Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Would you be happier for/respect more the Heat, if their team formed naturally?

I don't care at all. It's their lives, legacy & career. Anything I say isn't going to change what they did and nothing I'm going to say is going to change any decision they make in the future so why not just sit back and enjoy their dominance instead of complaining about every little thing since we will never see a team like this again?

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Would you be happier for/respect more the Heat, if their team formed naturally?

The only redeeming factor for the Heat, to me, is that they play elite defense. Which does not necessarily happen overnight or with little effort put in. I have defended them on that aspect, because it takes team congruency. Nobody is denying the Heat earned their chips and had to work, but the amount of coasting they are seemingly able to do is worrisome. At times, feels like they're not even trying or taking the moment seriously. They can win a championship playing at 80% of their potential, and that's scary from a parity perspective.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Umm.......

Agree with all the previous posts. Basically the heat franchise only needed

a) the weather and the nightlife
    b) Pat Riley

and they got 2 superstars, one all star, all in their primes, and the chance to win multiple championships. To me that's not fair to teams that build through drafting well, wise free agencies/trades, and player development.

We all enjoyed the ECF and the Finals, however I think part of the reason why is that the 1st and 2nd rounds of the East were horribly boring. The only series worth watching then was the Bulls/Nets one, which also featured teams with the most equal amount of talent on both sides.

How about instead of having a Heat - Bucks massacre we see the Cavs w/ Lebron vs. Raptors w/ Bosh or even the Heat w/ Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    so why not just sit back and enjoy their dominance
    That's the thing, instead of seeing Lebron vs. Wade battles, I'm just seeing how legitimate contenders like the Pacers and Spurs seem ill-equipped to contain the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    That's the thing, instead of seeing Lebron vs. Wade battles, I'm just seeing how legitimate contenders like the Pacers and Spurs seem ill-equipped to contain the Heat.
    so basically for your entertainment teams should not be overwhelmingly dominant because its unfair?

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    LeBron Vs. Wade would be terribly boring the past two seasons. Do you think Wade would be able to play as much as he has with his knees the past two years if he was the one carrying the Heat? Thanks to LeBron, Miami was able to drop his minutes two years ago and last year, his usage, to keep him effective a bit longer.

Haters will hate no matter what.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Yes.

They basically colluded, and since then it's been a magnet for talent like Ray Allen, Battier, and such (the effects of them teaming up haven't ended).

It's not quite the first time in history it's happened, and I would say the same thing about any previous "super teams", but something about Bron, Wade, and Bosh teaming up seemed so fabricated, cheap, and desperate.

Even trolling has a limit.How can you compare 3 of the top 7 players to lebron,wade and especially bosh.

I understand the anger personally it doesnt make a difference to me but jordan,magic,bird vs lebron,wade,bosh.Come on

DONT TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Its an insult to jordan,magic,bird.Only lebron deserves to be mentioned in the same breath.Bosh isnt even top 50.Wade is top 20.Lebron has just entered top 10(or 11)

COME ON

Quote Originally Posted by eriX
    so basically for your entertainment teams should not be overwhelmingly dominant because its unfair?
    If I had my way I'd like exciting games like in the ECF and games 6 & 7 of the finals all the time, I really don't see what's entertaining about powerhouse teams steamrolling opponents.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by eriX
    Well, just out of curiosity, at what point would the amount of talent the Heat acquires be Veto-worthy?

They haven't gotten there yet, but they're close IMO. If they signed a Paul Milsap or Andre Iguodala, who can beat that team?

What's enjoyable about a fake, video game type roster?

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    If my team had formed like that, in that type of manner, I would find it incredibly hard to stomach being a fan of the team. I would probably have to go into hibernation to avoid the criticism that would come with it.

There's nothing wrong with politicians, but do we like them? No. Same thing with the Heat.
    This reflects my opinion on the matter actually, except I'm not sure about the politicians comparison. Had LeBron and Bosh come to Chicago I'd be incredibly happy because it would be a ridiculous dynasty, but even if I posted on bball forums or in general I'd never take the "we da bess" or "haters gonna hate" attitude like so many Heat fans seem to. I'd honestly completely understand the hate and criticism and probably just avoid such topics since I know that's the price of having such a fabricated team, even though unlike Miami, Chicago already had most of the pieces through the draft.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Even trolling has a limit.How can you compare 3 of the top 7 players to lebron,wade and especially bosh.

I understand the anger personally it doesnt make a difference to me but jordan,magic,bird vs lebron,wade,bosh.Come on

DONT TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Its an insult to jordan,magic,bird.Only lebron deserves to be mentioned in the same breath.Bosh isnt even top 50.Wade is top 20.Lebron has just entered top 10(or 11)

COME ON
    It's the principle I'm talking about, man.....

If you think that's a direct comparison, I don't know what to say....

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kobeef24
    These players are at the end of their careers. They aren't taking paycuts in their prime. I've got no problem with Wade taking a paycut. I know it's all legal, but it does feel a little like cheating to me. Either way they earned their championships and I've got no real problem with what they did.
    Parker was an MVP candidate as recent as this past season. He could've gotten a max deal a few seasons back, but stayed on for a smaller amount of money. I'd say he's well in his prime similar to LeBron, still one of the fastest players in the league.

As a Heat fan, I would love it if Wade could take a pay cut after next season. But his ego probably wouldn't allow him to get paid a lot less than what LeBron and Bosh make. So maybe all three of those guys can take something like $10m each per year.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    LeBron Vs. Wade would be terribly boring the past two seasons. Do you think Wade would be able to play as much as he has with his knees the past two years if he was the one carrying the Heat? Thanks to LeBron, Miami was able to drop his minutes two years ago and last year, his usage, to keep him effective a bit longer.
    I just used it as an example. But we'll never really know since they never faced each other in the playofs. THAT is my main issue.

Also on the other side, Lebron won't have that much firepower on his team too, a lot more teams could have a chance of competing. It's like we just waited for who the Heat will meet on the ECF.