Re: Your thoughts on the season debut vs. Pacers, 10/18/17?
- Pretty good effort staying in the game despite some major leads by Indy.
- DLo really DOES have some ice-water in his veins. His relative lack of NBA athleticism for a PG might actually work in his favor, similar to a Chris Paul. In other words, he seems to realise he's never going to be a Westbrook / Iverson / etc, and therefore has become a better passer / shooter / tricky scorer.
- As much as I praised Lin just above, he still plays out-of-control at times (a little too much hero-ball), for example on the drive that got him injured. Just a sprained ankle, hopefully?
- The Nets are basically trying to be a 3/D/Passing team, but it obviously has some ways to go. Beating on the hapless Knicks in preseason is all well and good, but we're obviously way behind where we need to be as a "3DP" team.
- Every single player on this team should be able to shoot close to 33% or better on threes. Besides the two obvious under-performers, Mozgov and Booker, some players still look kind of uncomfortable with that. I would think that has to change for this style to work. Of course, that's no doubt relative to talent. :S
- Defense obviously sucked arse, and we can't even blame that on a speedy scoring guard that our guys were unable to contain. That seems like a pretty alarming sign, at least for this one sample.
- I like the fact that, near the end of the game, our depth and pace was starting to exhaust them. This will surely play dividends, going forward.