Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Adjustments Magic have to make going into game 3 vs Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by bhallic24
    yea I mean at this point, reddick has proven he can and should get minutes. But the key is still the bigs. Rashard lewis should be playing 0 minutes at PF. Bass and Gortat own that spot. If SVG starts Lewis at the 4 next game, I might as well turn the game off bc we all know the result.
    I'd give Rashard maybe at most 5 minutes and see how well he does, but I won't start him. I would start Bass, and see how Rashard reacts. If that makes him work harder, then I will be able to see that through his game.

Stop taking too many 3s when you aren't so hot on it. If you live by the 3s...you die by it also...you can't last long with that in a 7 game series. Drive more...

Oh, tell superman to fly in and dunk those ball...don't let the GREEN Kryptonites get him.
    Last edited by kobesabi; 05-19-2010 at 02:07 AM.

Learning to shoot layups

i say get nelson out of the game. hes a horrible point guard. hes not pass first, which is what the magic need. case in point, end of the game, carter wide open to his right, lewis with a look at the basket to the left, and instead he shoots it. ive seen him fail to throw passes out of the pick and role to open shooters, or just fail to give howard the ball when he needs it. run this lineup: howard, bass/gortat, lewis at 3, VC, williams. rotate barnes, nelson (on 6th man duties), and reddick into that lineup. as much as i love pietrus, hes played like crap.

the one problem with bass though, is that he tends to be a black hole with the ball. he shoots it 95% of the time. if hes doing that bench him, and get gortat in there.

and god damnit howard needs to GO STRAIGHT UP WITH THE BALL. he's always bringing it down to gather and go up strong to dunk, but that gives his defenders a chance to 1) recover, 2) swipe at the ball, 3) foul him. id argue he had a high scoring game more because he was making his free throws then actual fg attempts.

It's funny how people here praise Jameer Nelson last week before the series start that he's playing healthy and how he will be the problem for the Celtics. Now, it seems like there's a change of tune and now people are hating on him for being a horrible PG

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    It's funny how people here praise Jameer Nelson last week before the series start that he's playing healthy and how he will be the problem for the Celtics. Now, it seems like there's a change of tune and now people are hating on him for being a horrible PG
    Who was the idiot who said Jameer Nelson would cancel out with Rondo in the series?

Start Gortat at PF, he was huge off the bench, and could play alongside Dwight nicely.

Give more time for Reddick, outside one dumbheaded play in the last game, he was their best player after Howard. Deadly shooter, hustle guy (one possession he got like 3(!) offensive rebounds).

Start Lewis at SF off the bench, at least he could shoot over Pierce, Lewis has no chance vs Garnett.

Move the ball more, look at what Celtics are doing - few extra passes leads to wide open looks, while Magic more often than not had to hit difficult shots. They actually do this from time to time, but they need always play like this, not several times per game only.

Just these changes would make Magic much more competitive, and maybe even tip the scales to their side, lets see how SVG adjusts.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

If Vince made both his free throws and jj called a timeout correctly, the magic would undoubtably win that game... but w/e time for game 3.

But for game 3 these are the things that need to happen.
    1. don't give dwight the ball in the post...everyone has said it..the magic WILL not win like that
    2.rashard needs to score or sit.
    3.jameer needs to be an actual pg and make some plays.

If the magic do that they give themselves another chance to win..i mean they have been playing poorly and had 2 great chances to win these last two games...celtics just got a little bit lucky

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    If Vince made both his free throws and jj called a timeout correctly, the magic would undoubtably win that game... but w/e time for game 3.

But for game 3 these are the things that need to happen.
    1. don't give dwight the ball in the post...everyone has said it..the magic WILL not win like that
    2.rashard needs to score or sit.
    3.jameer needs to be an actual pg and make some plays.

If the magic do that they give themselves another chance to win..i mean they have been playing poorly and had 2 great chances to win these last two games...celtics just got a little bit lucky

I couldnt agree more...

I would probably start Gortat and Williams,,, bring nelson and rashard off the bench
    Rashard has been fkn terrible, has he forgotten how to shoot???

If they're not doubling dwight definitely stop feeding him in the post, and maybe give BRANDON BASS some minutes!!!!! The guy is a hustler, is money from 12 to 15 ft and loves to dunk

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I'm not too keen on figuring out how to beat the team I'm supporting this postseason...but I'll go. This will be longing.

People really want to hop on Rashard Lewis' lack of offense right now, but ya'll need to remember that he's being defended by a healthy, hungry, championship-obsessed Kevin Garnett. That's not sucky Antawn Jamison defending him in the post anymore. The only way this guy is going to get the open 3's he needs to put the big points up against this Celtics team is on offensive rebounds and rare KG defensive lapses. Otherwise, the best thing he can contribute is to continue to limit KG's offense.

Vince. He choked last night...every NBA player with a big name has to suffer through this at some point, unfortunately. I doubt he's going to do that again this series. However, the pouting...the towel throwing...the pointing and shaking his head...this guy is a playoff veteran who should be bringing leadership and poise to his teammates and he's acting like a whiny kid right now. That's going to hurt you more over the next two games if he can't square it away. Man up, Vince.

Howard...I said on this board that the Magic were going to do everything but move the f*cking moon to win this game. This was the only guy who seemed to adjust his game to try and do just that. What an offensive explosion for him...he still wasn't getting his favorite spots, but he was putting big shots in for them. Also...he took a f*cking beating last night with the fouls....but he got up there and made a good percentage of his free throws. And he's still the defensive anchor out there. Unfortunately, he might have to score 30 a night from this point forward if the Celtics D keeps playing like this.

Nelson seems lost when he gets to the middle and doesn't have a guy wide open waiting to shoot a three.

You guys need more Jason Williams, Marcin Gortat and JJ Redick...if the starters aren't getting it done. Yeah Redick bone-headed in a huge moment last night...it happens. Forgive the guy because he's currently your best defensive option to keep Ray Allen as non-existent as he's been so far this series. You don't want Ray waking up if you're an Orlando fan...you really don't.

Being down 2-0 going on the road is a hard place to be, but the Magic have won 4 games on the road already these playoffs. I hope to Christ my Celtics keep the intensity up because there's no other way to beat this team on Saturday. They're not going to quit on their season, so neither should we.

There is no adjustments they can make. They are fucked

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bballer
    There is no adjustments they can make. They are fucked
    Of coarse the Magic can make adjustments...Have they been blown out this series..no they have been beaten by four points and three points, and if your nit-picky like me you can argue that the Magic should be 2-0.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Adjustments Magic have to make?

Start preparing for the off season

Well there's nothing you can do after losing two home games. Simply wait and see if the Celtics make mistakes as the Rockets did in 2005, which I doubt will ever happen.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Play Redick, bench Barnes, do not let Rashard matchup with KG.

Nelson / Redick / VC / Gortat / Howard
    with JWill, Pietrus, Lewis rotating the 3 main bench spots.

Good college starter Agent_Zero's Avatar

Default Re: Adjustments Magic have to make?

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Start Williams. Seriously. True PG who will pass first. This isn't the Jason Williams of old who chucked up ridiculous three's. He takes shots when no one else is open. Nelson is cold.

No more Shard at the 4 spot.

More Gortat and Howard in at the same time.

Less minutes for Carter if he's missing shots early. More minutes for Redick.

What do they have to lose? Some of these switch outs actually worked in their favor quite a bit tonight.
    agreed...they need to shake it up if want a chance at grabbing a win in boston.