Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
aem
I hit open 5-footers

aem has an OK reputation so far
Default Article: Rose Developing A 3-Point Shot?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=5021829
aem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Article: Rose Developing A 3-Point Shot?

If his three point shooting improves to a respectable stature he'll be one of the best guards in the game.

I can't wait to see what moves we make to compliment him out there.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ESPN is 2 weeks late on news, yet again!
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #4
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Rose needs to develop his three point shot if he wants to continue to improve as a player. I'm glad he's doing it now in a season that really doesn't matter, aside from player development. I want to see him take at least three a game from here on out. He certainly gets the open looks.

Imagine how much it would open up his driving game if he becomes known to sink some three's? I like it and I support it.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #5
burnsy87
Local High School Star

burnsy87 is considered somewhat coolburnsy87 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
ESPN is 2 weeks late on news, yet again!

2 weeks late? Considering he was injured for most of the 2 weeks prior to this article, what you said makes no sense.

It's been the last 2 games that he has really started shooting these 3's and hitting them consistently.
burnsy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
Mike~Mike
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Mike~Mike has an OK reputation so far

D Rose consistently hitting 3 pointers/ jump shots +moves he already has now= untouchabull

Last edited by Mike~Mike : 03-23-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Mike~Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #7
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy87
2 weeks late? Considering he was injured for most of the 2 weeks prior to this article, what you said makes no sense.

It's been the last 2 games that he has really started shooting these 3's and hitting them consistently.

There was a segment on CLTV about Bulls in the Berto Center close to 3 weeks ago, about Rose's shot development. Rose said he was working on his 3 point shot, which also helped him with mid-ranges ect. Taj was also getting coached on his 3pt shooting, and he wasn't doing bad at all.

Vinny said that Rose's primary focus for the next month will be his 3 point shot and reversing picks for other 3 point shooters to have good looks. It was a 5-6 minute segment, and I thought it wasn't significant, but the story from ESPN added nothing new, other than Rose taking those shots lately.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #8
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
There was a segment on CLTV about Bulls in the Berto Center close to 3 weeks ago, about Rose's shot development. Rose said he was working on his 3 point shot, which also helped him with mid-ranges ect. Taj was also getting coached on his 3pt shooting, and he wasn't doing bad at all.

Vinny said that Rose's primary focus for the next month will be his 3 point shot and reversing picks for other 3 point shooters to have good looks. It was a 5-6 minute segment, and I thought it wasn't significant, but the story from ESPN added nothing new, other than Rose taking those shots lately.

Taj working on a 3-point shot??? Say what?
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:10 AM   #9
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
Taj working on a 3-point shot??? Say what?

I know right. But it's not just about stretching the teams ability to spread the court, but also to polish up technique, range and develop players. Once we see Taj heat-checking two or three 3-pointers in a game, we'll know more LOL.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:49 AM   #10
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

I want to see Taj let a 3 fly against Miami. I think it would be awesome to see him drain one. Great idea to have him and Rose work on their 3 point shooting.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:43 PM   #11
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

3-point shooting is something that is absolutely essential in order for this team to be successful. We did decent this season without it, but imagine if we could add that weapon to our arsenal. We would be that much more dangerous. This current roster completely healthy is the fifth seed in the East in my opinion. Add to that some reliable 3-point shooting, some improved defense, and an all-star to pair with DRose and we have ourselves a contender. Yes I know it's all easier said than done, but I don't think we are too far away from it. It's definately something we can and should achieve in the near future. With us molding our offense around DRose's strengths then we need to find 3-point shooters to have around him with he drives into the lane and guys sag down to help. We have to be able to punish defenses that committ guys into the lane to try and stop Rose. He will get shooters open looks we just need to have guys out there that can shoot from range consistently. And then for Rose from a personal playing standpoint would benefit a great deal by extending his range. Defenders give him space because they know he will beat them off the dribble. If he can develop a consistent 3-point shot and take advantage of that space he is given he will practically be unguardable. Would turn himself into the top scoring pg in the league. And with some 3 point shooters and another all star to help him out with getting Wins and more assists and such... DRose will be in the TOP 3 of pgs in the NBA.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #12
burnsy87
Local High School Star

burnsy87 is considered somewhat coolburnsy87 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Interesting. Well, can't really blame ESPN. I'm surprised they even took notice to Rose's new found range.

Sounds like a good segment though. I would rather have Taj working on his elbow shot rather than a 3 pointer, though.
burnsy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #13
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy87
Interesting. Well, can't really blame ESPN. I'm surprised they even took notice to Rose's new found range.

Sounds like a good segment though. I would rather have Taj working on his elbow shot rather than a 3 pointer, though.

Taj seems like a hardworker all around. I don't think he will stop working on other aspects of his game just because he's trying to work on shooting from the 3-point line. I can't wait to see how he comes into next season. Hopefully his foot heals significantly and he can get alot of work done in the weight room. He needs to get bigger and stronger while still maintaining his current speed and agility. Hard work but something I think he's capable of. That will automatically make him better. That in turn with polishing up some of his moves and working on the jumper and we have ourselves a significant improvement. Him and Noah should hit the weight room together in the off-season.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #14
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

If anything, I am really happy that they are working with players on FUNDAMENTALS. At the start of the season, our FG% was so bad, that I really did not understand how we were actually winning the few games that we did. Right around the 2nd big road trip, we started posting close to 60% FG games, and since then we have really improved. I think our shooting coaches deserve some credit for the mid-season turn-around on the basics.

I'm sure any player can shoot 3's on this team, but that doesn't mean they are good at it. If the players and coaches develope some guys into Channing Frye type players, we'll really see a complete team here. Taj has worked so hard this season, he has been a great example of what we can see next year from him. If he keeps this up, Taj will be this leagues next Gerald Wallace in heart, but perform like Scottie Pippen. But in order to do that, we need to reward him, and not alienate him by bringing in a max FA at the 4 spot. Money spent in better ways, although I could agree on David Lee, and allow the F/C swing on 2 of 3 starters to maximize depth and matchup favors.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: