Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Derrick Rose's Anemic Stats Against FIBA Competition

You can't take a player's stats in international competiton and say he would suck in Euroleague.It's out of context.

Most of the players have average stats in FIBA competitions.It's quite normal for a stacked team like USA. Let's look at Original Dream Team :

Barkley 18 ppg 4 rpg
    Bird 8.4 ppg 3.8 rpg
    Drexler 10.5 ppg
    Ewing 9.5 ppg 5.3 rpg
    Magic 8 ppg 5.5 apg
    Jordan 14.9 ppg
    Malone 13.0 5.3 rpg
    Pippen 9.0 ppg
    D-Rob 9.0 ppg 4.1 rpg

With same logic, even these all time greats would fail in euroleague.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    First of all, that was prime Anthony Parker.

First of all, that was prime Anthony Parker.

Second of all, the Euroleague was much weaker then than it is now.

Third, yes, prime Anthony Parker would definitely be a much better Euroleague player than current Derrick Rose. Without any question.

Last edited by Go Getter; 08-29-2011 at 12:12 AM.

The leading scorer in euroleague in 2011 was a D-Leaguer.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    The leading scorer in euroleague in 2011 was a D-Leaguer.
    A D-Leaguer who slipped under the radar because he is obviously better than the #1 draft pick, MVP, All-Star Derrick Rose.

All of you NBA only fans need to stop your lies.

No player on Earth would average 30 in the Euroleague. You have absolutely zero general basketball knowledge if you believe any of those players could average 30 in the Euroleague. Absolutely zero general basketball knowledge.
    I like how you repeated for emphasis.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Most of you can laugh at the OP but somewhere in his posts he makes a legit claim that's getting lost, or he isn't explaning himself properly.

The 'style' of play in the Euroleague is different than it is here in the States. Not only is their style of play different, the rules are different.

Sure, Americans are superior athletes and are better in some areas of the game. But these areas aren't necessarily the things that would make them stand out in their style of play and rules. And the same can be said vice versa.

Anthony Parker may have been an MVP there, and that doesn't translate into his game in the NBA because that style of play doesn't prevail as much here. And YES everybody has their 'prime'. You, myself, the person in the D-league, person at your local gym, NBA, etc.etc we all have our prime. His just happened to be while he was overseas, not that he would've been better than Tmac if he'd played here, but he still had a prime, and his style at his very best was obviously suited for the international style of play.

People need to stop trying to transpose eras, leagues, styles so much, it's something that most people do here. Situations are different, style of playing are different, rules are different etc.etc. you can't just root a player and believe that said player would perform as good (or worse) just because. Shit has to be factored in, and the OP did bring up some very valid points, most of which I agree with in regards to Rose's game.

Quick anecdotal story.....

One day I saw some soccer players playing basketball in high school, when some players from the basketball team thought they could school the soccer players. So they challenged them to a game.... and it didn't end up as they had planned.

Sure, the basketball players were putting on an individual skill exhibition. Dunks, fancy cross overs, nice athletic plays but they still LOST!!! Why? because they were basically playing one on one, while the soccer team was playing 'team' ball. They weren't as athletic, they weren't trying to hot dog, they were just sticking to basic fundamental basketball: passing, cutting, setting screens, rotating on defense, boxing out etc.etc. things that apparently the basketball players somehow missed.

And that is very similar to the situation we have here.

Certain styles are better suited for certain styles, people should stop trying to jump on the bandwagon and think for a second before they start trashing the OP every time. The dude does bring up some legit points (although he may not be 100% correct all the time). Most people don't even bother reading his posts, they just automatically get insulted at the crazy notion that we don't completely own the world.

Americans show their arrogance once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    SMASH! IN A NANOSECOND

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Most of you can laugh at the OP but somewhere in his posts he makes a legit claim that's getting lost, or he isn't explaning himself properly.

The 'style' of play in the Euroleague is different than it is here in the States. Not only is their style of play different, the rules are different.

Sure, Americans are superior athletes and are better in some areas of the game. But these areas aren't necessarily the things that would make them stand out in their style of play and rules. And the same can be said vice versa.

Anthony Parker may have been an MVP there, and that doesn't translate into his game in the NBA because that style of play doesn't prevail as much here. And YES everybody has their 'prime'. You, myself, the person in the D-league, person at your local gym, NBA, etc.etc we all have our prime. His just happened to be while he was overseas, not that he would've been better than Tmac if he'd played here, but he still had a prime, and his style at his very best was obviously suited for the international style of play.

People need to stop trying to transpose eras, leagues, styles so much, it's something that most people do here. Situations are different, style of playing are different, rules are different etc.etc. you can't just root a player and believe that said player would perform as good (or worse) just because. Shit has to be factored in, and the OP did bring up some very valid points, most of which I agree with in regards to Rose's game.

Quick anecdotal story.....

One day I saw some soccer players playing basketball in high school, when some players from the basketball team thought they could school the soccer players. So they challenged them to a game.... and it didn't end up as they had planned.

Sure, the basketball players were putting on an individual skill exhibition. Dunks, fancy cross overs, nice athletic plays but they still LOST!!! Why? because they were basically playing one on one, while the soccer team was playing 'team' ball. They weren't as athletic, they weren't trying to hot dog, they were just sticking to basic fundamental basketball: passing, cutting, setting screens, rotating on defense, boxing out etc.etc. things that apparently the basketball players somehow missed.

And that is very similar to the situation we have here.

Certain styles are better suited for certain styles, people should stop trying to jump on the bandwagon and think for a second before they start trashing the OP every time. The dude does bring up some legit points (although he may not be 100% correct all the time). Most people don't even bother reading his posts, they just automatically get insulted at the crazy notion that we don't completely own the world.

Americans show their arrogance once again.

So why did America win the WC with our "B team?"

American ignorance? We pwn the world in ball....our style has flaws, no doubt, but you can't argue the results.

Didn't USA lead the WC in steals and assists? Did they not come together as a team? Did they not beat teams with "better teamwork?" (more time playing together)

Rose shot poorly through a sample of 12-16 games yet you and the OP disregard 2+ years of 48% shooting....you disregard the style of play the Bulls have and their limited offense/new coach.

Sit down man, if you haven't noticed, you're agreeing with the biggest idiot troll on ISH.

Pretty dreadful how this guy hasn't been banned yet.

This forum lets morons like this roam free, and it's just not on anymore. Nothing wrong with letting some garbage slide for site traffic, but when it's every day he's posting some pathetic shit like this, he needs to go. C'mon Jeff, please do something.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Anthony Parker had a prime?

So why did America win the WC with our "B team?"

[COLOR="Red"]Because we're better?[/COLOR]

American ignorance? We pwn the world in ball....our style has flaws, no doubt, but you can't argue the results.

[COLOR="red"]American ignorance was meant as an example of how we just disregard others, automatically assume that we're just no.1 without regarding anything.
    [/COLOR]

Didn't USA lead the WC in steals and assists? Did they not come together as a team? Did they not beat teams with "better teamwork?" (more time playing together)

[COLOR="red"]Huh?[/COLOR]

Rose shot poorly through a sample of 12-16 games yet you and the OP disregard 2+ years of 48% shooting....you disregard the style of play the Bulls have and their limited offense/new coach.

[COLOR="red"]But according to most posters here he should've just dominated... PERIOD. Which I'm assuming was the entire point of this thread. But he wasn't close to that.
    [/COLOR]

Sit down man, if you haven't noticed, you're agreeing with the biggest idiot troll on ISH.
    Either I didn't explain myself properly (which I apologize), but my main point was, troll or not, the OP did make some legit claims and most people here just seemed to automatically disregard everything even tho the OP brought FACTS. People may not like them, and he may be out there with some of his claims, but they aren't as absurd as people make them seem.

I also tried to point out that 'styles' can clash. This actually discredits the OP to some degree. He taunts and teases, but fails to realize that 'styles' is what drives some of these American players to struggle. Americans can't play that type of style, and they can't play ours.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Either I didn't explain myself properly (which I apologize), but my main point was, troll or not, the OP did make some legit claims and most people here just seemed to automatically disregard everything even tho the OP brought FACTS. People may not like them, and he may be out there with some of his claims, but they aren't as absurd as people make them seem.

I also tried to point out that 'styles' can clash. This actually discredits the OP to some degree. He taunts and teases, but fails to realize that 'styles' is what drives some of these American players to struggle. Americans can't play that type of style, and they can't play ours.

You aren't making any sense.

American go overseas and THRIVE. How is it that we can't play their style and they can't play ours? Dirk and Barrea just balled out in the Finals.

Rose only played a few games in FIBA.

HE OBVIOUSLY doesn't care about FIBA ball as much as his NBA career and with time and adjustments he'd be one of the best in FIBA hands down man stop being a moron.

And people said Rose would dominate FIBA as in on a regular team in a regular season not in a tourney with a collection of all-stars thrown together (without sufficient bigs).

You aren't making any sense.

American go overseas and THRIVE. How is it that we can't play their style and they can't play ours? Dirk and Barrea just balled out in the Finals.

Rose only played a few games in FIBA.

HE OBVIOUSLY doesn't care about FIBA ball as much as his NBA career and with time and adjustments he'd be one of the best in FIBA hands down man stop being a moron.
    I mistyped (misspoke), but you're right.

I meant, certain players.