Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 03-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #1
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default anyone hear the dickie vitale radio leak?

he said that billy donovan said horford was much much better than noah and that noah will never make it in the NBA. it happened when dicky didnt know he was on air and then the put him on and recorded him talking to someone else, donovan and v said it was suppose to be kept a secret, i guess dukie V couldnt keep it a secret. WOW
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:40 PM   #2
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: anyone hear the dickie vitale radio leak?

I agree that Horford is better than Noah.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:17 PM   #3
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
he said that billy donovan said horford was much much better than noah and that noah will never make it in the NBA. it happened when dicky didnt know he was on air and then the put him on and recorded him talking to someone else, donovan and v said it was suppose to be kept a secret, i guess dukie V couldnt keep it a secret. WOW
This happened back in February and you've got some of the details wrong.

Vitale claimed Florida basketball coach Billy Donovan told him in confidence NBA scouts were making a mistake if they drafted Joakim Noah ahead of Al Horford, not that Noah will never make it in the NBA.

When confronted about it, Vitale said he was just kidding. When Donovan was asked about it in a press conference he said: "I'm not going to comment on something I didn't say."

Now I agree with the assertion that Horford should be rated higher than Noah, especially after this season, but don't take the word of a guy like Vitale who makes his living by running his mouth.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:34 PM   #4
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Thumbs up Re: anyone hear the dickie vitale radio leak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
This happened back in February and you've got some of the details wrong.

Vitale claimed Florida basketball coach Billy Donovan told him in confidence NBA scouts were making a mistake if they drafted Joakim Noah ahead of Al Horford, not that Noah will never make it in the NBA.

When confronted about it, Vitale said he was just kidding. When Donovan was asked about it in a press conference he said: "I'm not going to comment on something I didn't say."

Now I agree with the assertion that Horford should be rated higher than Noah, especially after this season, but don't take the word of a guy like Vitale who makes his living by running his mouth.
true
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:24 AM   #5
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Vitale's Hooters commercial has been one of the highlights of the tournament.

"Hooters and basketball, it's a natural!" is my favorite line. I especially find the fact that he never looked down once as very funny.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: