Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Default Jason Kidd's Jersey Retirement: Preseason Nets vs Heat @ 8:00 PM TNT

My favorite player of all time and a top 5 PG of all-time will have his jersey retired by the team that viewed him as their savior and is currently trying to save them again.

When you think of the Nets, you think of Jason Kidd, even 6 years after he left, it's great to see him back where he belongs.
    Last edited by The JKidd Kid; 10-17-2013 at 12:34 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: Jason Kidd's Jersey Retirement: TNT @8:30

Tonight? Why?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Jason Kidd's Jersey Retirement: Preseason Nets vs Heat @ 8:00 PM TNT

Why would they retire his number during a pre season game? That makes no sense at all.

Default Re: Jason Kidd's Jersey Retirement: Preseason Nets vs Heat @ 8:00 PM TNT

Same night as the Miami-UNC game.

I guess I'll have to go back and forth.

man forget that niguh jason man, this niguh got some damn nerve

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    My favorite player of all time and a top 5 PG of all-time will have his jersey retired by the team that viewed him as their savior and is currently trying to save them again.

When you think of the Nets, you think of Jason Kidd, even 6 years after he left, it's great to see him back where he belongs.
    Yep, he's so important they are retiring his jersey during a preseason game. Clearly joking about how important he was, but why preseason? How many people out there don't even know this is happening because it's preseason?

Lebron might be coming to put on a show too, a lot of stuff going on for a preseason game.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Why would they retire his number during a pre season game? That makes no sense at all.
    He doesn't want to do it in the regular season because it would be a distraction. He wants to get it over with now and when the regular season starts, just focus on winning.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    He doesn't want to do it in the regular season because it would be a distraction. He wants to get it over with now and when the regular season starts, just focus on winning.
    That's silly, it would be before a game, the time would be added on. These type of things are for the fans to see. Total overthinking.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

My best guess is that as a coach now, he doesn't want his team distracted by his retirement.

Either that or there was pressure to do it during pre-season to sell out a pre-season game

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    My best guess is that as a coach now, he doesn't want his team distracted by his retirement.

Either that or there was pressure to do it during pre-season to sell out a pre-season game
    The game is going to be sold out regardless. The Nets v. Pistons occupied 95% of the Nets tiny ass arena. Safe to say Nets v. Heat going to be a sellout.

who cares if its preseason. its on national tv. thats all that matters for HOF player like JKidd. one of the greatest ever to lace em up

preseason doesnt take away any kind of meaning to this

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    who cares if its preseason. its on national tv. thats all that matters for HOF player like JKidd. one of the greatest ever to lace em up

preseason doesnt take away any kind of meaning to this
    Exactly. Let's enjoy the ceremony and enjoy the preseason matchup between the two best teams in the east, possibly the NBA.

Only Knicks fans are questioning "OMG, why is this in preseason...".

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Exactly. Let's enjoy the ceremony and enjoy the preseason matchup between the two best teams in the east, possibly the NBA.

Only Knicks fans are questioning "OMG, why is this in preseason...".
    I have friends who are Net fans who didn't know until today they are retiring Kidd's jersey tonight. It's a preseason game. Only hardcore fans watch preseason games. Think i'm wrong? It's nowhere close to a sellout. For Jason Kidd having his jersey retired. Generally you want your fanbase to see moments like this unless i'm confused...

I don't care, i just want to see the game.

Well deserved

There will never be another Jason Kidd

Can i ask why the Net fans have a cow about any criticism? The Knicks have faults up and down that i understand (want a list?). It's par from the course. Are the Nets perfect? The Heat aren't, and they've been to the finals three times. But the Nets schedule something at a stupid time and Net fan's can't admit it. Really?