Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Fire Mike Brown!!!!!!

I'm using the power of my beautiful new red dot....lol, to say what must be said, It doesn't matter who we get on this team if we have a video coordinator as a head coach.....he may as well be the janitor.....I suspect the janitor could do a better job. Him at coach is like giving the best race car to a drivers ed student and expecting to win the biggest race of the year........not gonna happen, no how, no way. Hate this if you want.....defend Brown all you want but I told all of you the day they hired him that he was not a real coach, I said even the biggest homer/defender would eventually see the obvious......the time is now.....I am beyond done!!!! I thought I heard something about the players hating the new offense....no shock there!!! It is time guys, it is time!!!!!

(Since kk has a Sith Lightsaber of red as someone called it, does this mean he has more power than me??? )

Default Re: Fire Mike Brown!!!!!!

Its sad, who in the right mind thought it would be smart to stick with coach Brown, I mean really...the man is stupid as hell. I'd rather have our assistant Eddie Jordan run the team than Mike Brown. Nate McMillan, Jerry Sloan, Mike D'antoni, Jeff Van Gundy, and Flip Saunders are all available. Some of those names aren't exactly first ballot coaches, but ANY of them would do over Brown. McMillan, Sloan, and JVG would do good with this Laker team imo.

NBA sixth man of the year

I've seen just about enough of this clown of a coach, Mike Brown. First off I'm sure he had a big say in why the Lakers didn't sign Leandro Barbosa and cut Chris Douglas Roberts (the guy who avged 17ppg a few seasons ago). Look at what Barbosa did tonight against the Heat, 16 points on 6-7 shooting all in the 4th quarter alone. Miami had no answer for him. How the hell do you not sign the guy? He's a 39% 3pt FG shooter for his career and had a hell of an Olympics for Brazil. How much of a no-brainer is that?

With such a terrible bench, you'd think his dumbass would be a lot smarter and keep or get guys that can actually score for the 2nd unit. Instead no, we're stuck with Steve ****ing Blake who can't even avoid spike strips while walking in the parking lot at the mall and Jamison at the 3 spot when Barnes was cut for the SOLE purpose of letting Ebanks take his spot. Not only did Ebanks not play tonight, World Peace played 36 minutes as the SF, nice rotation dude

The team as it stands is not championship calibur. You think back to the last two championships, they had wings that could actually run, defend, were versatile and be explosive, guys like Odom, Ariza, even Shannon Brown. Now you got slow old guys like MWP and Jamison, and Ebanks who doesn't even get playing time.

Not only that, you force Steve Nash, a guy who has played small ball his entire career to walk it up the court with a prime Dwight Howard. He loses all of his magic when you force him to play a half court game, that's why the Suns could never get passed the Spurs in the playoffs. Mike Brown doesn't know how to utilize his player's strengths. Give him free reign to run all the pick n rolls he wants, you can lie to the media but not to real fans that watch the game.

God, I have not seen a coach as bad as this guy in all my days. Spare me the optimistic crap, I've had enough of seeing this guy running the Laker's franchise and Kobe's last days into the ground.

Fire Mike Brown as soon as possible. This so called "hybrid" Princeton offense looks more like a prince ton of shit to me.

Ok, who out there is a better replacement at the moment?

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kobesabi
    There is 1 coaching god out there jobless... Call him & get the ring collection process start

Quote Originally Posted by kobesabi

Home of the 16

DK ... stop this non-sense. You got connections right? why don't you tell them lol

Local High School Star

i dont know as much about coaching as some of you but my feeling last year told me to hire Rick Adelman. And with the additions of Nash and D12 it really sucks the Lakers didnt hire Adelman, because he is really good at using every players' strengths.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

He is unbearably bad. Its almost awe-inspiring. Either he is a genius interviewer or Jim Buss is an abysmal one. I'm amazed he talked his way into this job.

Im gonna ask to either make this, or the other thread for Mike Brown priority. One more Mike Brown thread and I begin to have to either lock, or delete...or whatever you get the picture.

Noone should have expected to see this team come out and play like they've been together for years. Because they haven't.

They had a good first half, melted in the second half.

lets look at some of these problems of what happened in the game.

1) Free throw shooting. If you think this wasn't a problem, then there's an even bigger problem lol. No one player should ever go 3/14. Psychologically that can change the momentum of the game.

The more missed free throws and dry spells that happened, it gave Dallas more time to figure things out.

2) The defense was terrible. I actually am sad to have to say this, but Bynum was a much stronger inside presence than Dwight. You can see Curry and Brand, two big guys, giving Dwight a hard time. We knew to expect this. They're just going to have to figure something else out.

Im not saying coaching great. There were great moments and there were bad moments. the bad moments unfortunately happened in the second half. Did we get outcoached? ABsolutely. Carlisle is a great coach, with great new players.

Anyways one last time im asking. No more MB threads. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Im gonna ask to either make this, or the other thread for Mike Brown priority. One more Mike Brown thread and I begin to have to either lock, or delete...or whatever you get the picture.

Noone should have expected to see this team come out and play like they've been together for years. Because they haven't.

They had a good first half, melted in the second half.

lets look at some of these problems of what happened in the game.

1) Free throw shooting. If you think this wasn't a problem, then there's an even bigger problem lol. No one player should ever go 3/14. Psychologically that can change the momentum of the game.

The more missed free throws and dry spells that happened, it gave Dallas more time to figure things out.

2) The defense was terrible. I actually am sad to have to say this, but Bynum was a much stronger inside presence than Dwight. You can see Curry and Brand, two big guys, giving Dwight a hard time. We knew to expect this. They're just going to have to figure something else out.

Im not saying coaching great. There were great moments and there were bad moments. the bad moments unfortunately happened in the second half. Did we get outcoached? ABsolutely. Carlisle is a great coach, with great new players.

Anyways one last time im asking. No more MB threads. Thanks.
    With all due respect Lakerfreak, THIS thread is direct and to the point, it is straight up FIRE MIKE BROWN!!!!! no thread about his offense or defense, it is flat out we don't want to wait, we don't want to discuss.......we just want that useless S.O.B gone and don't give a damn where he goes as long as he goes. Now if you think any thread can articulate that point better than Fire Mike Brown.....then go for it. We don't want no damn excuses, no lame reasons and none of this wait and see crap.
    I seriously question the basketball I.Q of anyone who thinks this guy is a decent head coach. This supremely talented team needs at least a good coach.
    Did you guys hear him speak in any interviews last night?
    The guy is as dumb as dirt, an intelligent basketball thought never comes out of his mouth......this all goes back to the drunk who hired him in the first place......Jimmy. If he's a responsible owner he will pull the plug before this thing gets worse. Hey, the L.A Kings just won the championship after they fired their coach during the season......no reason on earth we can't do the same. Lucky for you I didn't have any booze or it might have said Fk Mike Brown....lol.
    Lakerfreak....word to the wise....don't attempt to defend MB this year.
    "Carslile is a great coach with great new players"

(Hey??? What happened to my red dot......I had more jokes to use )

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    I'm using the power of my beautiful new red dot....lol, to say what must be said, It doesn't matter who we get on this team if we have a video coordinator as a head coach.....he may as well be the janitor.....I suspect the janitor could do a better job. Him at coach is like giving the best race car to a drivers ed student and expecting to win the biggest race of the year........not gonna happen, no how, no way. Hate this if you want.....defend Brown all you want but I told all of you the day they hired him that he was not a real coach, I said even the biggest homer/defender would eventually see the obvious......the time is now.....I am beyond done!!!! I thought I heard something about the players hating the new offense....no shock there!!! It is time guys, it is time!!!!!

(Since kk has a Sith Lightsaber of red as someone called it, does this mean he has more power than me??? )

Its time to give Nash the keys to the offense. That's the adjustment. I hope also that Mike Brown gives less minutes to Metta and puts Meeks on the court with Nash and Bryant more. Meeks is ready to hoop on people. Those are the adjustments this team needs to make.

Local High School Star

we should keep this thread for DKLaker, he could use it as outlet. because he will have to suffer for a long time. i dont see MB being fired any time soon.

Home of the 16

To be honest .. I'm really not diggin Mike Brown and his Princeton offense. smh

I had a coach in highschool that ran a F***** up system and had us spend 5-10 seconds up in half court. The point guard was like right near the logo and would either pass it to the SG or SF thats in both sides of the floor and if they couldn't find an opening they would pass it back to the PG. STUPID ASS SYSTEM. I wanted to yell at him for running this system, but I just couldn't. And I dont think I would be calm enough to talk to him about it. Sometimes the PG would get called for a backcourt violation. smh.

I F****** ran a pick & roll and he chewed my ass out for doin that ... sayin I have to run his plays. dude was weird as F***.

Google search "Mannheim Bisons" surprised the Womens made it to 1st place. THATS CUZ HE WASNT COACHING THEM.

This is what Kobe must been feeling for the past year. I remember when Mike Brown called a timeout when Kobe was about to do his thing. Which game was that?

Thank god for Martial Arts ... fighting in January.

Just sharin it to my Laker fam.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 10-31-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Not airballing my layups anymore Da Kobester's Avatar

FU.CK THIS SLOW DOWN PRINCETON OFFENSE COZ LAST I CHECKED THEY NEVER WON A NCAA TITLE! It doesn't fit the style of our high profiled superstars on this team so with that said FIRE MIKE BROWN AND EDDIE JORDAN!!! I am pissed and was SCREAMING watching the game on my MY NEW 55' plasma high def tv purchased 3 weeks ago in time to see this year's lakers to bring home the championship but instead this ignorant s.o.b coach mike brown and his ASS.istant coach eddie jordan aka "The thief of baghdad" is going to steal our most promising season away from us if we continue utilizing this slow down b.s. princeton scheme!

Let's dissect this princeton offense a bit shall we? Fact of the matter our players look confused and don't look comfortable with it doesn't matter if its our first game in october or 35th game in january coz the bottom line is it's downright atrocious! I find this to be disastrous in the long run averaging fewer points then last years team w/97 ppg's with our athletes getting off fewer field goal attempts (77) against our opponents mavs (85) when we have 4 of the top 20 players in this league starting for us. Furthermore don't hold your breaths for the lakers to make a run coz once you get in a slow mo reaction it negates the possibilities of our athletes to get energized and utilize their best strengths on offense thus leaving them flat throughout. Last I checked percentage wise the team with the most FGA's wins not fewer then their opponents giving them a chance to be in ball games or eventually up their leads to double digits leaving us in dire strait situations when we should be putting most of our opponents away and setting the pace of the game!