 3m and a lesser PF is not at all a better situation.

Local High School Star

jj reddick, we need a shooter

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Only downside is Turiaf's contract extends to next year.

Here we go again........

I like because we get rid of Ronny Turiaf?
    Turiaf should be easy to unload. He's making around 4 mill.

Did it occur that it got stickied?

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

i can't believe he only got $65 million. where has this guy's agent been?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    At first, it was assumed Boozer would be getting 12-13m, hence I said "DLee is going to be getting just as much, if not more", as I assumed he'd be getting 12-13m to begin with.

That's what I was right about. But since later, Boozer was reported to be getting 16m. . .obviously I wouldn't have expected Lee to get THAT kinda money, just the 12-13. ^_^

Every good player on that list will be getting far more than 3m a year. The only reason they were getting sub 3m is because they have only been in the league for 1-3 years before they signed their deals that have expired recenty. Everyone good on there will be getting 5-6m. Some of them will be getting the same or less, but they're lesser players.

In the end, you're bemoaning the signing of Boozer being "worse" than the signing of Lee. However, Boozer is a better PF. the production he brings is more valuble than having an extra bench guy that is not really needed for the Bulls. They already have not only enough players, but a good bench, and another 18-19 million in cap space left anyway. Another 3m and a lesser PF is not at all a better situation.
    I've noticed you really like the word "bemoaning".

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]Lee got 6 years 80 mill.

I hope the Knicks not only get those 3 but I want CJ Watson and Wright as well.

There is no need to dump Turiaf he is a keeper. The Knicks team is looking sexy right now if they get CJ and Wright as well.

As mentioned by Knickballer in the Knicks forum JJ Reddick is the next must add!

[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Rameek; 07-08-2010 at 10:54 PM.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Knicks also got the Jerome Jordan from the Bucks for cash considerations man the Knicks team is looking better and better!

Melo 2011!
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]The Knicks also got the Jerome Jordan from the Bucks for cash considerations man the Knicks team is looking better and better!

Melo 2011!
    [/COLOR]
    You're overreacting to a second rounder here. Rautins and Jordan have a shot at being in the rotation, but Rautins will be the only one that can make an impact with his 3-point shooting.

Anthony Randolph will make this team better, but the other guys coming in from GS are just role players (which ALWAYS help out teams, but they need more than role players).

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

the great danton never plays more than 8 guys anyway

So what position does Randolph play? Dude is so skinny.

Amare C
    Gallinari PF
    Randolph SF
    Chandler SG
    Douglas PG

I think the Knicks are gonna make a move for Ridnour.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    I've noticed you really like the word "bemoaning".
    I think I've only used it 3 times ever on this forum, but true enough. . .I do like to mix it up and use different than usual words when I post. ^_^

DaniloGallinari
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    So what position does Randolph play? Dude is so skinny.

Amare C
    Gallinari PF
    Randolph SF
    Chandler SG
    Douglas PG

I think the Knicks are gonna make a move for Ridnour.
    Word is out that Randolph has grown and is around 7 feet now, and over 235 lbs.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    You're overreacting to a second rounder here. Rautins and Jordan have a shot at being in the rotation, but Rautins will be the only one that can make an impact with his 3-point shooting.

Anthony Randolph will make this team better, but the other guys coming in from GS are just role players (which ALWAYS help out teams, but they need more than role players).
    [COLOR="Navy"]I wasnt reacting to Jerome Jordan I am reacting to the possiblity that the Knicks with this Lee trade acquired some good young players...

Hopefully the others will be these guys CJ Watson (PG/SG), Brandon Wright (F), Radmonivic (expirer)

Kaz (SG/SF), Randolph (F), Turiaf (C/PF)... all good players with potential.

Rautins (SG), Landry (SF), Jordan (C) 2d rounders who knows but depth

Toney Douglas (PG/SG), Chandler (SG/SF), Walker (SG/SF), Gallo (F), Amare (C/PF)

This overall picture is what makes me excited and the Knicks are still in play for Summer 2011. [/COLOR]