Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Replace Rose with Peak Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Team can pick up Kobes lack of defense
    Peak Kobe was legit 1st team all D

Kobe would be a perfect fit on this team.

This team would work hard for him on defense, while Kobe can be aggressive on offense and lead the way.

I think prime Kobe would be a sure thing for a championship, whereas I think rose this year and beyond is a strong chance...

Spoken like someone who didn't witness prime Kobe.

Prime Kobe was a great defender one of the best in the game without a doubt. Don't be silly here and overlook young Kobe on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Prime Kobe was a great defender one of the best in the game without a doubt. Don't be silly here and overlook young Kobe on defense.
    Problem is, Kobe's best offensive seasons weren't really coupled with his best defensive seasons. So it's hard to pick a single season Kobe or even 2-3 season stretch of Kobe and get the "perfect" combination. If you could take, say, 2001 Kobe's defense and pair him with really any version of 2006-2008 Kobe, you'd have a scary good two-way player. But, after about 2003 Kobe's defense really fell off. Some of that was due to his offensive load becoming almost unfairly to big to carry while also providing good defense. And don't point out how he still made 1st team All-Defense teams after 2003. A lot of those were a reputation/name thing. Although in 2008 he was, on top of still being one of the elite offensive players in the game, very good on defense, too.

With that said, this team really does compliment Kobe almost perfectly. He wouldn't have to be anything special on defense in my opinion due to a very strong defense backing him up, and he'd be able to provide the Bulls with the one thing they really need to put them over the top; an elite, truly special go-to scorer. While I do think at least one title is a guarantee, you also have to take into account that the contenders now (in my opinion) are stronger now than they were in, say, 2009 and 2010. At least in the West. Prime Kobe no the Bulls next year would make Chicago the favorite even over the Cavs with LeBron and Love in my opinion.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

I actually didn't realise OP said prime Kobe

Peak Kobe is winning multiple rings on this Bulls team, no doubt. It's really a perfect fit for him.

Prime Kobe is basically just a better offensive version of prime Rose with much better defense and leadership/toughness. He'd really jive with Noah.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Peak Kobe is winning multiple rings on this Bulls team, no doubt. It's really a perfect fit for him.

Prime Kobe is basically just a better offensive version of prime Rose with much better defense and leadership/toughness. He'd really jive with Noah.
    since when did we ever witness prime rose?

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves

Kobe is many things but he isn't a leader, much less social. He had an alienating influence on every team he's been on. Had no clue what to do with DH, Shaq and several players said he wouldn't even talk to them. And you are comparing him to a 23 year old that totally took over his team and had much older vets explaining to him why they made mistakes. Sure Kobe was better than Rose but lets not make nonsense up.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Problem is, Kobe's best offensive seasons weren't really coupled with his best defensive seasons. So it's hard to pick a single season Kobe or even 2-3 season stretch of Kobe and get the "perfect" combination. If you could take, say, 2001 Kobe's defense and pair him with really any version of 2006-2008 Kobe, you'd have a scary good two-way player. But, after about 2003 Kobe's defense really fell off. Some of that was due to his offensive load becoming almost unfairly to big to carry while also providing good defense. And don't point out how he still made 1st team All-Defense teams after 2003. A lot of those were a reputation/name thing. Although in 2008 he was, on top of still being one of the elite offensive players in the game, very good on defense, too.

With that said, this team really does compliment Kobe almost perfectly. He wouldn't have to be anything special on defense in my opinion due to a very strong defense backing him up, and he'd be able to provide the Bulls with the one thing they really need to put them over the top; an elite, truly special go-to scorer. While I do think at least one title is a guarantee, you also have to take into account that the contenders now (in my opinion) are stronger now than they were in, say, 2009 and 2010. At least in the West. Prime Kobe no the Bulls next year would make Chicago the favorite even over the Cavs with LeBron and Love in my opinion.
    Really liked this post and yes 2001 Kobe defensively was such a nightmare to deal with when he turned it on especially in the playoffs.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    01 Kobe was. 06, 08 or 09 Kobe? He was the third best perimeter defender on his team in the last year (Ariza/Odom).

Phil Jackson called Kobe's All-D selections undeserved, need I remind you..
    Odom was a perimeter defender?

Okay TLP, okay..

Phil Jackson called the 99 spurs championship an asterik ring..need I remind you..

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Kobe is many things but he isn't a leader, much less social. He had an alienating influence on every team he's been on. Had no clue what to do with DH, Shaq and several players said he wouldn't even talk to them. And you are comparing him to a 23 year old that totally took over his team and had much older vets explaining to him why they made mistakes. Sure Kobe was better than Rose but lets not make nonsense up.
    Are you saying Rose is a socialite? Because dude is one of the more introverted personalities in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    He was the third best perimeter defender on his team in the last year (Odom).

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

To answer the question they'd win rings.

And their front court would be considered "the most stacked front court of all
    time"