Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2019, 05:23 PM   #1
Ben Simmons 25
Good High School Starter
 
Ben Simmons 25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 886
Default Why does the IRS even really exist?

So we can perpetuate and sustain the military industrial complex which itself is a big reason we’ve gone bankrupt?

It sure as hell damn well seems that way.

I gotta believe the founding fathers would be rolling over in their graves over this very issue above all else.
Ben Simmons 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:26 PM   #2
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23,716
Default Re: Why does the IRS even really exist?

Just because you have colorectal cancer doesn't mean you don't need to eat.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:47 PM   #3
SomeBlackDude
College star
 
SomeBlackDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 4,074
Default Re: Why does the IRS even really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
I gotta believe the founding fathers would be rolling over in their graves over this very issue above all else.

nah, they'd probably be preoccupied with all the negroes and wenches/possible witches in congress.

imagine if they teleported from the great meeting hall in the sky to like 2014 'murrica when barack hussein obama was running the show. george washington would've died again from a heart attack.
SomeBlackDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:51 PM   #4
Ben Simmons 25
Good High School Starter
 
Ben Simmons 25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 886
Default Re: Why does the IRS even really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
nah, they'd probably be preoccupied with all the negroes and wenches/possible witches in congress.

imagine if they teleported from the great meeting hall in the sky to like 2014 'murrica when barack hussein obama was running the show. george washington would've died again from a heart attack.

You are the most gigantic trolling asshole worthless poster.


RMWG... you’re right, but to fix the cancer you get surgery to cut that shit out to the largest extent you can get away with without dying.
Ben Simmons 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:56 PM   #5
SomeBlackDude
College star
 
SomeBlackDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 4,074
Default Re: Why does the IRS even really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
You are the most gigantic trolling asshole worthless poster.

run, nigguh! george washington!
SomeBlackDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:59 PM   #6
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23,716
Default Re: Why does the IRS even really exist?

A better question that I've been wondering: should we have to pay taxes when the government is shut down?
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:08 PM   #7
highwhey
RENTFREE IN FBI'S HEAD
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 17,073
Default Re: Why does the IRS even really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
A better question that I've been wondering: should we have to pay taxes when the government is shut down?
i mean, essential services are still operational. TSA is working with deffered payment. air traffic control is operational.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:20 PM   #8
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23,716
Default Re: Why does the IRS even really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
i mean, essential services are still operational. TSA is working with deffered payment. air traffic control is operational.
But they aren't actually being paid. Congress and President are being paid but we have not just workers not being allowed to work but workers currently working for nothing. We currently repay them for their services through the local food bank, not taxes.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:26 PM   #9
highwhey
RENTFREE IN FBI'S HEAD
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 17,073
Default Re: Why does the IRS even really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
But they aren't actually being paid. Congress and President are being paid but we have not just workers not being allowed to work but workers currently working for nothing. We currently repay them for their services through the local food bank, not taxes.
i thought some of them were being deffered payment? i,e they won't get paid until shutdown stops, but they are earning money...just won't get the checks during the shutdown.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:41 PM   #10
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23,716
Default Re: Why does the IRS even really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
i thought some of them were being deffered payment? i,e they won't get paid until shutdown stops, but they are earning money...just won't get the checks during the shutdown.
But when does the shutdown end? There is no set date for that, it's indefinite. Ever have a friend who promised to pay you back when he had the money? Well, you may be that friend, but regardless the point is there is no end in sight. No one has any idea when government will resume it's normal function. McConnell may have to lead the Republicans against Trump for that to happen. I don't think he's going to do that in the immediate future.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:24 PM   #11
Ben Simmons 25
Good High School Starter
 
Ben Simmons 25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 886
Default Re: Why does the IRS even really exist?

I don’t believe for one second we see the end of February with it still being only partially functioning... and I’m sure the workers will get back pay... sucks big balls for now though and doesn’t undo the damage of missed payments for bills though most creditors will not count you as late if you communicate.
Ben Simmons 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:36 PM   #12
highwhey
RENTFREE IN FBI'S HEAD
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 17,073
Default Re: Why does the IRS even really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
But when does the shutdown end? There is no set date for that, it's indefinite. Ever have a friend who promised to pay you back when he had the money? Well, you may be that friend, but regardless the point is there is no end in sight. No one has any idea when government will resume it's normal function. McConnell may have to lead the Republicans against Trump for that to happen. I don't think he's going to do that in the immediate future.
over under that government shutdown is no longer active past feb 15?

i don't see the shutdown lasting that long.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:53 PM   #13
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 28,459
Default Re: Why does the IRS even really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
So we can perpetuate and sustain the military industrial complex which itself is a big reason we’ve gone bankrupt?

It sure as hell damn well seems that way.

I gotta believe the founding fathers would be rolling over in their graves over this very issue above all else.
Military spending is less than 18% of the budget.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:58 PM   #14
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23,716
Default Re: Why does the IRS even really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
over under that government shutdown is no longer active past feb 15?

i don't see the shutdown lasting that long.
We have no idea. I wouldn't bet on the shutdown going into March but it's currently the longest ever and we aren't seeing progress in negotiations. Pelosi called the Wall "immoral" (I'd say it's extremely stupid but not necessarily "immoral") meanwhile Trump is all about saving face. I'm confident Trump doesn't care about the unpaid workers and suspect their struggles are only a political football for the Democrats, if Trump didn't own the shutdown so idiotically I bet they would have conceded something but with only Trump taking the PR hit they are able to be just as stubborn about this if not more so. So when do we get progress? We seem forced to wait on the Republicans abandoning the most powerful leader in their party, who most of them are still scared to cross.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:59 PM   #15
Ben Simmons 25
Good High School Starter
 
Ben Simmons 25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 886
Default Re: Why does the IRS even really exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Military spending is less than 18% of the budget.

This is a bit of a loaded question, but how much do they bring in?
Ben Simmons 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy