Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-17-2008, 02:49 AM   #1
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default current roster with salaries and FA status

Player (08/09 cap#, 09/10 cap#) TO=team option
Hughes, 12.8, 13.7
Hinrich, 10, 9.5
Gooden 7.1
Thomas 3.8, 4.7(TO)
Noah 2.3, 2.5 (TO)
Sefalosha 1.9, 2.8 (TO)
Simmons, 1.7, 2.7 (TO)
Gray .7

Unrestriced Free Agents
Nocioni (made 8.5 last season)
Duhon (made 3.2 last season)
Khryapa (made 1.9 last season)
Brown (made 1.0 last season)
Nichols (make .3 last season)

Restricted Free Agents, team can match any offer if they offer qualifying amount to RFA.
Gorden (6.4)
Deng (4.4)

Last years cap was approx 57 mil and without qualifying offers to Gorden and Deng have 40 mil commited to the 08/09 season.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #2
bulls0704
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bulls0704 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: current roster with salaries and FA status

Doesn't Nocioni have 3 or 4 years left on his deal?
bulls0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:07 AM   #3
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls0704
Doesn't Nocioni have 3 or 4 years left on his deal?
I think he does also. I dont think hes a free agent yet
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:18 PM   #4
bulls0704
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bulls0704 has an OK reputation so far

Yeah i went to hoops hype and that site is highly inaccurate or lacks certain information. went to john paxsons gm page and it didn't even mention nocioni's signing last year and they have it wrong

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=Nba&id=1097

Also I got this article from http://nwi.com/articles/2007/07/19/s...1d00028387.txt

DEERFIELD | Andres Nocioni stayed with the Bulls and Joe Smith became the newest addition for a team looking to go deeper in the NBA playoffs next season.

Nocioni, a restricted free agent, officially signed a five-year contract Wednesday reportedly worth $37.5 million. He grew up in Argentina watching the Michael Jordan-led Bulls and has averaged 11.5 points per game since entering the NBA with Chicago in 2004.

"My dream was to play for Chicago Bulls, and my agent and everybody knows that," he said.

"I love this team and I want to play for these people."

The Bulls added some depth to their front court with the official signing of the 6-foot-10 Smith to a reported two-year contract worth the mid-level veteran exception of $5.36 million annually.

Both Nocioni and Smith agreed to their deals last week.

Nocioni was limited by plantar fasciitis last season and missed 29 games. He did return in time for the playoffs where the Bulls were ousted in the Eastern Conference semifinals by the Detroit Pistons.

"My foot is much better, believe me. I'm a new guy. I'm better than ever," Nocioni said. "Right now, I don't have any pain and feel normal. I hope this is done."

Nocioni said he has lost 10 pounds off his 6-foot-7 frame in the off-season to help his recovery, and has started shooting and doing some light running.

Smith, 31, has averaged 12.1 points and seven rebounds in 12 seasons since being made the first overall pick of the 1995 NBA draft. He is joining his sixth different team.

"What Joe brings is a veteran presence that we need," general manager John Paxson said. "He wants to win and we feel like that's where we're at."

With Nocioni and Smith signed, Paxson said he will turn his attention to extending the contracts of three-year veterans Ben Gordon and Luol Deng next week.

Paxson said he would like to complete the negotiations as soon as possible and isn't expecting any acrimony.

"I expect to have real good conversations with both the agents and the players," he said. "I think I'll be fair with the way I deal with it."

Even without an extension, Paxson emphasized that the Bulls have no intention of losing either player.

"We'll see what happens. But they are a part of our future," he said. "Next summer as restricted (free agents), if there's a team that offers them something, we'll match if it comes to that."
bulls0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I wish the Bulls would have kept Smith and Scott Skiles because I really think they could have turned things around. I'm glad Paxson traded Ben Wallace but Skiles and Joe Smith should have stayed.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #6
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Yeah I loved Joey Smith Conan, but for real man, he wasn't taking us anywhere. We needed to move him to open up space for young players. I am happy the Bulls unloaded the three oldest players once it was a conclusion that the Bulls season was f'ed.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: