Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 04-24-2017, 06:57 PM   #1
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Default NBA Draft 2017

Ok guys - probably that time of the year to start looking at the prospects in the Draft we might be looking at / wishing for.

Believe it or not, we have another high mid range pick (because we haven't been here before............. ! )

Looking like #12 or there abouts, so which players should we be targeting / hoping to fall?...

I would assume that we will sign KCP long term, which means that we will have C and SG (Dre + KCP) locked in to those spots. I am still hoping Stanley takes the reigns for us at SF, and he still is not even close to reaching his potential so I doubt we look for another prospect there.

So to me, I am hoping, that one of the top 5 PG's fall to us to eventually take over from Reggie. Fultz, Ball and Fox will not fall past the top 6. Which leaves Smith and Ntilikina. I would LOVE either of them, but highly, highly doubt either will be available at #12 (although Draftnet has Ntilikina currently going to us at #12).
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:16 PM   #2
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: NBA Draft 2017

Interesting article. The Pistons are one of only two teams in the league without a top 5 pick on their roster.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/...-5-pick-roster

I've said all these years that we've sucked that the Pistons needed to suck worse. The same goes for this year. This is the worst place in the league to be stuck at. Without knowing much about him other than some stuff on the internet so far I'm hoping Ntilikina will fall to us. I think it could be a long shot. PG is a position that every team wants. It's what the great teams are built on now. Reggie is going to win us titles. We need a solid young prospect at that position. I'll take a 6'5" PG that also happens to be the top international prospect in the draft. The international guys have been good picks lately though. Not just that but if you look at the mock drafts it's all PG's and wings. It's no surprise. Teams can't get enough of them. We just have to hope one of those PG's drops to us, otherwise we're just going to be getting depth on our front line which would equal a guy who won't crack the rotation for a year or two. Ellenson couldn't play this year. Boban sat the bench. Lueur isn't going anywhere. We still have Tobias and Morris that can play the 4 too. PG seems like the only position someone may get a crack at it if someone gets injured. I think it would be a great spot for us too since it would give the player a chance to learn for a season. Ntilikina could possibly play with Reggie or Ish in the back court some too. He's tall enough to defend SG's at least. If that doesn't happen I'd take the huge risk and go for Harry Giles. He was supposed to be the top pick of this draft before the season. Injuries have hurt that but he's young still. He wouldn't need to play a ton so he would have time to work on conditioning and making sure he's 100%. Sure he isn't the 3 point shooter we need but he could end up being a good perimeter defender on other PF's who shoot 3s and also it would make for an interesting pick and roll game. I'm all about going for a guy who was once considered a #1 pick (hence Drummond). It's really all we can do at this point. Try to get the player who falls for some odd reason. It's the story of all of our drafts kind of.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:37 PM   #3
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

If for example the Jazz came to us with an Exum for #12 trade, would we pull the trigger on something like that?........
Old 05-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #4
dd24
NBA lottery pick

I don't see the Jazz shopping him. I'd think about it though. He's more game ready than a lot of the guys being drafted in that area.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:49 PM   #5
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

20 year old,
6'5
Super highly touted draft pick from last year,
Athletic

However is quite raw, outside shot is not consistent (although developing) and has probably been slower to progress as Jazz would have hoped.

If the Jazz are indeed (I think they will) going to give Hill 100 million $, then they surely would entertain something like that?.... Perhaps
Old 05-04-2017, 10:43 PM   #6
dd24
NBA lottery pick

I think trading for LMA would be something the Pistons should entertain first. That would be an amazing front line. The problem is this is a guard/wing driven league.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:44 PM   #7
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

hrmmm I think after watching him this year he is deff on the decline, looks a little slower than previous years - I think that trend will continue - I wouldn't be looking at him. Would rather Milsap of LMA any day of the week...
Old 05-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #8
Nastradamus
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
If for example the Jazz came to us with an Exum for #12 trade, would we pull the trigger on something like that?........

It would be an interesting gamble. DOesn't help our shooting though

I need to some how get both Ntikilina and Kennard
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:21 AM   #9
Nastradamus
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I think trading for LMA would be something the Pistons should entertain first. That would be an amazing front line. The problem is this is a guard/wing driven league.

Yah, IDK, he looks like crap right now. Never been a fan really tbh
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:07 PM   #10
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Those ping pong balls never work in our favor lol. At least we're in the same spot that we should have been.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:12 PM   #11
dd24
NBA lottery pick

I really wish we would have tanked like some of these other teams. I think the Lakers have better young players than we do. I think the 76ers really look like they're set up to be an excellent team in a few years. The Pistons have no direction. Looking at how this ended up I don't see one of those PG's falling to us. That's going to possibly leave a guy like Lauri Markkanen. That would mean we would be using a draft pick on another PF that can shoot outside. We already have Ellenson, and Luerer. All pretty much the same player lol. I don't see how Frank Ntilikina would fall past Sacramento. Rather than being mediocre next season I'd rather just tank lol.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: