Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-29-2006, 11:06 PM   #1
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far
Default Sam Cassell

If the Lakers offered him 2 years at the full MLE, there's a good chance he would sign on the dotted line.

He is a proven veteran who can mentor Farmar, our point guard of the future. He's a leader and Kobe wants him.

Opinions please.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:24 PM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
If the Lakers offered him 2 years at the full MLE, there's a good chance he would sign on the dotted line.

He is a proven veteran who can mentor Farmar, our point guard of the future. He's a leader and Kobe wants him.

Opinions please.

Definitely no argument on whether we would like him as a Laker... however, as i understand it, the Clippers are prepared to offer him more than the MLE and he is also meeting with Denver... Perhaps the sticking point is a two-year contract which he wants???? It should be interesting.

He would add leadership for sure!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:18 AM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Definitely no argument on whether we would like him as a Laker... however, as i understand it, the Clippers are prepared to offer him more than the MLE and he is also meeting with Denver... Perhaps the sticking point is a two-year contract which he wants???? It should be interesting.

He would add leadership for sure!

They dont want to offer him more than 1 year though.

The clippers could offer him just a little more than the MLE.

Lakers I am positive can offer him a 2 year 10 million dollar contract.

Sounds familiar (vlade Divac)
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:30 AM   #4
The Juice
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Juice has an OK reputation so far

Cassel is the ugliest man in the nba.... no, i'll just say guard cause dj mbenga is pretty nauseating. i'm a little shaky on being happy if he signed with us, yeah it would raise our talent level, but it would force lamar to hide even more with two guards who can eaisly shoot 20-25 shots a game, each. So, unless we trade lamar, i don't see us adding cassel.
The Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:36 AM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
They dont want to offer him more than 1 year though.

The clippers could offer him just a little more than the MLE.

Lakers I am positive can offer him a 2 year 10 million dollar contract.

Sounds familiar (vlade Divac)

I heard the clips were going to offer cassel $6.1M and an option for the second year? Im not positive if thats correct in the rumor mill, but I thought I read that.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:26 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juice
Cassel is the ugliest man in the nba.... no, i'll just say guard cause dj mbenga is pretty nauseating. i'm a little shaky on being happy if he signed with us, yeah it would raise our talent level, but it would force lamar to hide even more with two guards who can eaisly shoot 20-25 shots a game, each. So, unless we trade lamar, i don't see us adding cassel.

Cassel though averages like 7 assists per game. Im sure Lamar will score with cassel but he might have to scarifice a bit.

However Cassel was with Nash for a few months and look at Nash now.

Also Cassel helped Shaun Livingston out.

Im sure that Cassel can get Jordan to play with a high level too.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:36 PM   #7
LakeWalton
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LakeWalton has an OK reputation so far

Adding Cassell would be smart...
veteran leadership
experience with the triangle
second scorer

but defense slacks
and has back issues

and to those of you who say he'll mentor Farmar?
they have two different games
its like turning Lemonade into Water.

Personally, i think he's using the Lakers as bait to put the price up on the Clippers
LakeWalton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: