Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 03-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #16
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: "Noche Latina"

Why are people calling it a season after last night? We didn't lose any ground. Sure, we had everything right in front of us last night and we couldn't capitalize, but there's still a month left, a lot can happen.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #17
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Why are people calling it a season after last night? We didn't lose any ground. Sure, we had everything right in front of us last night and we couldn't capitalize, but there's still a month left, a lot can happen.

Who's writing us off already? Discouraged after last night's game definitely. But you're right there's still about a dozen games left.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #18
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

If im not mistaken we play the Lakers and Celtics in back to back games here soon.

Thats going to make or break our season.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:37 PM   #19
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

We'll win the first game and lose by 40 on the second.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #20
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
Isn't the Bobats' flagship radio station Hispanic?

I went last night, and I did see a lot of Hispanics there...so it must have worked somewhat?

I know we laid a massive egg, and I sat there and listened to the crowd give a big rousing "boo" to the team in the 3rd quarter. Thing is, I had GREAT seats...5 rows behind the bench...and I saw the fatigue and pain in their faces. They knew what this game meant and I'm sure they wanted it worse than we did. This is what happens however when you play the starters so many minutes over such a long stretch like we've done; they just didn't have it to give.

They've given a valiant effort and they still might possibly get into the playoffs. Fans do need to realize that regardless of whether they get in or not this 2nd half of the season was a MAJOR overachievement as they have not had a good enough bench to rest the starters enough to finish it out.

After a 2 1/2 hour ride alone to dwell on it I still have a lot of pride in what these guys have done and accomplished. If we come up short then so be it...next year will be even better.

The Pacers were playing the 2nd of 2 back to back games on the road and they didn't phone this one in. These guys are well paid professionals. It's inexcusable.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:15 AM   #21
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Since March 13th that was their 4th game...it was our 6th. The average minutes of our starters in the first five games (in 8 nights):

Crash - 41.2 minutes (42 vs. Toronto)
Felton - 35.4 minutes (42 vs. Toronto)
Raja - 37.2 minutes (40 vs. Toronto)
Boris - 34.8 minutes (38 vs. Toronto)

In that stretch Crash almost tore his knee off, Felton had back spasms and Raja couldn't lift his arm over his head. Mek also had flu like symptoms on Friday.

Jack was also playing wayyyy above his head because of his argument with TJ the night before (he got sent to the lockerroom).

Sure they're professionals...but they're also human.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:07 AM   #22
NBACha
Decent playground baller

NBACha has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
Isn't the Bobats' flagship radio station Hispanic?

No....I think they play oldies music.
NBACha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #23
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBACha
No....I think they play oldies music.

Ah ok...I'm not in the Charlotte area (obviously). I could have sworn I read somewhere that the local radio station they used was going Hispanic.

http://radiotime.com/station/s_21491/La_Raza_1061.aspx

That's the group that was out front on Saturday.

http://radiotime.com/affiliate/a_379..._Stations.aspx

They are also listed under "Charlotte Bobcats' Radio Stations".
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #24
NBACha
Decent playground baller

NBACha has an OK reputation so far

I rarely listen to the station. I thought I heard at one point too that they were switching. If that's the case I think the Bobcats would need to look into having a new flagship station.....mainly because the hispanic market is not their primary demographic.

http://oldies1061.com/
NBACha is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: