Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-29-2008, 07:15 AM   #1
chuckyboy34
High School Starter

chuckyboy34 has an OK reputation so far
Default CV droppable?

in a 10 team league for the likes of

Marc Gasol
Luke Ridonour
Travis Outlaw
chalmers
westrook
duhon
Wilson chandler
Hawes
chuckyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #2
orangedays
Can barely lace up my sneakers

orangedays has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: CV droppable?

Control that kneejerk! CV still has the potential to put up 12-8 with good percentages and a trey a night - there are some tempting sleeper names on your waiver wire but I'd hold onto CV until at least the week is out. Not sure what went on last night but I feel like he will be able to justify your faith in him as the year progresses - keep in mind what he was capable of doing when Yi was out last year.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Yeah ..I have him on one of my fantasy teams ..I'm really hatin on Scott Skiles right now!!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:17 AM   #4
chuckyboy34
High School Starter

lol~ ok ok i'll hold off my trigger happy fingers and wait another game or two. man...8 minutes....
Old 10-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #5
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

I'd personally wait at least a few games, but if you need a C and you see Gasol producing tonight, I couldnt arue with that move, especially because Skiles is such a fantasy nightmare.

Outlaw and Chalmers are decent options, but I'd rather wait on them. Besides Gasol, I'd be interested in what Duhon could do you for. So I'd still wait, but if you could use a C or a PG, Gasol and Duhon are options.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:33 PM   #6
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

CVill was great tonight. He was dropped in my league....I have Ridnour sitting on my bench ready to drop for a good waiver guy.....should I use my #1 waiver priority, this early in the season, on CVill?

Is Cvill this year's Hedo/Dunleavy that I will regret not using the waiver on him? He will not hit free agency in this pool.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #7
chuckyboy34
High School Starter

hard to say, cv as you saw is VERY streaky. dont u think u should give luke another couple games? u said cv was just dropped yesturday so in the mean time why dont u hold off on dropping luke and give him another game or so.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:23 AM   #8
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyboy34
hard to say, cv as you saw is VERY streaky. dont u think u should give luke another couple games? u said cv was just dropped yesturday so in the mean time why dont u hold off on dropping luke and give him another game or so.

B/c Cvill will be picked up before he clears waivers, so I'll lose him by the time they get another game.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:32 AM   #9
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

I see CV as a much better gamble than Ridnour. With Luke, the ceiling is 12/3/5, and thats if he's 100%, which he never is. I cant stand the guy personally, I feel like I've been waiting on him for years. IMO I absolutely take the gamble on CV just for potential and upside alone, unless you NEED another low tier PG.

The only downfall to this is that once you have CV, you might pull your hair out deciding which nights to sit him and which nights to bench him
Old 10-30-2008, 10:39 AM   #10
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
I see CV as a much better gamble than Ridnour. With Luke, the ceiling is 12/3/5, and thats if he's 100%, which he never is. I cant stand the guy personally, I feel like I've been waiting on him for years. IMO I absolutely take the gamble on CV just for potential and upside alone, unless you NEED another low tier PG.

The only downfall to this is that once you have CV, you might pull your hair out deciding which nights to sit him and which nights to bench him

Do you 'waste' your waiver priority ok him at this point?
Old 10-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #11
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Do you 'waste' your waiver priority ok him at this point?

I think you do. You'll regret missing out on him more than you'll regret having used your waiver priority IMO. It sounds like your league is pretty competent and tough, so I dont see a lot of quality guys being dropped all that much. I guess you have to gage it on what the guys in your league tend to do, but I think you do it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: