Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: If Cavs finish with 67-68 wins but fail to win the title..

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    Cavs record against the 5 best defensive teams in the league according to defensive ratings :

Boston : 1-2
    Orlando : 1-1
    San Antonio : 1-0
    Houston : 1-1

Total : 4-4

Cleveland is the other one in top 5, if you count No.6 (the Lakers), they're 4-6.
    If you use points against as a gauge, the other Top 5 teams are Boston, SA, NO, Houston, and Detroit. The Lakers are 17th on that list. Either way, it is pretty clear that this person is full of sh!t.

If the cavs don't make it past the 2nd round it's considered a choke

Kobe is the assassin KobeRules24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    If you use points against as a gauge, the other Top 5 teams are Boston, SA, NO, Houston, and Detroit. The Lakers are 17th on that list. Either way, it is pretty clear that this person is full of sh!t.
    So the cavs are 4-6 against the top 6 defensive rated teams of the league. OMG my bad i said they were 3-6, that's a great improvement they are 4-6!!!! wow congratulations you're the only one that's completely full of **** here.
    Last edited by KobeRules24; 03-25-2009 at 05:01 PM.

Point allowed per game is a deceiving stat, it doesn't account for pace. The Lakers are a high pace team so of course they allow more points.

Maybe his definition of defensive teams were best opposing team FG% ?

Boston : 1-2
    Orlando : 1-1
    Denver : 2-0
    Houston : 1-1
    Hornets : 1-1

Total : 6-5.

Well, guess not. Yeah, he's full of sh!t

Quote Originally Posted by KobeRules24
    So the cavs are 4-6 against the top 5 defensive teams of the league. OMG my bad i said they were 3-6, that's a great improvement they are 4-6!!!! wow congratulations you're the only one that's completely full of **** here.
    4-6 with 2 home games and 1 away game left to play against those teams. And with the way we've been playing at home, we could very well be 7-6 or 6-7 at the end of the season. Playing .500 ball against the other elite teams in the league is nothing to be ashamed of.
    Last edited by Mikaiel; 03-25-2009 at 05:08 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

So the cavs are 4-6 against the top 6 defensive rated teams of the league. OMG my bad i said they were 3-6, that's a great improvement they are 4-6!!!! wow congratulations you're the only one that's completely full of **** here.
    Too bad you needed a fellow Cavalier fan to come in this thread and make your argument for you, being that you are incapable of intellectual discussion. Either way, your numbers were wrong.

...and, yes... When you are talking about a sample size of just 10 games, one win does make for a 'great improvement.'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    at those who think Cavs are getting out of the second round. What in Lebron's recent playoff history suggests that he will show up this time?

Cavs are the best team at beating teams they are supposed to beat (lottery, borderline/low seeded playoff teams), no realistic fan expects them to win against a healthy Magic or Celtics.
    Agreed.

Too bad you needed a fellow Cavalier fan to come in this thread and make your argument for you, being that you are incapable of intellectual discussion. Either way, your numbers were wrong.

...and, yes... When you are talking about a sample size of just 10 games, one win does make for a 'great improvement.'
    They are still under .500 against great teams, you fail again. good luck beating the celtics or lakers in a 7 game series.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Will people considering this a choke? I don't see how..alot of people are saying the Lakers will beat them in the finals if they were to meet...Lakers may well finish with close to the amount of wins as the Cavs but to win 67-68 wins and not win the title? would you see this as a failure even though alot here don't think the Cavs can beat L.A?
    If people dislike the Cavaliers or dislike LeBron James they will say it's a choke. These are probably the same people who laughed at people saying they were going to be a 60+ winning team at the beginning of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Only 2 teams who have won 65 games or more in the regular season have failed to win the title. One being the 1973 Celtics in the ECF in 7 games to the Knicks and the other one being the 2007 Mavs. In the Mavs case it was a choke the Celtics on the other hand lost to a great Knicks team while they were missing Hondo I believe. With the possibility of 4 teams finishing with 60+ wins this season I don't necessarily believe it will be considered a choke if the Cavs or LA lose to the Celtics, Magic or the Spurs. However it depends on the way you lose if they were to lose in the 1st round or get swept in any round that would be considered a choke job.

Good Post!

I agree 100%

A lot of people forget Havlicek injured his shoulder during the Eastern Conference Final. We will never know, but it is widely believed that the Celtics probably would have won the NBA title that year if "Hondo" had been available.

It makes what happened to the Mavericks even more incredible. And it really shines a bad light on Dirk Norwitzki. Especially considering that unlike the 1973 Knicks, the Mavericks lost to a great player (Wade) but hardly a great team (2005 Heat).

I think this year could be an exception to the "67-68 regular season win stat."

Despite the potential impressive Cavs win total, I don't think it's a choke job if they lose to the Celtics or Lakers and failed to win a title.

In fact I think they will lose the Celtics in the ECF. But it still has to be considered a successful season for them.

There would probably be 18 Championshp banners in Boston if "Hondo" had been healthy for the 1973 Eastern Conference finals

Was Nowitzki on the wrong side of one of the greatest upset in NBA Finals history?

owwwww

The Cavs are actually 6-5 against the other five best defensive teams in the league (according to the numbers).

Boston
    L 90-85
    W 98-83
    L 105-94

San Antonio
    W 97-86

New Orleans
    L 104-92
    W 92-78

Houston
    W 99-90
    L 93-74

Detroit
    L 96-89
    W 90-80
    W 99-78

Do you just make up random numbers that you pull out of your @ss? Aren't there enough Kobe threads to occupy your attention on this board?
    LOL at a sub .500 Detroit team, Spurs without Duncan/Ginobili being used to beef up the record.

They are 3-6 against the Lakers, Celtics, Rockets and Magic; the four teams with the best record outside of Cavs. If you want to include the petty win against the Spurs, fine, they are 4-6 which is still pretty miserable for a championship or bust type of team. It's a shame they face a series of lottery bound teams (in the west) for the first two rounds, which really shows making the ECF isn't much of an accomplishment at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    LOL at a sub .500 Detroit team, Spurs without Duncan/Ginobili being used to beef up the record.

They are 3-6 against the Lakers, Celtics, Rockets and Magic; the four teams with the best record outside of Cavs. If you want to include the petty win against the Spurs, fine, they are 4-6 which is still pretty miserable for a championship or bust type of team. It's a shame they face a series of lottery bound teams (in the west) for the first two rounds, which really shows making the ECF isn't much of an accomplishment at all.
    Oh so now you are changing the criteria? So it went from best defensive to best? Wow you Kobe fans are stupid. Guess what the Lakers have a worse record than the Cavs. I bet that just rubs the sand all through your ****** wrong doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Oh so now you are changing the criteria? So it went from best defensive to best? Wow you Kobe fans are stupid. Guess what the Lakers have a worse record than the Cavs. I bet that just rubs the sand all through your ****** wrong doesn't it?
    no, it doesn't. lakers are a better team and that is easy to prove, better record against the best teams. The cavs hopes for a title will be broken, they're not good enough to compete with the lakers.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

In my opinion

Lakers 25%
    Cavs 25%
    Celtics 20%
    Spurs 18%
    Magic 10%
    Everyone else 2%

no, it doesn't. lakers are a better team and that is easy to prove, better record against the best teams. The cavs hopes for a title will be broken, they're not good enough to compete with the lakers.
    There is no guarantee that the Lakers or Cavs make the finals. If James gets hurt then the Cavs will not, and if Pau gets hurt then the Lakers will not either. Just hope for good health and hope that your team can beat the Cavs. Because there is not guarantee.

And I can prove that the cavs are a better team. Who has more wins?