Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-24-2006, 07:53 PM   #16
meklet
Saw a basketball once

Default last comment on Salmons

What's really ironic is that Chad Ford on ESPN insider says that Phoenix really wanted Salmons and was targetting him to complete their picture. He was pretty much guaranteed a chance to play in the playoffs next year. Now he's available but Phoenix signed Banks in the meantime who Ford says isn't nearly as good a fit and is totally being overpaid. No way Salmons gets $22 - $23 mil from any other team - not this year anyway. Makes him look pretty foolish.
meklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:02 PM   #17
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Apparently Salmons is headed to the Kings. I haven no idea of what the numbers will look like though.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:54 PM   #18
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Apparently Salmons is headed to the Kings. I haven no idea of what the numbers will look like though.

It is supposedly for the full Mid Level Exception which is around 5 years, 30 million dollars if I recall what I heard correctly. I am very surprised at the cash being tossed at Salmons, I hope he gives the agent a nice bonus for working those contract details. To get around 30 million dollars for being a player who is very unproven is a sweet deal, wish I was 6'8, could jump and shoot a basketball.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 08:56 PM   #19
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
It is supposedly for the full Mid Level Exception which is around 5 years, 30 million dollars if I recall what I heard correctly. I am very surprised at the cash being tossed at Salmons, I hope he gives the agent a nice bonus for working those contract details. To get around 30 million dollars for being a player who is very unproven is a sweet deal, wish I was 6'8, could jump and shoot a basketball.

Salmons is 6'5'' and can barely shoot.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: