Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rank the top 10 point guards in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    1. Chris Paul - he's shown what he can do when he's healthy and it was on full display against the Lakers. Excellent shooter, ball-handler, court vision, and defense
    2. Derrick Rose - explosiveness, mid range game, and dynamic scoring ability. MVP
    3. Deron Williams - excellent court vision, great shooter, and deceptively athletic
    4. Rajon Rondo - great defender and passer
    5. Steve Nash - elite shooter and court vision
    6. Russell Westbrook - explosive athlete, great rebounder, can take over a game, but has poor shot selection and average court vision
    7. John Wall - insanely fast and a great passer, can score too...will only get better, wouldn't be surprised if he's as good as Derrick Rose and Westbrook by next year
    8. Tony Parker - may be one of the best finishers at his position, average passer, but great in pick and roll situations and creating mismatches
    9. Stephen Curry - elite shooter, good scorer, and solid passing ability...can play off the ball as well as on it
    10. Jrue Holiday - great defender and size for his position, can defend both the 1 and 2 and is developing into a very good shooter while already possessing good slashing ability
    Spot on

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

1. Paul
    2. Williams
    3. Nash
    4. Rose
    5. Westbrook
    6. Parker
    7. Rondo

After that I really don't know.

good to see people having wall in their top 10

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

1. Chris Paul
    2. Deron Williams
    3. Derrick Rose
    4. Steve Nash
    5. Rajon Rondo
    6. Russell Westbrook
    7. John Wall
    8. Tony Parker
    9. Stephen Curry
    10. Derek Fisher[COLOR="White"](kidding)[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    1. Chris Paul
    2. Deron Williams
    3. Derrick Rose
    4. Steve Nash
    5. Rajon Rondo
    6. Russell Westbrook
    7. John Wall
    8. Tony Parker
    9. Stephen Curry
    10. Derek Fisher[COLOR="White"](kidding)[/COLOR]
    You really think Wall is better than Parker? Wow. Parker seems to be pretty under-rated here.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    You really think Wall is better than Parker? Wow. Parker seems to be pretty under-rated here.
    John Wall will get better next season and Tony will probably get worse with age+his injuries+the fact that he relies on quickness for his whole game to work.

John Wall is going to be a very, very good point guard. He's like a Rondo who can shoot.

Root Of All Evil

John Wall is going to be a very, very good point guard. He's like a Rondo who can shoot.
    Still see him as a poor man's Wade.

And yes, agreed on the Tony Parker analysis.

Never liked his game, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Still see him as a poor man's Wade.

And yes, agreed on the Tony Parker analysis.

Never liked his game, either.
    Who, Wall? He is a point guard.. he has a completely different playstyle and role than Wade. Plus saying someone is a poor man's wade is a pretty huge compliment for a rookie exiting his first year in the league.. Wade is one of the best guards to ever play the game.

I wish NJ got the 1st pick last year.. we wouldn't have needed to trade for and probably lose Deron in a year.

John Wall will get better next season and Tony will probably get worse with age+his injuries+the fact that he relies on quickness for his whole game to work.

I agree about Wall being great someday.

Just can't put him over Parker yet. Parker was easily a better player last year and will be better again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by NugzHeat3
    Any list with Rondo above Nash has no credibility.

Doesn't matter if Rondo is better all around. Doesn't matter if Rondo is better defensively to a greater extent than Nash is better offensively.

The main thing you want from your PG is running the offense which Nash does a far better job of.

Rondo isn't anywhere near Paul, Nash, Rose, Williams or even Westbrook.
    The main thing you want is the ability to win games.

Let Nash play with Ray Allen, Pierce, & KG and we are talking 65 wins.

Im not even a big Nash guy but he is obviously a better player than Rondo.

Lets not get silly.

I don't get how people can rank westbrook in the top 5.

7-time NBA All-Star

1.Deron Williams- He was playing great with Utah last year and he's in his prime. Great scorer who can take over game or play the role of a traditional point guard. Good size and athleticism as well.
    2.Chris Paul- Health makes me hesitant to put him number 1 and I would have liked to have seen him take over games more, but like Williams, he's capable of doing that or being a great facilitator.
    3.Derrick Rose- Explosive scorer and I think he has the leadership intangibles, though he's a bit streaky and not as good of a passer as the other elite point guards which puts him below Deron and Paul for now on my list.
    4.Steve Nash- Could rank higher based on last season, but he will be 38 next February. Either way, he's still among the best shooters in the game and arguably the best passer in the game. Based on last season, I'm not sure you could've picked a better PG to run your offense.
    5.Russell Westbrook- Didn't play great in the playoffs, but I don't see anyone after these top 5 as guys who will play at a superstar level next season. Similar to Rose, though not quite as good. Explosive athlete and a triple double threat.
    6.Rajon Rondo- Like Paul, he can be too passive at times, though he's not the scorer Paul is anyway. However Rondo is one of the better all around point guards, I'm not sold on him being a superstar, though. Good guy to have on a stacked team that doesn't rely on one star.
    7.Tony Parker- Great scorer and a proven championship player. Not a huge fan, but his ability to penetrate and finish in the paint makes him dangerous.
    8.Stephen Curry- Great shooter and a good passer who keeps getting better and should continue that at his age, particularly is Ellis is traded.
    9.John Wall- Has a lot of things to work on, but he could be a PG in the mold of Rose or Westbrook, though I think he could become a better playmaker.
    10.Chauncey Billups- He was banged up last year and he's getting older, but I still like his size, shooting ability and leadership for one more year.

Quote Originally Posted by NugzHeat3
    Any list with Rondo above Nash has no credibility.

Doesn't matter if Rondo is better all around. Doesn't matter if Rondo is better defensively to a greater extent than Nash is better offensively.

The main thing you want from your PG is running the offense which Nash does a far better job of.

Rondo isn't anywhere near Paul, Nash, Rose, Williams or even Westbrook.
    If Rondo is better all around than Nash, he shouldn't be ranked over Nash on a top 10 pg list?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Batz

Dead Last. Jose Calderon - Seriously sickens me how much this guy sucks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGmOlANxMig
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jn87CTrJUU&NR=1
    How the f*ck does that happen?
    Lol, how does a PG get blown by and dunked on by Amare freakin' SToudemire? Uhhhhhhhh.

I'm not defending his D, but pick a good example,where he is at least defending a PG and not the most explosive big in the league.