Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Default Re: #61 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by M.Bustly15A5RU8
    I can deal very well with the irrefutable objective fact that he has five rings.
    and the irrefutable objective fact that he has two finals mvps, along with a league mvp, 10 all-nba first teams, 5th all-time leading scorer, and 3rd all-time leading playoff scorer.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    His 12 points in Game 5 really was dominant, so deserving of FMVP. Man he got robbed. I'm mad that Kobe got it
    *insert cherry pick and pointless sarcastic drivel*

You're refuted. Damn that was easy.

and the irrefutable objective fact that he has two finals mvps, along with a league mvp, 10 all-nba first teams, 5th all-time leading scorer, and 3rd all-time leading playoff scorer.
    Absolutely. They're all irrefutable objective facts.

College superstar

I watched Miller's entire career, and did not realize that his resume' (i.e. accomplishments and accolades) was so paltry. wow

Banned

You would have an argument if he averaged 15 rpg and 3 bpg, along with his points, but he didn't, sorry.
    Yes because having a certain amount of spefiic numbers is the criteria.

****ing guy probably watches games with his calculators. Gasols dominance in the post is what got his team the series win and championship. That's what it comes down to. His numbers were good enough to win and he was the most instrumental player to his teams success.

Back on task, I vote for TMac.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
    Yes because having a certain amount of spefiic numbers is the criteria.

****ing guy probably watches games with his calculators. Gasols dominance in the post is what got his team the series win and championship. That's what it comes down to. His numbers were good enough to win and he was the most instrumental player to his teams success.
    Ok, cool. Believe that, but let us remember Alvin gentry after Game 6 of the WCF, "He's the best player in basketball right now, and I don't think it's close"

Magic Johnson after Game 1 of the NBA Finals: "I apologize to Kobe, your still the best"
    Magic Johnson after Game 7 of the NBA Finals: "World's greatest player right now"

Banned

Ok, cool. Believe that, but let us remember Alvin gentry after Game 6 of the WCF, "He's the best player in basketball right now, and I don't think it's close"

Magic Johnson after Game 1 of the NBA Finals: "I apologize to Kobe, your still the best"
    Magic Johnson after Game 7 of the NBA Finals: "World's greatest player right now"
    Cool Magic Johnson one of the most biased opinions ever. Has he ever said anything bad about Kobe? Feel free to find any kind of negative criticism from him.

He even says in the video that Kobe had an up and down series and sucked for the first three quarters in Game 7 .

Kobe won the Finals MVP on name alone. Get over it.

Cool Magic Johnson one of the most biased opinions ever. Has he ever said anything bad about Kobe? Feel free to find any kind of negative criticism from him.

He even says in the video that Kobe had an up and down series and sucked for the first three quarters in Game 7 .

Kobe won the Finals MVP on name alone. Get over it.
    No, he won Finals MVP because he was the leading scorer for the series, led his team in points, assists, steals, and was the 2nd leading rebounder for the series.

Get over that.

Banned

No, he won Finals MVP because he was the leading scorer for the series, led his team in points, assists, steals, and was the 2nd leading rebounder for the series.

Get over that.
    Cool Gasol led his team in rebounds, blocks, win shares, PER, and was 2nd in points, assists, fg%. Selective stats bro, anyone can ****ing use it.

Your not going to convince anyone otherwise with your box score arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    I watched Miller's entire career, and did not realize that his resume' (i.e. accomplishments and accolades) was so paltry. wow
    Had I not previously looked at his resume so much I'm sure I'd have had the same reaction.

Miller was not an elite player, but few have been on the edge of elite, with an elite skill, for so long. For the majority of that time he was fortunate enough to play with a capable supporting cast and the Pacers were quietly the second most successful Eastern Conference Franchise during the mid-late 1990's.

Magic Johnson also said he hasn't seen a stretch of dominance like Dirk Nowitzki's in 2011 since Michael Jordan.

I'm sure you agree.

Cool Gasol led his team in rebounds, blocks, win shares, PER, and was 2nd in points, assists, fg%. Selective stats bro, anyone can ****ing use it.

Your not going to convince anyone otherwise with your box score arguments.
    Pau did not lead the team in PER. Kobe did.

Kobe led the Lakers in Playoffs PER, and Finals PER.

Had to sift through the thread, here's what the vote count is like:

Jerry Lucas - 6
    Tracy McGrady - 6
    Pau Gasol - 6
    Pete Maravich - 2
    Hal Greer - 1
    Tony Parker - 1
    Alonzo Mourning - 1

Posters who brought up names, but I won't really count them as a tally because they just argued why they should be over ____ players and ____ arbitrary number spot:

Kevin Johnson, Chris Webber (2x).

Jerry Lucas will be my vote