Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Official Toronto Blue Jays Discussion 2013

Still hoping for a Ubaldo Jimenez signing. Looks like having draft pick compensation tied to him has killed his market. Good news for the Jays given that they'd only lose a 2nd rounder. While I don't think he's anything great, I'd feel much comfortable with him in the rotation and pushing someone like Rogers or Redmond out of it. Dickey, Morrow, Jimenez, Buehrle, Happ would be tolerable.

Serious playground baller DJMason's Avatar

Call me greedy, but I'm still holding out hope we grab Drew after signing Jiminez since it'd only cost us a 3rd rounder for him at that point. I want no part of Santana at the HomerDome.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMason
    Call me greedy, but I'm still holding out hope we grab Drew after signing Jiminez since it'd only cost us a 3rd rounder for him at that point. I want no part of Santana at the HomerDome.
    Is it greedy to hope that the jays don't finish last in the division, cause that is where they are headed atm.

Serious playground baller DJMason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluerap
    Is it greedy to hope that the jays don't finish last in the division, cause that is where they are headed atm.
    I dunno, it won't take much regression to the mean for us to surpass the Orioles and I think we have a legit shot of surpassing the Yankees. Hard to imagine finishing much higher than 3rd however as our roster is currently comprised.

Sign Ubaldo and Drew and giddy up already.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Rumours of Jimenez to Baltimore. Just great. If this goes through, then my hope for the upcoming season is very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Rumours of Jimenez to Baltimore. Just great. If this goes through, then my hope for the upcoming season is very low.
    Time to limbo, man.

Rosenthal put out an article today speculating why the jays have been so quiet this off-season where he quoted scott boras. Basically said that ownership will not approve any more spending until the current team shows it can play.

I don't blame them, but I think they are shooting themselves in the foot. The fan base is going to be weak without any of the hype machine. If they sign Santana they will look a lot better...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bluerap
    Rosenthal put out an article today speculating why the jays have been so quiet this off-season where he quoted scott boras. Basically said that ownership will not approve any more spending until the current team shows it can play.

I don't blame them, but I think they are shooting themselves in the foot. The fan base is going to be weak without any of the hype machine. If they sign Santana they will look a lot better...
    So bottom line is I wont see the Jays get David Price and Evan Longoria from Tampa Bay ???

Did Zito sign somewhere ? Was he a FA ?

I would very much like Nick Franklin, just not sure the package needed to acquire him. I'd do Nolin + reliever (Santos?). But I'm sure Seattle would ask for someone like Stroman or even a veteran pitcher (something we can't spare). I see Jays having a fire sale midway point of the season, so this deal may be available at that point if they haven't already traded him.

The fact that they won't make the next move makes last off season look that much worse. If they weren't prepared to up the anty they should have stayed the course with building and developing through the farm system.