Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #16
Legends66NBA7
Apex

Default Re: How legit are the Golden State Warriors?

What's with the Stephen Curry "finally healthy" stuff ?

He had one season where he was missed a chunk of games and that was the lockout season. He's been relatively healthy from his previous seasons and I don't believe his ankle will give him that much problems if he's trained to keep it stronger.

Yes, this Golden State Warriors team is pretty legit and will only get better if Bogut (a true injury prone player) returns to the team at top form.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #17
Cali Syndicate
well, well, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
What's with the Stephen Curry "finally healthy" stuff ?

He had one season where he was missed a chunk of games and that was the lockout season. He's been relatively healthy from his previous seasons and I don't believe his ankle will give him that much problems if he's trained to keep it stronger.

Yes, this Golden State Warriors team is pretty legit and will only get better if Bogut (a true injury prone player) returns to the team at top form.

He rolled/sprained his ankle 7 times throughout his sophomore season(10-11). He didn't miss any significant number of games but he was hobbling for most of the season. Had surgery to strengthen the ligament on the following off-season. This was his worst injury filled season of his career so far.

Last season sat the majority of the season after rolling his ankle a handful of times. Had surgery again but a minor one. I'm like 85% sure he could have played through it but Warriors were apparently fixed on tanking.

He's been a lot more cautious this season. But outside of his rookie season and this season so far, he's been playing on a tender ankle.
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #18
Legends66NBA7
Apex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
He rolled/sprained his ankle 7 times throughout his sophomore season(10-11). He didn't miss any significant number of games but he was hobbling for most of the season. Had surgery to strengthen the ligament on the following off-season. This was his worst injury filled season of his career so far.

Last season sat the majority of the season after rolling his ankle a handful of times. Had surgery again but a minor one. I'm like 85% sure he could have played through it but Warriors were apparently fixed on tanking.

He's been a lot more cautious this season. But outside of his rookie season and this season so far, he's been playing on a tender ankle.

Well, maybe it's a nagging injury, but I wouldn't say he's prone to be on the injured list all the time. And since the Warriors are in the contention for the playoffs, might as well be cautious but play all out.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #19
Cali Syndicate
well, well, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
Well, maybe it's a nagging injury, but I wouldn't say he's prone to be on the injured list all the time. And since the Warriors are in the contention for the playoffs, might as well be cautious but play all out.

When he rolled his ankle the first 2 or three times, he should have really let it heal. Probably would've missed a month or two but at least it would've have gotten to the point where he needed structural strengthening surgery.

I think his skill set can take him a long way. Just needs to make sure he's able bodied. If the Warriors can stay injury free with a good return from Bogut, I like where this team's headed.
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: