Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Why do liberals defend Islam?

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    That's my point. Why defend them, yet constantly attack conservatives and christians? Go to a bakery in a muslim country under sharia law and ask them to bake you some kind of LGBT themed cake and see what happens.

Liberals don't think like that. They are self-loathing people who will just tell you that what happens in the Middle East is part of that culture. Utter insanity.

Banned

It is the liberal logic fallacy-

To a liberal, if someone comes from a group they consider "underprivileged", that person is automatically assumed to always morally be considered in the right compared to someone of a "privileged" group, who is always in the wrong.

IE if someone was gay, they can't be a bigot and they can do no wrong.
    if someone is black, they can't be racist and they can do no wrong. If they do something wrong, it's because the system failed them, and they should be absolved of blame.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 12-03-2015 at 01:42 PM.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    That's my point. Why defend them, yet constantly attack conservatives and christians? Go to a bakery in a muslim country under sharia law and ask them to bake you some kind of LGBT themed cake and see what happens.
    Liberals don't agree with many of the beliefs of Islam and will fight against those negative things when they present themselves. But they also believe that people shouldn't be grouped together and assume all from that group are bad. When they see people bashing Muslim people as a whole, that is a negative thing they will speak out against. Unfortunately they can fall in the same trap of generalizing conservatives and Christians, but most when given a moment to think, will say it is that kind of mindset they dislike and not actually all conservatives and Christians.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Town's Town
    Liberals don't agree with many of the beliefs of Islam and will fight against those negative things when they present themselves. But they also believe that people shouldn't be grouped together and assume all from that group are bad. When they see people bashing Muslim people as a whole, that is a negative thing they will speak out against. Unfortunately they can fall in the same trap of generalizing conservatives and Christians, but most when given a moment to think, will say it is that kind of mindset they dislike and not actually all conservatives and Christians.
    Not really though. I never see liberals speaking out against the misogynistic practices in Islamic cultures.

They are afraid to call out Muslims on anything.

Because to a liberal, Muslims are an "oppressed minoriteh"

Except they aren't really, they're the second biggest religion in the world, and also the fastest growing out of all the major religions.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Not really though. I never see liberals speaking out against the misogynistic practices in Islamic cultures.

They are afraid to call out Muslims on anything.

Because to a liberal, Muslims are an "oppressed minoriteh"

Except they aren't really, they're the second biggest religion in the world, and also the fastest growing out of all the major religions.
    Liberals are also more likely to keep focus on our own country. It is conservatives that tend to push getting involved with other countries. But when Muslims are openly oppressing the LGBTQ in the US, liberals do defend what they believe is right. I think that comes down to a belief of where they think they can make a difference without simply starting war. Liberals also care about starving children in other countries, but you don't see them pushing for welfare programs for other countries, just welfare in the US.
    Last edited by Town's Town; 12-03-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Banned

Liberals are also more likely to keep focus on our own country. It is conservatives that tend to push getting involved with other countries. But when Muslims are openly oppressing the LGBTQ in the US, liberals do defend what they believe is right. I think that comes down to a belief of where they think they can make a difference without simply starting war. Liberals also care about starving children in other countries, but you don't see them pushing for welfare programs for other countries, just welfare in the US.
    Actually, they are constantly pushing for us to take in refugees from other countries and to spend American tax money giving these people from other countries free stuff-it's almost like a....dare I say it....welfare program!

Very good NBA starter

Because Liberals don't bath in their ignorance and stupidity like Republicans and Conservatives do. They understand complexity and employ critical thinking. Liberals don't "defend" Islam as much as they realize how idiotic it is to make blanket statements about 1.7 billion people.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Actually, they are constantly pushing for us to take in refugees from other countries and to spend American tax money giving these people from other countries free stuff-it's almost like a....dare I say it....welfare program!
    Well maybe that falls in the "where they think they can make a difference" category.

Banned

Well maybe that falls in the "where they think they can make a difference" category.
    They can't make a difference fighting against institutional misogyny and homophobia in Saudi Arabia?

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Because Liberals don't bath in their ignorance and stupidity like Republicans and Conservatives do. They understand complexity and employ critical thinking. Liberals don't "defend" Islam as much as they realize how idiotic it is to make blanket statements about 1.7 billion people.

Last edited by StephHamann; 12-03-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Tell me I'm wrong about Republicans and Conservatives. Just read the garbage that the candidates leading in the polls say. The right wing proudly flies their ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Tell me I'm wrong about Republicans and Conservatives. Just read the garbage that the candidates leading in the polls say. The right wing proudly flies their ignorance.
    Stop making blanket statements about people.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Well they are retarded, shouldnt be defending any religion, its the 21st century ffs

THIS

One poster has sense here.

Islam, Christianity, shit is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Also, liberals cry sexism or whatever the buzz word is this week, but they know women in Muslim countries are treated as slaves and property.
    Actually, that is a fallacy. Indonesia which has the highest population of Muslims, doesn't treat women as slaves or property. There are a few countries where they are, Saudis and Pakistanis and for the most part, a lot of Arab countries I agree, they do treat women like garbage. You can't make a statement like that because it is only partly true.

It is not supposed to be that way. I don't know the exact quote but the Prophet was asked who is the most deserving person of our love, he answered your mother 3 straight times and then his 4th answer was your father. Also, believe he said something to imply that Heaven is under our mother's feet. So we are indeed supposed to respect women. (This does not mean we don't respect someone who is not our mother or a woman who has no kids).

InB4 a NickYoung reply that I won't read

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Actually, that is a fallacy. Indonesia which has the highest population of Muslims, doesn't treat women as slaves or property. There are a few countries where they are, Saudis and Pakistanis and for the most part, a lot of Arab countries I agree, they do treat women like garbage. You can't make a statement like that because it is only partly true.

It is not supposed to be that way. I don't know the exact quote but the Prophet was asked who is the most deserving person of our love, he answered your mother 3 straight times and then his 4th answer was your father. Also, believe he said something to imply that Heaven is under our mother's feet. So we are indeed supposed to respect women. (This does not mean we don't respect someone who is not our mother or a woman who has no kids).

InB4 a NickYoung reply that I won't read

Google search "womens rights in Indonesia"

Top result: "Indonesian women’s rights under siege"

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinion...eofficers.html

btw Imdaman - I have no vendetta against Islam (I have an equal problem with extreme Christianity and any organized religion tbh) and I respect your rights and beliefs but I am going to call out something when I see it.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 12-03-2015 at 04:08 PM.