Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 09-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #16
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Thomas/Noah is not the frontcourt of the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
& to think, that you guuys had Lamarcus Aldridge....

Exactly What you guys need....

& traded him for TT(Who I still think is good& kind of a mini amare)

Yeah I know... the first real stupid thing Paxson did was trading draft picks and giving up Aldridge and then trading Chandler and signing Ben Wallace.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #17
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Signing Ben Wallace wasn't the problem.

It was the amount they signed him for, that was the problem. Picture this same team now, minus Hughes, but still somehow holding onto Gooden. It would be a deep playoff team... second rounder at minimum.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:44 PM   #18
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Yeah I know... the first real stupid thing Paxson did was trading draft picks and giving up Aldridge and then trading Chandler and signing Ben Wallace.

Exactly. If we had Aldridge and Chandler we'd be set. But we don't.

MSN has Noah as one fo the young players to watch this year and I agree with them. He could turn out to be a decent PF/C, but you gotta give the kid time. He played well when given the minutes last season.

TT is still raw but if he doesn't pan out he could still be a solid bench player and running mate for D Rose and company.

People act like everyone needs a dominant center....the Celts won with Kendrick Perkins at center and no one scoring on the block (consistently).

Give our young guys a chance and cultivate their talent is my MO.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:50 AM   #19
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Thomas/Noah is not the frontcourt of the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
The problem with Thomas is that he's too small to play power forward. He has the height but he'd get dominated against bigger players. If he can really improve on offense and if Luol Deng can improve I really wouldn't mind seeing Deng move to SG and Thomas to SF.

How do you think a lineup of Rose, Deng, Thomas, Drew Gooden and Noah would do?

That lineup wouldn't do very well. The defense would be able to collapse and we would never get a shot inside of 15 feet, which is the limit for everyone in that lineup except for Deng, who can go out to 18-20 feet consistently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
People act like everyone needs a dominant center....the Celts won with Kendrick Perkins at center and no one scoring on the block (consistently).

Well, they had some guy named Kevin Garnett. I hear he's pretty good...
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: