Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Ben Gordon's minutes when Richard Hamilton returns

Still unsure of how the Pistons will get the most out of Richard Hamilton and Ben Gordon, with both guys needing real minutes

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5051
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar

Default Re: When Richard Hamilton returns, position clash with Ben Gordon looms

Small ball lineup
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: When Richard Hamilton returns, position clash with Ben Gordon looms

as onemoresucka points out, a lot of the sf minutes will be taken by rip (especially since tay is gone). even now they are running stuckey out at the 3 a fair amount with bynum and gordon. I wouldnt be surprised to see Q start all 3 (or gordon first sub in for either wing position). Im not too worried about it, especially since Q has shown that he's willing to run out a variety of non-traditional lineups.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #4
Apocalyptic0n3
The End Is Near

Default Re: Ben Gordon's minutes when Richard Hamilton returns

I think that we will start Stuckey-Gordon-Rip-CV-Ben until Tayshaun comes back and then relegate Gordon to the bench when he's back. It'll be a small lineup, but a damned quick one except for Ben. With Daye, Jerebko, Brown, and Maxiell of the bench, I really have no worries about playing small ball for a little while.
Apocalyptic0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Ben Gordon's minutes when Richard Hamilton returns

There's a difference in playing small ball for a 3-5 minute stretch of a game and being almost forced to play it for entire games. Teams with size win. Teams without it don't. Look at the best teams in the league: LA, Boston, Orlando, Cleveland, Portland, etc. They all have size. While I agree Kuester will spread some minutes out that way, and without Tay is almost forced to, it's not the best thing for the Pistons trying to win games. Once Tay gets back I think we'll see a backcourt of BG/Rip or BG/Stuckey more. It will definintely cut into Bynum and Jerebko's minutes. Overall it will cut into everyone's minutes though.

One thing is for sure. This could really be a more difficult season than we thought. Honestly, I'd rather not be an 8 seed in the playoffs. With a middle of the road draft pick we aren't going to get good faster. I'd rather end up with a lottery pick and have a chance to help turn the team around faster. Then we can figure out where the next trade to be made needs to be. Obviously having Rip and BG on the same team can't work for the long run. They already invested long term in BG and he is pretty much untradeable with that contract. I could see Detroit getting a draft pick from 10-15 and packaging Rip with that to move up to get an impact player. Of course we will have to wait to see who is available at the trade deadline too. I'd really hate to see Rip go....
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: