Banned

Default Silent Hills is officially cancelled

After how great P.T was I'm now sad

Default Re: Silent Hills is officially cancelled

Two things about this.

1. If this is canceled that means development hasn't really started yet. Konami has no problem at all with releasing shitty SH games, so it's not like they would let a bunch of developed game go to waste.

2. There's absolutely nothing stopping Del Toro and Kojima if they actually want to make a scary game together.

So I don't feel so bad about this, because I think if Kojima really wants to do it, he will do it. And if he didn't really want to do it, the project probably wouldn't have turned out that great anyway.

If you have PT installed on your ps4, they are selling for $1000 - $1500 on ebay.

straight_ballin..... turning frowns upside down one day at a time.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

IGN: Silent Hills' Kojima, Del Toro Still Plan to Work on New Project

In an interview with IGN, del Toro said, "I love working with Kojima-san. We are still in touch. We are still friends and working into doing something together, but that’s not going to be [Silent Hills]."

Guillermo del Toro also detailed a bit about what Silent Hills -- though still very early in the development process -- could have been.

"We were in the planning stages, and it’s a shame it’s not going to happen," del Toro said. "We were talking about really pushing the boundaries of the new consoles, and making the game really mess with your head. One of the great moments in Metal Gear [Solid] was Psycho Mantis. The idea that a game can actually interact with you, and stuff like that."

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

So glad my friends told me about P.T.

I've had it sitting unplayed on my PS4 since last year, and only now just heard it was the demo to Silent Hills, with a cast of Kojima, del Toro and Reedus. That game would have been insane.

Have to play it soon.
    Last edited by ImmortalNemesis; 07-31-2015 at 10:05 PM.