Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Facts Are Misleading

Default Utah Jazz are positioned for greatness if they play their cards right.

It seems likely they will get either Wiggins or Randle in the draft.

They have very good young talent as it stands right now, with the front court of Kantar and Favors, Burke at the point and resigning Gordon.

They also have their cap in great shape. Only 43-44 million in guaranteed contracts for next year (this is including an 11ish million dollar contract I would assume they give to Gordon and the money they have to pay Wiggins or Randle)

So they can go out and be aggressive to find another quality player to add in free agency.

Well done, Utah.

Default Re: Utah Jazz are positioned for greatness if they play their cards right.

Today's NBA fan. Team gets complimented for being worst team in league. Well done, NBA fan. Well done.

Default Re: Utah Jazz are positioned for greatness if they play their cards right.

no team is headed for greatness with Ty Corbin coaching them

They have a great shot at the #1 pick, that's why they're not in a hurry to re-sign Hayward. Tyrone Corbin could get the kick eventually. Sloan is working as consultant for Utah and we can't rule out his return to coaching.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    It seems likely they will get either Wiggins or Randle in the draft.
    Or whomever the best guy is when they pick.

They have very good young talent as it stands right now, with the front court of Kantar and Favors, Burke at the point and resigning Gordon.
    Burke hasn't shown anything yet. Favors has yet to show he's worth the money they gave him. Kanter still has a ways to go though I expect him to continue to progress. You forgot Burks, Gobert and Neto though.

They also have their cap in great shape. Only 43-44 million in guaranteed contracts for next year (this is including an 11ish million dollar contract I would assume they give to Gordon and the money they have to pay Wiggins or Randle)
    G may be getting a max deal. He may be gone or overpaid.

So they can go out and be aggressive to find another quality player to add in free agency.

Well done, Utah.
    They can't really if they sign G because Kanter will need to be paid and possibly Burks too.

no team is headed for greatness with Ty Corbin coaching them
    Yeah he'd be the first one I'd blame for their winless start.

They have a great shot at the #1 pick, that's why they're not in a hurry to re-sign Hayward.
    I'm guessing if they thought he was worth the money he wanted they would have gave it to him. They might already be regretting it the way he is playing now.

Sloan is working as consultant for Utah and we can't rule out his return to coaching.
    God forbid!

and then they will lose wiggins or randle after their rookie contract is up and they begin to enter their prime because it's utah....

Kanter is the only one of the Favors, Hayward trio I believe in.

Banned

Yeah he'd be the first one I'd blame for their winless start. :biggums
    :

Corbins coaching is pathetic. Please dont defend him.

And this team is headed for greatness? Just about as much greatness as the Bobcats were last year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoTM
    This. Also hayward is decent but not worth the money he's going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by RoTM
    But Hayward is the only one now that is doing it.

Corbins coaching is pathetic. Please dont defend him.
    First he had to replace Jerry without Dwill while being stuck with Big Al as his centerpiece. Now he is going at it without an NBA rotation caliber pg, some young prospects, some old has beens, some never have beens and other scrubs. Not sure he's ever had much of a chance and he still got them a playoff berth and almost two. Not sure what is expected? Who knows what he might have done taking over a team with Stockton and Malone already in tow?

And this team is headed for greatness? Just about as much greatness as the Bobcats were last year.
    Greatness these days is all about tanking so yes very Bobcatesque!

This. Also hayward is decent but not worth the money he's going to get.
    Remains to be seen.

Greatness?

They have 4 players that are worthwhile on the entire team and none of the 4 project to be more than solid starters.

What's more, they are/will be paying big money to get those 4 solid players to stay in Utah.

College superstar

If the Kings get Randle or Wiggins... oh my.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Headed for greatness might be a bit of a stretch, but I do agree with his point.

Honestly it doesn't bother me one bit that the Jazz are 0-8 right now. Kanter, Favors, Burks are struggling to be the guys every night, and they are struggling with consistency, struggling to play 35 minutes a night as opposed to coming off the bench for 15-25 minutes a night. If they are still playing this way and struggling at the end of the year, then yeah I agree there's going to be some issues to figure out.

Hayward is playing pretty damn good right now (20 PPG on 46% shooting, 6 RPG, 4 APG), Favors & Kanter still have to show what they've got, but there's 74 more games and I think we'll start to improve.

This roster is an absolute joke right now outside of Favors, Kanter, Hayward, Burks, Burke, and a couple other role players. We have JOHN LUCAS as our PG right now.
    Last edited by UtahJazzFan88; 11-12-2013 at 05:58 PM.

utah needs jabrari parker.

Kanter+Favors+Parker+Ghay+Burke