Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Get so annoyed when people thank military people for their service

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    How many have you met. I know plenty who volunteered to go back over before their normal rotation came because their friends are over there. I volunteered for Iraq solely because I had friends over their who mentioned that there were not enough technical controllers over their to help with the comm's and insure those beyond the wire didn't have crap for communications. I ended up staying for almost three years and I met plenty of people civilian and in the military who stayed as long as they could for similar reasons and kept coming back out there when they didn't have too. I think if you asked most of these people if they deserved any special treatment or thanks they would tell you flat out they didn't. You may go out there with a notion you are doing it to protect your country, but you stay because you are protecting the person who eats, sleeps and works with you on an almost 24/7 basis.
    I'm obviously not talking about anyone who has additional reasons to go.

I'm talking about if all else is equal. Knows nobody in Afghanistan, knows nobody in Okinawa. Let's say this is also the height of the invasion in Afghanistan when there is a lot of mild combat going on all the time, and the soldier in question would be a direct part of that. You ask that soldier where he wants to go and it's definitely Okinawa in the vast majority of the cases.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I respect soldiers, but deep down I don't care about them.... Sorry.

They wanna die and risk their lives for rich white men, let them be. I do agree that the overwhelming vast majority join for financial interests and not for some heroic purpose, which would be wrong anyway.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I respect soldiers, but deep down I don't care about them.... Sorry.

They wanna die and risk their lives for rich white men, let them be. I do agree that the overwhelming vast majority join for financial interests and not for some heroic purpose, which would be wrong anyway.
    I too.

I know tens of military guys and almost all of them joined up because they weren't doing shit with their lives. You thank them for their service, but you also want to smack them over the head as well. I probably know upwards of 50 servicemen and women and only two were planning this career choice before leaving HS. I've always wanted to join the military, but honestly I can't see myself willingly being a pawn used for gain instead of protection.

Anyone who really disrespects soldiers should just be sent to die in Afghanistan. They are the ones who risk their lives for you, and you show them no respect. ****ing assholes.

I get annoyed with it too, because I want the military personnel to stand up to the establishment and arrest them for starting fake wars, killing millions of people, and stealing trillions of dollars....instead of carrying out the orders to "protect us" from phantom enemies.

When they do that, I'll thank them.....

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Math2
    Anyone who really disrespects soldiers should just be sent to die in Afghanistan. They are the ones who risk their lives for you, and you show them no respect. ****ing assholes.
    The overwhelming vast majority don't join thinking "I am gonna join to save joe shmoe's life!"

And when they're there, they HAVE to defend THEMSELVES.

Like I mentioned, it's a tough job and i wish them the best. But it is damn near a myth that they're "protecting our liberties."

They're there to protect the economic interests for the uber wealthy, and powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I thank our military veterans all the time and I also thank police officers I chat with sometimes for their service.

Do military vets sign up for it because they have no better option? Absolutely, but it doesn't change the fact that they are called onto duty to help protect this country you live in.

The only reason you have the privileges you have today in this country is because we have the most advanced military in the world that goes through some of the best training you can get on earth. Without that we'd get ran over by anyone who wanted it. You can have all these freedoms and laws made, but who the f*ck is going to protect them? You certainly aren't.

You want to know the sad part? That military vet that gets deployed and risks his life to defend your country probably BARELY gets paid more than your garbage man OR he gets paid less depending upon where the garage man works. Garbage men in New York get paid up to $80,000 a year.

You get annoyed by it? Go f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck yourself...honestly.

What are US soldiers doing in freaking Afghanistan? Why they are sent to die there???

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    What are US soldiers doing in freaking Afghanistan? Why they are sent to die there???
    Keeping the US' pimp hand strong in the middle east.

Nobody wants to say it out loud, but military and economic power are the only true powers in the human world. People get so caught up in whether something is "right" or "wrong" that they fail to realize that morality is subjective.

Liberals will whine that we are only in the middle east to protect the flow of oil. I say yeah, so the fck what? We don't do things because they are right or wrong, we do things to protect and grow our power.

The world is not a nice place, and you need to constantly stay one step ahead of everyone else. Your allies today will be your enemies the moment you let your guard down and become vulnerable. The people at the top of our government have always understood this. The CIA has always understood this.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Keeping the US' pimp hand strong in the middle east.

Nobody wants to say it out loud, but military and economic power are the only true powers in the human world. People get so caught up in whether something is "right" or "wrong" that they fail to realize that morality is subjective.

Liberals will whine that we are only in the middle east to protect the flow of oil. I say yeah, so the fck what? We don't do things because they are right or wrong, we do things to protect and grow our power.

The world is not a nice place, and you need to constantly stay one step ahead of everyone else. Your allies today will be your enemies the moment you let your guard down and become vulnerable. The people at the top of our government have always understood this. The CIA has always understood this.
    You agree that US are pests. Fine. All I wanted

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    You agree that US are pests. Fine. All I wanted
    So what? Iran is a pest to us. Everyone is a pest to someone else.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    The only reason you have the privileges you have today in this country is because we have the most advanced military in the world that goes through some of the best training you can get on earth. Without that we'd get ran over by anyone who wanted it. You can have all these freedoms and laws made, but who the f*ck is going to protect them? You certainly aren't.

You want to know the sad part? That military vet that gets deployed and risks his life to defend your country probably BARELY gets paid more than your garbage man OR he gets paid less depending upon where the garage man works. Garbage men in New York get paid up to $80,000 a year.

You get annoyed by it? Go f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck yourself...honestly.
    this is a complete farce. While there is some truth in the protection of our freedoms with military force, the last actual war where that was the case was either WWII or the Civil War. Such a bunch of bullshit.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Afghanistan and Iraq are no threat to my freedom. hth

Wow, some of the views in this thread about our military service members are shocking and disgusting, if we were ever invaded you all would be on their nuts. and a lot of them do drop bigger and better things to defend us (and are college educated). Our military is the reason that you all have the luxury to be ungrateful pricks in the first place (never any immediate danger, etc.)