Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-09-2006, 03:00 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Should the Bulls trade Ben Gordon?

Should the Bulls trade Ben Gordon? Or keep him?

If we should trade him, what kind of player should come back in return?

What do you like about BG and what don't you like?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

To trade Ben Gordon you better be getting somethig special in return.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:49 AM   #3
albertpujols
Serious playground baller

I think he is currently way too valuable to be traded.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:54 AM   #4
Jazz Rockets all the way
Saw a basketball once

hell yes u need him quite badly but i dunno but duhon, i think u could get sum1 good
Jazz Rockets all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:25 AM   #5
jn2rons
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertpujols
I think he is currently way too valuable to be traded.

I agree...and too cheap, as well. The deal would be as lopsided as hell. Unless we could get Boshf or him + next years #1
jn2rons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:17 AM   #6
lollol604
Learning to shoot layups

keep him and see how the season turns out
lollol604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:47 AM   #7
vmdv12
I usually hit open layups

Default BG

Well, they traded away their top scorers over the past couple years. First it was Rose, then Crawford and last year Curry. All 3 were our leading scorers, BUT all 3 couldn't play defense! That's the key. Gordon is tough to guard, especially when he's on. He comes around picks fast and tight. He has a good burst to his first step. Even when he's off, teams can't lay off for the chance he could get hot and a 10 point lead is gone in less than a minute. The problem is on the defensive end. He's better, WAY better than his first year, but he's not good enough yet. Most importantly, his lack of D leaves Hinrich to defend Shooting Guards while Gordon gets the easier matchup. If Gordon's D improves as much as it did from year one to two, then maybe he'll be good enough to guard 2's. Lastly .....there is one thing that Gordon can do that you just can't teach. Something that guys in the league averaging 20+ can't even do. He is CLUTCH! This man is an assassin in the clutch! You just can't teach that and it's hard to trade a guy that gives you a chance at victory when other guys can't offer the same. If he gets traded, who shoots the jumper for the Bulls when the game is on the line? Go Bulls!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:07 AM   #8
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default adf

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
Well, they traded away their top scorers over the past couple years. First it was Rose, then Crawford and last year Curry. All 3 were our leading scorers, BUT all 3 couldn't play defense! That's the key. Gordon is tough to guard, especially when he's on. He comes around picks fast and tight. He has a good burst to his first step. Even when he's off, teams can't lay off for the chance he could get hot and a 10 point lead is gone in less than a minute. The problem is on the defensive end. He's better, WAY better than his first year, but he's not good enough yet. Most importantly, his lack of D leaves Hinrich to defend Shooting Guards while Gordon gets the easier matchup. If Gordon's D improves as much as it did from year one to two, then maybe he'll be good enough to guard 2's. Lastly .....there is one thing that Gordon can do that you just can't teach. Something that guys in the league averaging 20+ can't even do. He is CLUTCH! This man is an assassin in the clutch! You just can't teach that and it's hard to trade a guy that gives you a chance at victory when other guys can't offer the same. If he gets traded, who shoots the jumper for the Bulls when the game is on the line? Go Bulls!

Kirk "Captain Kirk/Jewish Assassin/Jason Biggs" Hinrich
Old 06-12-2006, 02:26 AM   #9
albertpujols
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
Kirk "Captain Kirk/Jewish Assassin/Jason Biggs" Hinrich

Cool, he has that much nicknames? He is Jewish?
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:18 PM   #10
Lightemup43
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn2rons
I agree...and too cheap, as well. The deal would be as lopsided as hell. Unless we could get Boshf or him + next years #1

Lets be honest here, Ben Gorden is good but this idea is way to out there. Bosh is the cornerstone of the raptors and is already and allstar. There is no way they would give up a player of that caliber and next years number 1.

Secondly, I'm torn on this subject. I love him as a player ever since his high school games against Poughkeepsie but I'm not sure where he fits in with the Bulls. Obviously skiles isn't too high on him because Skiles walks around with a stick up his ... He's small and so is Kurt, you almost need to get bigger at the two guard. I also think you could get a pretty solid player for Gorden.

What if you traded him for a top 5 pick and try to get Brandon Roy and Aldridge or the kid from LSU... Duhon could step in while Brandon develops and you get a big guy with potential. Maybe its wishful thinking but who knows?
Lightemup43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:33 PM   #11
Unregistered

trade gordon and chandler for yao and swift. we're kinda getting ripped off, but yao is alright.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:40 PM   #12
Lightemup43
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
trade gordon and chandler for yao and swift. we're kinda getting ripped off, but yao is alright.

Houston would be getting ripped on that one... Yao is a very good center and was the best center in the league for a while before he broke his foot.

I like swift, I just dont know if he belongs in houston... he may be a nice fit for the bulls
Old 06-12-2006, 02:48 PM   #13
Unregistered

rockets also add the 8th pick, and we give away duhon
Old 06-12-2006, 02:53 PM   #14
Lightemup43
Saw a basketball once

It would be very nice as a bulls fan but The Rockets will not be giving up YAO for a long time... Its not to often that 7'6 guys come along who arent stiffs
Old 06-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #15
Unregistered

but duhon has potential to be john stockton.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: