Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Put yr guns up

Default Re: Wally World And Ben Wallace To Cavs!?!

What in the world would the Cavs want with Ben Wallace? Drew Gooden is the better player. Seems like they're confusing any move with a good one, just stupid.

Banned

Default Done deal: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics pull off 11-player deal

Deal is done.

The Cleveland Cavaliers appear to have beaten the NBA's annual trade buzzer to get LeBron James some of the fresh help he's been openly craving.

In a three-way trade with Chicago and Seattle that has been submitted for league approval, NBA front-office sources say that Cleveland will come away with four new teammates for James, headlined by Ben Wallace from the Bulls and sharpshooter Wally Szczerbiak from the Sonics.

The league office was notified of the deal before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trading deadline, sources said, and is currently reviewing the trade details as required for formal approval.

After Cleveland watched two longstanding trade targets land elsewhere -- Mike Bibby in Atlanta and Jason Kidd in Dallas -- sources say that the deal calls for the Cavaliers to receive Wallace, Szczerbiak, Seattle point guard Delonte West, Chicago's Joe Smith and a future second-round pick from the Bulls.

The Bulls, apparently abandoning their gamble on Wallace less than two seasons into the lucrative four-year deal they used to sign him away from Detroit, would get Cavaliers forward Drew Gooden and swingman Larry Hughes along with Cavs reserves Cedric Simmons and Shannon Brown.

The Sonics, shedding Szczerbiak in the name of additional payroll flexibility, come away with the expiring contracts of Cleveland's Ira Newble and Chicago's Adrian Griffin as well as Cavs veteran Donyell Marshall.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3257159
    Last edited by hotsizzle; 02-21-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Local High School Star WillyJakk's Avatar

ESPNews quote: "Cavs / Bulls / Sonics working on 10 player deal pending league approval"

Both teams played hard 2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar

Damn did they at least get Delonte West? He could be a pretty good fit with Bron.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCY
    What in the world would the Cavs want with Ben Wallace? Drew Gooden is the better player. Seems like they're confusing any move with a good one, just stupid.
    I think the thought is that PJ Brown and Wallace can replace most of what Gooden does, but a major part is that they get Chris Duhon at the point.

If this is true here is my opinion. I am mixed about it. I'm kind of wishing they would've gotten Mike Miller, but you never know.

The reason I don't know how I feel is because Wally is ALWAYS injured, but if he can stay pretty much stay uninjured and play as good as he did his 1 allstar year in Minnesota, it would be a good addition. I like Wally, he played for Miami (Ohio) which is where I used to live in Cincy, but the guy the last 2-3 years seems to be always injured for 20-30 games.

Ben Wallace I wouldn't mind...as long as he comes off the bench, I'd rather have Z and Gooden starting, and then when I think about it I think about Varejo and Wallace on the floor at the same time and think about how lackluster the Cavs offense inside the paint would be, they pretty much would only be for defense purposes.

I guess we will see. I watched some Sonics games this year and Wally looked good in some games and in others he was taking shots that made you say "WTF is he thinking?:

Banned

WHOA!

Cavs potentially get Delonte, Wally, and Big Ben!

Local High School Star MrEncinas's Avatar

Default Re: ESPNNews: "Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics trying to pull off 10-player deal"

Just saw it on ESPN News Cavs get Wallace, Wally, Delonte, and Joe Smith. Holy ****.

Banned

szczerbiak is what lebron needs, a shooter.
    ben wallace can't be that washed up, he needed a change of scenario.
    dalonte west can play.
    AND THEY GOT RID OF LARRY HUGHES!

considering what they gave up that's a great deal

Delonte would be useful to the Cavs. He can defend and is acceptable on the offensive end (if you've already got Lebron)

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I think the thought is that PJ Brown and Wallace can replace most of what Gooden does, but a major part is that they get Chris Duhon at the point.
    uhh, sorry to break it to you but P.J. Brown is retired.

Both teams played hard 2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar

Default Re: ESPNNews: "Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics trying to pull off 10-player deal"

Thats a nice little deal there. I like it. I was hoping they got Delonte.

Dunking on everybody in the park netdoc's Avatar

Where are you guys seeing this? ESPN is not reporting this as a "done deal".

Banned

Too many player names to put in a title.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Who do the Bulls get?