Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far
Default What about.....

JO for T-Mac Straight up?

Houston has no size outside of Yao...

& we need a player who can creat his own shot...

The only Question is would T-Mac want to come back here...

Both are very injury prone but Stats wize and contract wise they are very equal what do you guys think?
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: What about.....

I thought about this myself earlier but I think that Houston is fine with Scola, Landry and Hayes.

Also I can't trade J.O. without getting a shot blocking, rebounding, defensive minded center.

If we can get a Joel Pryzbilla type for say Kapono or something then I'd consider J.O. for T-Mac. But otherwise it's not worth it.

Last edited by Dr.Funk : 01-05-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would say Dalembert if it wasn't for his oversized contract.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

I'm pretty sure I'd snap Houston's hand off if I were Raps GM and that deal was offered.
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:54 AM   #5
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

I'm still up for trading JO for Marbury and Robinson. Everyone always disagrees but Steph's contract expires after this season if it doesn't work out and we get another young guard capable of scoring. We need to get rid of JO's contract or we will be mediocre 2009-2010. Book it. His 23M for next season takes up nearly half of the team's payroll and really handcuffs a GM. I'm not up for trading for T-Mac because 1) He probably wouldn't play here and 2) His contract extends past this season.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The stupid part of the JO signing was that Colangelo believed that Bargnani would be able to successfully play the 3 while JO manned the 5 and Bosh at the 4. And then he has the nerve to complain about Bargs not getting consistent minutes at one position? In the summer he was talking about Bargnani playing the 3, and now he's saying that Bargnani will be a successful 5. What's he gonna do next, fire Triano and become head coach like Pat Riley?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #7
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Fact is both of these guys are overpaid.

McGrady at best like JO would be a short-term fix. McGrady is just as or more injury prone than JO. Like I stated in another post JO is not here to lead them to a title. One of the reasons why he was brought here was for cap relief for 2010. What has McGrady done in the playoffs? I believe he has yet to win a playoff series.

He is closer to the end of his career than beginning.

He can put a team on his back (ironically which is one of his cronic injury problems) for short periods but he is inconsistent in the playoffs. And injuries may be the major factor or it could be his drive and desire. Hard to believe he is related to Carter.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #8
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I'm still up for trading JO for Marbury and Robinson. Everyone always disagrees but Steph's contract expires after this season if it doesn't work out and we get another young guard capable of scoring. We need to get rid of JO's contract or we will be mediocre 2009-2010. Book it. His 23M for next season takes up nearly half of the team's payroll and really handcuffs a GM. I'm not up for trading for T-Mac because 1) He probably wouldn't play here and 2) His contract extends past this season.

I can undertand your reasoning with regards to Marbury's expiring contract. But I don't see the Knicks taking on an extra +$20mil for next season as well on a player who is on the downside of his career and does not well into D'Antoni's philosophy. And if Marbury is such a cancer then even for a half season how will that affect the Raptors' lockerroom?
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #9
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppcap
I can undertand your reasoning with regards to Marbury's expiring contract. But I don't see the Knicks taking on an extra +$20mil for next season as well on a player who is on the downside of his career and does not well into D'Antoni's philosophy. And if Marbury is such a cancer then even for a half season how will that affect the Raptors' lockerroom?

I really don't think Marbury is as much of a cancer as people make him out to be. He has still be practicing and keeping in shape, it's just that he wore out his welcome with the Knicks and the two parties do not like each other at all. JO's contract expires in 2010 and a 23M expirer is something I think Walsh would like to acquire. Have Marbury start at SG and see how the second half of the season goes. If it doesn't go well, then he can leave and we have loads of cap room this summer to add some quality pieces around Bosh for once and add some talent and depth to our squad.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #10
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I really don't think Marbury is as much of a cancer as people make him out to be. He has still be practicing and keeping in shape, it's just that he wore out his welcome with the Knicks and the two parties do not like each other at all. JO's contract expires in 2010 and a 23M expirer is something I think Walsh would like to acquire. Have Marbury start at SG and see how the second half of the season goes. If it doesn't go well, then he can leave and we have loads of cap room this summer to add some quality pieces around Bosh for once and add some talent and depth to our squad.

i'd have to agree. I mean he can probaly still play with the best of him and the last time he played everyone was a cancer on the team including the coach.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: