Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 12-12-2006, 06:13 PM   #1
Pre777
I airball my layups

Pre777 has an OK reputation so far
Default Jazz involvement in Iverson Trade

Hey, the Jazz do have a major hole to fill at the 2 guard spot. If Minnesota is so interested in AI, how about a three way trade with Trenton Hassell coming to Utah.

What do you all think? Who could the Jazz afford to give up?
Pre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:41 AM   #2
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

I'm surprised nobody's come out and said, "Hey! why don't WE go after Iverson!!" I'm gonna guess a few of the reasons why no one's even thought of it...

- He shoots more than the entire Jazz team combined every night.

- Sloan would make him take off his headband, leg warmers, corn rows, gold teeth and other useless jewelry, and his face if he could.

- Iverson's image would mesh about as well in Utah as Chris Rock in Israel.

On the other hand...

- Jazz need a 2 guard like a hand needs a thumb.

- Iverson would likely attend practices because what's his other option? Attend Hale Center Theater for an early morning rendition of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat?

- He plays with heart and passion, something that we Utahns pride in our players.

Iverson turned down the Bobcats cuz he wants to win. It's up to him how many sacrifices he's willing to make to win, including, if not especially, sharing the ball with the team. Cuz on the Jazz, he'd win.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:27 AM   #3
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

I'm not too excited about either of them. Team chemistry's too good atm to ruin it.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:00 AM   #4
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

I don't think there is anyone from this Jazz team that I would like to see traded........I like the starters & I like the BENCH players......
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:57 AM   #5
hardfoul
I brick open layups

hardfoul has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowblok
I don't think there is anyone from this Jazz team that I would like to see traded........I like the starters & I like the BENCH players......

I'd like to see how the current roster cooks out a little. I hope they keep the roster the same through the year. I can see Giracheck getting shopped, but with another potential achillies injury, I don't know what you'd get for him. A draft pick?
hardfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #6
filipynt
Can barely lace up my sneakers

filipynt has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfoul
I'd like to see how the current roster cooks out a little. I hope they keep the roster the same through the year. I can see Giracheck getting shopped, but with another potential achillies injury, I don't know what you'd get for him. A draft pick?

I'd rather have a draft pick. Giricek is a decent player, but he'll never be the type of player that is able to get out and stay out of Sloan's doghouse. Every year we go through this with Giricek. He's up and playing well, then he has a few bad games, and he's in the doghouse, or he gets injured and he's in the doghouse. It's never going to work out. I say trade him and cut our losses. At this point I don't really care who we get in return. We've got enough talent and depth at the 2-guard position that we don't need him.
filipynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:56 PM   #7
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

Gira's achilles' are gonna bother him the rest of his life... I been saying that for over a year now. It's really too bad the Jazz didn't trade him while he still had some value. Although you have to wonder about a guy who's been traded as much as he has already...
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:13 PM   #8
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

Just like that Giricek has a decent game.......Maybe he can get a groove going and boost his trade value....
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:57 AM   #9
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

AI to Jazz = terrorism

and besides giving up Boozer of AK47. there's no one else to match his salary... Okur maybe but it's gonna be difficult///
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:19 PM   #10
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Nope, the Jazz are not going to get Iverson. Iverson's not a Jazz guy, and especially not while they're already winning.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:55 AM   #11
Pre777
I airball my layups

Pre777 has an OK reputation so far

It's obvious that Iverson is not a good fit in Utah and not even worth discussing. What I am talking about is the Jazz's involvement in a THREE WAY TRADE... In that case Iverson would NOT BE COMING TO UTAH.

Who can we trade and who do we want?
Pre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:38 PM   #12
hardfoul
I brick open layups

hardfoul has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre777
It's obvious that Iverson is not a good fit in Utah and not even worth discussing. What I am talking about is the Jazz's involvement in a THREE WAY TRADE... In that case Iverson would NOT BE COMING TO UTAH.

Who can we trade and who do we want?

I think we either move Gira or nobody. Sometimes the best trade is the one you don't make. Seems like there's too much chemistry with this group to mess with it much.
hardfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: