Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-01-2007, 05:44 PM   #1
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

Default Brendan Haywood

its says on insidehoops that his namplate is removed from the wizards locker room

what do u guys think do u think if we cant get anyone that good do u think we should mayb get him?????????
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #2
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

Default Re: Brendan Haywood

maybe if there's really really really...............really really left on the free agent market..........then yeah, get him...........but, still the playoffs.......too early to be thinking about next year.........still got the draft coming up.....players getting cut and traded.................so, still a long way to go.............

so, letz try to beat detroit first and go on from there..............
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:26 PM   #3
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

yea i know that im saying 4 the offseason im not sayin lets jump into it right away

were gonna need sum inside men seeing that im sure pj brown and others wont be on the team
Old 05-03-2007, 12:09 AM   #4
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Brendan Haywood

We will have our choice of a plethora of big men in the upcoming draft, all of whom are better than Haywood. The only edge he has on them is experience, and most of that has been losing. We don't need any more of that. There is a reason they aren't going to keep him on the team, and that's the reason we don't want him on ours. Hell, I'd rather sign Sweetney to a long-term deal than have Haywood on the roster.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #5
Alex (Arrival)
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
We will have our choice of a plethora of big men in the upcoming draft, all of whom are better than Haywood. The only edge he has on them is experience, and most of that has been losing. We don't need any more of that. There is a reason they aren't going to keep him on the team, and that's the reason we don't want him on ours. Hell, I'd rather sign Sweetney to a long-term deal than have Haywood on the roster.

This is ridiculous.

A plethora of big men? How long did it take you to think of that word? Probably a lot longer than you spent researching the draft, or a lot less time than you spent drinking magic draft kool-aid.

At our position there is only 1 real big man, and that is Roy Hibbert who is a hell of a lot less talented than Haywood.

Haywood is feuding with his coach, not beating up his girlfriend, fans, or eating too many cheeseburgers. The guy is fit, athletic and has good touch. He is a legit 7', and well worth the 5 million dollars per hes getting. And his teammates like him enough to rally for his spot.

I'd rather trade the 9 pick for Haywood, than take one of the big men in this draft who will be a free agent in 3 years because they aren't championship type players. Haywood is a winner. He played at UNC, he played in some of the best games in college basketball. This kid knows how to play, and he knows how to produce in limited minutes. The Bulls could certainly use his size coming off the bench, and would also take our vertical challenges out of the microscope.
Alex (Arrival) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #6
KaptnKirk12
Made that high school varsity squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex (Arrival)
This is ridiculous.

A plethora of big men? How long did it take you to think of that word? Probably a lot longer than you spent researching the draft, or a lot less time than you spent drinking magic draft kool-aid.

At our position there is only 1 real big man, and that is Roy Hibbert who is a hell of a lot less talented than Haywood.

Haywood is feuding with his coach, not beating up his girlfriend, fans, or eating too many cheeseburgers. The guy is fit, athletic and has good touch. He is a legit 7', and well worth the 5 million dollars per hes getting. And his teammates like him enough to rally for his spot.

I'd rather trade the 9 pick for Haywood, than take one of the big men in this draft who will be a free agent in 3 years because they aren't championship type players. Haywood is a winner. He played at UNC, he played in some of the best games in college basketball. This kid knows how to play, and he knows how to produce in limited minutes. The Bulls could certainly use his size coming off the bench, and would also take our vertical challenges out of the microscope.

Trade the 9th pick for a bench player? Hahahaha. The 9th pick we have a chance at Hibbert, or Hawes.

Hib - HUGE SIZE, could possibly be a "Shaq" in 3 years.
Hawes - great post moves, good size, smart.

Either one of those guys would start on the Bulls team along side Ben Wallace. PJ will probably stick around another year unless we deal him in a trade. Sweets should still be there, and Tyrus.

Ben Wallace
Hib or Hawes
Tyrus Thomas
PJ Brown
Sweets
*Other possible draft pick

Having a solid 5+ big man rotation would help out the already solid gaurd squad.

Haywood isn't needed if we are able to draft Hib or Hawes.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:25 PM   #7
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

i wouldn't mind getting haywood maybe for a 2nd round pick, if wer have any..........i wouldn't give up the 9th pick...........who knows, we might get somebody good in the 9th spot.............hibbert is big, but he is also slow.........slow as hell.........if he does end up with the bulls, then hopefully he'll develop into a good player..........he is a center and most likely he'll back up wallace.........the bulls need a good pf with low post skills.........im not sure if they're planning tyrus to be their future pf but in my opinion, tyrus is more of a sf than a pf..............haywood would also just back up wallace, which i don't mind.......at least we have a legit 7 foot center to back up rather than pj or malik.............

i haven't seen that hawes guy play but i heard he is suppose to be better than hibbert..........aside from the obvious pf's in the draft, i wouldn't mind if the bulls grab that fazekas kid from nevada..........got some low post moves and he's got a jumper..........so, letz just hope for the best...........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:10 AM   #8
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

id take haywood over sweets
Old 05-06-2007, 04:18 AM   #9
KaptnKirk12
Made that high school varsity squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
i wouldn't mind getting haywood maybe for a 2nd round pick, if wer have any..........i wouldn't give up the 9th pick...........who knows, we might get somebody good in the 9th spot.............hibbert is big, but he is also slow.........slow as hell.........if he does end up with the bulls, then hopefully he'll develop into a good player..........he is a center and most likely he'll back up wallace.........the bulls need a good pf with low post skills.........im not sure if they're planning tyrus to be their future pf but in my opinion, tyrus is more of a sf than a pf..............haywood would also just back up wallace, which i don't mind.......at least we have a legit 7 foot center to back up rather than pj or malik.............

i haven't seen that hawes guy play but i heard he is suppose to be better than hibbert..........aside from the obvious pf's in the draft, i wouldn't mind if the bulls grab that fazekas kid from nevada..........got some low post moves and he's got a jumper..........so, letz just hope for the best...........

Hawes has better post moves than Hibbert, but with Hibbert's size he easily has the higher potential and didn't really need to use major post skills at the college level because his size was so overwhelming. Either one I'd be fine with though, Hawes would probably fit better into a some what of a fast break game better than Hib because he can run the floor better - longer than Hibbert.

Fazekas isn't nearly close to a Lottery pick, hell he isn't even a first round pick from most mock drafts. He is a sleeper though, and I have mentioned him before, he'd go along great with either one of those big men because that'd give them more room to go 1 on 1, and it'd give Nick a chance to step out to Deng's range and hit open jumpers.

Just think of that - Deng and Nick setting up shop on either side of the court from 15 feet. Hibbert or Hawes down low going 1 on 1, which both could overpower 75% of the posts in the league already. Then having Kirk and Gordon move the ball around from side to side - offensive game would go sky high and everyone would be getting better looks. Then not only would teams have to worry about scoring on the Bulls, but they'd have to worry about stopping the Bulls from scoring. That is if the Bulls are able to get Hibbert or Hawes, Nick (44th overall or something like that), then picking up possible DJ Strawberry or Glen Davis just go give us an engery player, and just by Skiles style I think he'd love that draft.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:12 PM   #10
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Brendan Haywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex (Arrival)
This is ridiculous.

You always find a way to make me laugh Alex. Magic draft kool-aid? At times I wonder if you even like the Bulls. Trade the 9 pick for someone who has never averaged over 10 points or 7 rebounds per game in a season? The Bulls are not the Knicks. They don't pay someone $5 million or more to come off the bench for 20 minutes or less a game. He hasn't proved anything in his career, and hasn't given anyone a reason to believe he ever will. He probably wouldn't even get 20 minutes a game on this team. Malik and Sweetney combined didn't get 20 min/game.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #11
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

yea id never trade the 9th pick 4 haywood.

maybe a second round pick
Old 05-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #12
dak121
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller42590
yea id never trade the 9th pick 4 haywood.

maybe a second round pick

I wouldn't even trade a 2nd rounder for him. Just sign Magloire, who won't cost you a draft pick and is actually a better player.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:47 AM   #13
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
I wouldn't even trade a 2nd rounder for him. Just sign Magloire, who won't cost you a draft pick and is actually a better player.

yea i know that 2 im saying go 4 haywood if we couldnt get anyone good.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:13 PM   #14
idizzle
Good college starter

I would take Jerome James before I take Brendan Haywood.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #15
MustangDoug
Saw a basketball once

I couldn't see Scott Skiles having much patience with Haywood. Also, I don't think Haywood is enough of an improvement over Sweetney do make any real difference. We'll have a better idea what Chicago will do after the lottery. Unless it is a top 3 pick, I don't think the Bulls would hang onto the pick.
MustangDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: